PDA

View Full Version : Score another one for the Xbox!!

JeremyX
11-13-2001, 05:32 PM
This was taken from an interview with the creator of DOA3. See what he had to say about the Xbox and its competetors.

IGNXBOX: Ever since your statements in our last interview, there have been a few developers talking more about you. There have been some - without mentioning any names - that say they would love to port your game to another next generation console - PS2 or Game Cube - just to prove you wrong that Dead Or Alive 3 can be done faithfully on another console. Have anything to say about that?

TI: First of all I'd like to offer a lucrative position with Team Ninja to developers who make such a claim. I know for a fact that it is impossible to port DOA3's contents to PS2 without degrading the quality drastically. I'll have a better chance of mimicking it on the Gamecube but it will never be as good as the Xbox version. One obvious reason is the lack of hard drive in other systems.

BooYa!!

smack119
11-13-2001, 05:36 PM
take that all you ps2 and gamecube lovers.....NO DOA3 FOR YOU!

Frostberg
11-13-2001, 05:40 PM
Yeah that creator is so right because for the massive environments on DoA3 it is helpful that the harddrive will cache this info so that it makes seamless play. On the GC with just reading from the disc it would have to stop every second to load info on the silly...what, 20MBs or so of RAM on the GC?

l Maximus l
11-13-2001, 05:46 PM
The guy has a point. Why would a developer want to downgrade this game just so he can sell it on other consoles? He probably doesn't need the money...he just wants quality. This dude is great! That's what it's all about...it's not about quantity, it's quality.

Frostberg
11-13-2001, 06:03 PM
But I have a feeling Microsoft wanted Tecmo to make it only for Xbox, I cant but think they had a role in this...even though it is probably true that the quality wouldnt be as good...but then why are games still being released for the PS1? money...

l Maximus l
11-13-2001, 06:07 PM
Frostberg...that wasn't my point...My point was that the developer of DOA3 won't sell that specific game to Sony or Nintendo because he doesn't want to downgrade the game's amazing quality. I admire that :)

Frostberg
11-13-2001, 06:09 PM
I know what you meant, I just was adding my point of view, where it seems like Microsoft persuaded Tecmo to only let DoA3 to be made for Xbox.

l Maximus l
11-13-2001, 06:13 PM
Oh, I see Forstberg...sorry about that, dude. Either way you look at it, DOA3 is exclusive to the XBox :D

Frostberg
11-13-2001, 06:17 PM
Yeah I love it, and I hope with Microsofts purchasing power they can get other companies to make Xbox exclusive games. It would be nice if they could find some more great companies like Bungie, who have a wonderful idea, but dont really have the funds they need to make a great game. WHen I first heard about halo, it was pretty good at the time and was suppost to be for the PC, then microsoft bought Bungie and I think this let them put more resources and people into the development of the game and this should make it what the gamespot people say as "the best first person shooter-ever, on any platform."