PDA

View Full Version : Just one dissapointment after another.

Veno
10-17-2002, 07:16 PM
I recently went to my local EB, and now I've found out there will be no vehicles in the final version of Unreal Championship. To me, this was the only lasting appeal to the game, since it's seeming to come out of the closet as a complete replica of UT and UT2k3. I also found out that Raven Shield is pushed back til February, and that Counter Strike is just a port from the original Counter Strike pc version.

So now, I don't even know why I would get xbox live, can anybody give me any reason to get xbox live when it comes out? I mean besides Halo 2 a year or two from now. Possibly even 3 if it follows the footsteps of its predecessor. Seriously, I can't think of anything, I know there's got to be something.

fowlowl
10-17-2002, 07:18 PM
MECH ASSAULT

MerimacHamwich
10-17-2002, 07:18 PM
Too many reasons to list. UC will be great. Think about it, vehicles don't really fit in with an Unreal game.

Veno
10-17-2002, 07:20 PM
UC will be great? For what reasons? It's a ****ing duplicate of ut2k3.

MerimacHamwich
10-17-2002, 07:21 PM
Exactly. Oh and it is not a carbon copy. They will be changing the way some things look and so on.

Veno
10-17-2002, 07:24 PM
So thats your only reason, and since I already have ut2k3, im selling my box, i guess.

EHWfedPres
10-17-2002, 07:27 PM
None of the vehicles in UC had any weapons anyway, they were just meant as a mode of fast transportation.

If you want to play Counterstrike, play it on the PC, nobody's stopping you.

Ghost Recon will keep you occupied until Feb...

and whoever said MECH ASSAULT deserves a pat on the back, this game will kick a big 100 ton áss!

The next great game tho...has to be Deathrow, coming out October 23rd.

EHWfedPres
10-17-2002, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by Veno
So thats your only reason, and since I already have ut2k3, im selling my box, i guess.

maybe if you cared about more than 3 games then you wouldnt be disappointed...look at this...

Deathrow
MechAssault
Unreal Championship
Ghost Recon
Project Ego
Splinter Cell
True Crime: Streets of LA

And thats only a small fragment of the many many awesome games yet to come...and all coming soon, with the exception of Project Ego and possibly TC:SOLA...but anyway, there's also a ton of great games out there ready to be played, so please, sell your Xbox. I really want you to regret it when you do too, because you are stupid for saying everything is disappointing when you only make reference to 3 games, all of which are not out yet...two of them are not even close to being completed, so please, sell your Xbox right away, because its just a disappointment anyway...you even said it yourself...

Koopa
10-17-2002, 07:32 PM
UC, which has a rumored vehicle download...also more maps, skins, weapons, voice chat, less lag (probably:D )

Mech assault..need i say more? rampaging with a 50 foot tall mech in a fully destructible city with enemy tanks, soldiers, and vehicles...oh yeah, and even more mechs who want to hand you your mechanical ass on a platter. Add in voice chat with a bunch of other carnage-loving mech fans, and you've got a killer app

ghost recon- pc game of the year gets upgraded for xbox with new features, better graphics, and , yup, VOICE CHAT!

toejam and earl 3-yeah its online too or something

whacked-that guy from penny-arcade kinda liked it..:D

Proje..er...Fable- it has undisclosed online content...I can't wait:D

Battlefield 1942- reminds me of halo with more vehicles and nazis

brute force...MAYBE (it was delayed till june.....for XBL support?! maaaaaaaaaaybe!)

MerimacHamwich
10-17-2002, 07:32 PM
The graphics in DeathRow look amazing.

EHWfedPres
10-17-2002, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by MerimacHamwich
The graphics in DeathRow look amazing.

Yes they do, but more importantly, the gameplay looks amazing.

and the R is not meant to be capitalized. ;)

MerimacHamwich
10-17-2002, 07:38 PM
Hey Koopa who says Brute Force is not gonna be out till June? xbox.com has it slated for November and ebgames.com has it slated for shipping on Christmas day.

EHWfedPres
10-17-2002, 07:40 PM
ebgames.com has it slated for shipping on Christmas day.

Oh boy, how intelligent...:rolleyes: perhaps they chould have at least had it released the day before Christmas instead of the day after...sounds dumb to me.

MerimacHamwich
10-17-2002, 07:42 PM
Heh, yeah I know. Maybe that is some other shipping date, like for when you order it but it was the only date I could see.

Koopa
10-17-2002, 07:44 PM
Hey Koopa who says Brute Force is not gonna be out till June? xbox.com has it slated for November and ebgames.com has it slated for shipping on Christmas day.

ah im sorry i meant january...im pretty sure i heard it was delayed till then, but maybe i'm wrong..

brute force should still be good, even without XBL support:D

EHWfedPres
10-17-2002, 07:45 PM
Pre-Order: Ships on 12/25/2002

nope, you were right.

robnyack
10-17-2002, 09:33 PM
as a beta-tester, all I can tell you is, if you sell your xbox and give up on XBL w/o even giving it a chance, you are a fool.

Trust me, once you go Live, you will not want to give it up.

What are you going to do, go live with ps2??? I hear it's a lag fest. The amazing lack of lag on XBL is the most stunning thing for me.

kevgt2000
10-17-2002, 09:35 PM
im gonna sell my box , give me a break you need to stop complaining , go buy yourself a ps2 and go on there great network!!!!!!!!

Highlite23
10-17-2002, 09:40 PM
Cry me a river..........no offense, but if your so unhappy please go, just go do what you feel is better for you.

You do need to know that your making a big mistake, but hey.........we won't be too hard on you when you come back.:)

LynxFX
10-17-2002, 10:20 PM
UC will be great? For what reasons? It's a ****ing duplicate of ut2k3.

It isn't a complete duplicate....UT2K3 has vehicles. :)

But back to UC, the only differences are 10 additional maps not available in UT2K3 (although you can now download 100's of new maps for it) and the weapons are changed graphically. That's it.

But for those without a good pc UC will be one helluva game on Live. For those with a good pc and UT2K3 then I would probably sit UC out and get a different Live game. Whacked is freakin awesome!!

borka105
10-17-2002, 10:48 PM
these are some of the games that coming out for xbox live.

First we have all the Sega sports titles exclusive to XBOX for online play

Second MechAssualt- this is probably 1 of the best games you will ever play. It's completed and now the prog. are just fixing the bugs

Third- Ghost Recon- It doesn't get better then this in terms of a War game

Midtown Madness3- The best selling car game ever

XII- Cell Shaded FPS, with unreal engine

Unreal-

Crimson Skies

Shining Lore- RPG for Live

Stake- Powerstone type fighter

Lamborghini- Racing game

Armada 2: Star Command

These are just a few of the 50+ promised in 1 year of xbl release.

-Borka105

yall
10-18-2002, 10:46 AM
Counter Strike is just a port from the original Counter Strike pc version.

With Counter-Strike being one of the most popular online shooters ever, can you explain to us how this is bad?

Kraft
10-18-2002, 11:16 AM

I'll give you 5 dollars and a bagel for it.