PDA

View Full Version : THURSDAY BABY!!!!!! 1 more day and the wait is over!!!

Chaotic
11-13-2001, 06:41 PM
Finally the time is just about here, Thursday is O so close.
I will be at EB at 630 am to be the first at the door to recieve my Xbox, i will then come home and lock myself into my basement and play away for hours and hours.

My bundle
Halo
Fever 2002
PGR
DVD Playback Kit
1 Controllers

Bought 11/12/2001

DOA 3
Interact controller
AV Pak with S/Video

Who esle will be getting there Xbox on thursday? also who has either taken of school or missed work for the release???

I myself am taking off work.

Frostberg
11-13-2001, 08:12 PM
I'm finally 100% sure what I'm gonna do because my Walmart finally has an answer, and 20 Xboxes... Im just gonna go there around 7 and bring my iPAQ and play some games and hang out until I get my Xbox at 12:01ish and go home and pull an all nighter with some penguin peppermint help and have a hell day at school thinkin about Halo and oddworld all day...Although I still dont know if I want to buy a game or save it for The Simpsons Road Rage...I always LOVED crazy taxi!

Chaotic
11-13-2001, 08:24 PM
Why go to school?

Play hooky and stay home and play the BOX all day.

are you sure you will get an Xbox with only 20????

Frostberg
11-13-2001, 08:31 PM
Well when I called the Wal-Mart earlier today, they just said "We dont know exactly what we will do because our distric manager hasnt told us the procedure yet" Which I didnt really think was true, because the Xbox is basically a day and a minute away, so they better get their act together pretty **** fast. But then I called them recently and they said that they would have 20 on a first come first serve basis. I think that by 7, they will still be at least half that amount left. I dont see many people buying it except hardcore gamers. Althouth the more I think about it, it seems that I should come in earlier like at 6, mostly because this is basically the only wal-mart in the region and it is in a good neighborhood, so the punk rich kids might buy all the XBoxes...Still I think as long as I get there before 7:30 I should be fine. But another thing I was wondering...should I buy my games before I get my Xbox? I dont want to take too long and lose my spot, but then again I dont want to be near the end of the line and find out when Its my turn at the register that Halo is out of stock.

*edit- well the real reason that I dont want to buy Games early is because I dont think I can stand to have Halo in my hands, and an xbox on the otherside of the wall and I cant have it until another 5 hours...

Chaotic
11-13-2001, 08:34 PM
Get your Xbox first.

There are Tons of Halo's etc....

I have seen a huge stock of games, so go for the console then worry about the games.

I think either way you will be fine, there are plenty to go around.
But it does sound like the earlier you get there the better off you will be.

Jason1010
11-13-2001, 08:35 PM
Why go to school?

DUDE, U GOTTA GO TO SKOOL!

:):D:)

Chaotic
11-13-2001, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by Jason1010

DUDE, U GOTTA GO TO SKOOL!

:):D:)

True Dat.!!!!!!

To bad i have been out of school for 6 years

i wish i could gloat about it to my little friends, but instead i gloat about it to my boss.

On friday that is since i took off Thursday!!!! :D

Jason1010
11-13-2001, 08:40 PM
i wish i was outa school lol

Frostberg
11-13-2001, 09:03 PM
Just thought Id let everyone know I am twitching with excitement... I almost want to go to bed now so the wait wont be as long...

Chaotic
11-13-2001, 09:06 PM
Yea i hear ya.

xxzone
11-13-2001, 09:11 PM
Glad I read the post about gloating on Friday after taking thursday off. I was wondering how I was going to justify taking thursday and friday off. Now I have a reason to go to work on friday :)

Chaotic
11-13-2001, 09:20 PM
That makes going to work on Friday even more fun :D

JeremyX
11-13-2001, 09:43 PM
I found out that gamestop will have 20 or more units at luanch so I'll show up at 4 in the morning to get mine. I just picked up a controller and Halo today. They didn't have a DVD kit so I'll pick that up tommorow.

batman46st
11-13-2001, 10:22 PM
i cant take this **** want mine now i swear i hate waiting for crap it ****es me off looking back i dont even know how i survived the wait.. all i have to say many people wher hurt on my wait... no but seriously if i dont get one onthurs oh man youll see me at the 11 oclock news as the boy who blew up toysrus.... hahhaahahah just kidding fbi watching my screen from hq... oh look a friendly nsa camera. knock knock on my door probably the cia agent bob to tell me to stop typing threatening things..

i cant wait to get my.

halo

munch

doa 3

n of course mr xbox himself dudes work and college will want to know wat the flying ****ity **** is ****ing going on with me sorry wanted to see the stars where the curses should be.....:D

Chaotic
11-13-2001, 10:22 PM
Hey what game is that screenshot from?

batman46st
11-13-2001, 10:27 PM
ahhhhh i see u like it or notwho knows no game dude i drew it..... :p

Frostberg
11-13-2001, 10:30 PM
I think he was talking about the lizard man...I think he said its from Brute Force...

Chaotic
11-13-2001, 10:36 PM
yea i was talking about the lizard dude, my post for some reason went after i seen that you posted.

batman46st
11-13-2001, 10:48 PM
sorry im not the sharpes knife yaaaaaaaaaa know wat i mean..... anyways xbox is the ish...:confused:

JeremyX
11-13-2001, 10:53 PM
Yes it is Brute Force. Microsoft's next big game. Here is another pic.!!!
http://216.40.216.21/~sohus/games/bruteforce/9.jpg

Frostberg
11-13-2001, 10:55 PM
Looks GREAT! when is it coming out and whats it about?

Chaotic
11-13-2001, 10:57 PM
**** that is sweet, is that in game graphics?

Frostberg
11-13-2001, 10:58 PM
Jeez its about *amn time MS got into this business!

JeremyX
11-13-2001, 11:06 PM
Brute Force has been in development for some time now, but Microsoft didn’t want it to be unveiled before the European X01 event. Brute Force is a futuristic squad based tactical shooter. Brute Force looks a lot like Halo in many factors. Both games are tactical shooters in their purest form, based in futuristic enviroments and each of them showcases some of the best graphics that ever graced a console. The big difference however, is that Brute Force is a squad based shooter. This means that you won’t succeed if you operate on your own, you will need to work together to complete your missions. Here is yet another pic!!!
http://www.teamxbox.com/images/games/ss/25/image2692.jpg

tbird
11-13-2001, 11:57 PM
I took off this whole week ... We're almost there...

kiz10
11-14-2001, 03:00 AM
Peoples. in one word describe how good the Xbox is????

XBOX MSSC
11-14-2001, 07:50 AM
i'm gunna drink some beer and kmx then go outside the mall and wait.......30 mins later i'll be as hyper as a child with a bean burrito. then i'm gunna lock my self in my room :D

Chaotic
11-14-2001, 11:12 AM
I think the only word to explain how good the xbox really is, is not really a word but a blank stair on your face as your amazed by the incrediable graphics and gameplay.

So just the blank stair of AWE!!!!

xboxlover
11-14-2001, 01:16 PM
****** i wish i was american cause den i would have ma xbox by tommorow but instead i have to wait another 4 months, ah well good luck with ur gaming u americans.

Chaotic
11-14-2001, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by xboxlover
****** i wish i was american cause den i would have ma xbox by tommorow but instead i have to wait another 4 months, ah well good luck with ur gaming u americans.

Ouchy that really stinks man, why do you have someone buy you one here in America and ship one out to you????