PDA

View Full Version : Transfering Files: PC -> X-Box

TheFeniX
10-16-2002, 09:55 PM
My roomate was telling me of a program that would easily transfer files from my PC HDD (songs, etc.) to the X-Box HDD, using the Ethernet interface.

Of course he can't remember the name of the software or where he supposedly saw it.

Is there a program out that supports this yet, or should my roomate lay off the crack?

Variation-XBA
10-16-2002, 09:57 PM
Technically its possible but Id never bother...just burn your MP3s to a CD-RW and voila...http://www.gamers-forums.com/smilies/contrib/ruinkai/bigglasses.gif

TheFeniX
10-16-2002, 10:12 PM
See, I thought about that, but I'm a DL freak. I still have patch dowloads for games such as X-Wing and UT even though I don't game them anymore.

With limited X-Box space and massive amounts of PC storage space, I would like to be able to DL any supplements to my games onto my PC then transfer them back and forth for archiving.

It's funny you mention a CD-RW: as I was making this post that's exactly what I was doing.

Variation-XBA
10-16-2002, 10:36 PM
Get another HD if you wanna do archiving :P Dont be mean to the box! :(

odpr
10-18-2002, 06:27 PM
I didn't know that the xbox can read burn cd's at all...correct me if I am wrong..

thatroger
10-18-2002, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by odpr
I didn't know that the xbox can read burn cd's at all...correct me if I am wrong..

No the xbox can't burn CDs. It can rip the music off of CD-RWs and normal Audio CDs that you buy though.

Duke
10-19-2002, 08:56 AM
Might want to pm shaggy about this, i'm pretty sure he's done more to his box around here than anyone else.

that poor, poor box

AmpedRider
10-19-2002, 09:06 AM
call social services we got box abuse here lol

Frink
10-19-2002, 10:44 AM
It's possible, but you have to have your Xbox modded. I would suggest like previously stated, that you PM shaggy about it...he's big into Xbox modding.