PDA

View Full Version : XBOX LIVE CHAT in Session!

viperII
10-15-2002, 09:24 PM
http://communities2.microsoft.com/home/chatroom.aspx?siteid=34000010

carlbme
10-15-2002, 09:41 PM
Sweet!!

carlbme
10-15-2002, 09:48 PM
ACK, they reopened the questions and i lost track. Moves WAYYY to quick

AmpedRider
10-15-2002, 09:49 PM
Cost of Live after year 1? - TBD - will depend alot on new services, # of subscribers, what games want to do, etc.
It will be worth every penny, no matter what!

: Q: UC 16x at launch? A: Hell yes, baby!

Q from off-line: Will headsets sell separately? A: Initially only subscriber bundles, but once launch demand is satisfied we will look at this again......

Q: do you love your beta testers? A: Yes, I love whooping up on them at MotoGP.

Q: plan for revolt post launch? A: TBD. its pretty fun already, but current plan is just for beta purposes. if enough demand (let us know!) we might let it live on for awhile.

: Q: WTH (what the Heck) is the connectivity tester? A: It's a stress tester for the connectivity between you and the service, and you and other gamers. It creates tons of sessions, makes thousands of matches, etc. Hammers the connection to make sure it's robust.

What's new for beta testers b4 launch? A: Nothing planned beyond MGP & Whacked!,

Q: How much would a new weapon or map or spell or tip or unock or level or cheat or tattoo or clothes or other such thing cost in games?: A: TOTALLY depends upon a game. From $0.01, to $1,000,000.00, I'd expect. Dr. Evil will love this.

Q: Will lag suck on Xbox Live? A: In general, no. We went with broadband, and we engineered a dedicated service, specifically to make it work great. The lag you see as a tester should get better between now and launch as we tweak and tune. This is why

: we didn't use 56K. It's like sucking pizza through a straw.

Q: Will AOL work? A: We're working hard with AOL on it. I can't promise timeframes, but I can promise that we'll continue to work hard on the problem with AOL.

Q: Extra gamertags? A: One per subscription. This is YOU. The real deal. Your reputation. Your play. Your identity. Make it count and keep it real.

Q: keyboard/mouse for Live? A: Will be driven by game demand and your demand for those games. Keyboards would be more likely in my mind; mice really change the dynamic of the title.

Q: textchat and or web browsing / email on Xbox Live? A: voice rules for chat. it is the Xbox way. Web browsing and email are both great things...on a PC. Use a PC for them...it works great. TV res (NTSC) isn't great for browsing, and this email thing is cool but it really sucks as a game.

Q: When does UC hit streets? A: launch, baby! see you on day 1.

Q: WHAT ABOUT MMORPG's ??? A: Great titles. Innovative worlds, great social dynamics, we love them. Galaxies is a great example...and is just the start. True Fantasy Live online is another great example. This will be a rich category on Live.

Q: Im sure you have heard that xbox has already been taken apart and hacked into, are you afraid this will happen to xbox live?: A: We watch the hacking scene to make sure we protect our partners in the game dev/publishing space. We want your Xbox, hard drive, online Live connection, to also be secure. So we work with lots of partners to keep on top of it...tough job but we're diligent!

Q: e-mails and surveys...why do they get so mixed up during this beta? A: We're too busy playing UC deathmatch. Give us a friggin' break.

Q: DIVERGENCE ERRORS IN BETA: Will this be patched by SEGA?? A: This is why we have a beta program; we make sure this gets fixed as we roll the service out.

: Q: will there be administration tools for the games, boot, ban? A: depends upon the game itself. It'll be game controls, for stuff like booting (see MotoGP, or your friends list!), but "administration tools" is kind of an icky term, no?

Q: JEFF, WHAT IS YOUR GAMERTAG. A: Friends lists currently have a 100-friend limit. Mine is full!

Q: Jeff, you said UC is "hosted" - meaning p2p or MS server? A: Both. We'll host a bunch, but our hope is that so many people see how amazing the game is, that they just take over by hosting more games of UC that we can even count.