PDA

View Full Version : Power Stone 3...

Halo_General
10-18-2002, 04:14 AM
I am a proud owner of the Dreamcast, and one... no make that two of the DC's best games were Power Stone and Power Stone 2. I for one hope (and pray) that Capcom makes a new Power Stone game for the Xbox with live play. For those of you who playd Power Stone 2, you'll remember the intense and always fun 4 player battle royales. Imagine those battles taking place online with full trash talking abilities. And yet for now it will remain but a dream... But I sure as hell hope that Capcom brings this franchise back in style on the Xbox. What do you guys (and gals) think?

Steve1987
10-18-2002, 08:57 AM
If they could keep the same style and amount of fun in the game, then yeah it would be cool.
Imagine what a 25 player match on a huge map would be like, and as the xbox has a harddrive and xbox live, it would be possible.:cool:

kachingtensor
10-18-2002, 09:05 AM
A good tweak to the camera and I'm all for it. ;)

RudedogX
10-18-2002, 09:15 AM
The addition of XBL would definetly make this game a must have (especially if they could keep the speed of the game)!

Mercury
10-18-2002, 09:36 AM
I know for a fact that having a fighting game online is a long ways away.

But as for a powerstone3, I'm sure if Capcom was smart they would make it. A lot of people, including myself, would snatch it up right away.

DIGITAL
10-18-2002, 12:52 PM
i allso enjoyed these games on dreamcast ,microsoft is coming out with a game just like it,the game kung fu chaos looks like the same type of game!

GokuX
10-18-2002, 02:37 PM
Greatly increased level size and 16 player combat would be nice.

EastCoastKilla
10-18-2002, 04:43 PM
I got my dreamcast in my room, so every once and a while i'll play it. It would be awesome on live!

Halo_General
10-23-2002, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by Mercury
I know for a fact that having a fighting game online is a long ways away.

But as for a powerstone3, I'm sure if Capcom was smart they would make it. A lot of people, including myself, would snatch it up right away.

What do you mean? Capcom is releasing Capcom vs SNK 2 EO for the Xbox and that has online play, as will Marvel vs Capcom 2. Online Fighting games are possible, and Power Stone would be the prefect online fighting game.....

I love Power Stone!!!

mmichael0
10-23-2002, 09:57 PM
Yes , it will be great on X-Box Live :)

Dre
10-24-2002, 12:01 AM
Never played it.. is it a 2d fighter?

Maybe if MS buys Capcom, your wishes will come true!

GokuX
10-24-2002, 12:13 AM
Originally posted by Dre
Never played it.. is it a 2d fighter?

It's a 3D fighting game with small arenas to fight in. You can grab objects like tables and stuff and use them against other people. It also has swords, machine guns, and rocket launchers among other things. You try to collect all the power stones as they appear so that your character will change into his/her super form. It's a really fun game when you have four people. Here's a screen from Power Stone 1

http://www.segaweb.com/News/0299/images3/03.gif

Here's one from Power Stone 2.

http://www.irishplayer.com/reviews/images/powerst1.jpg

Dre
10-24-2002, 12:18 AM
Originally posted by GokuX

It's a 3D fighting game with small arenas to fight in. You can grab objects like tables and stuff and use them against other people. It also has swords, machine guns, and rocket launchers among other things. You try to collect all the power stones as they appear so that your character will change into his/her super form. It's a really fun game when you have four people. Here's a screen from Power Stone 1

http://www.segaweb.com/News/0299/images3/03.gif

Here's one from Power Stone 2.

http://www.irishplayer.com/reviews/images/powerst1.jpg

this game would be pretty cool on live. Thanks for the info GokuX!

Ninja Scroll
10-24-2002, 09:35 AM
OMG!?!?!?!:confused: Power Stone fans! And I thought I was da only one!:o

I own both Power Stone 1 & 2. Part 2 was sooo awesome!
Everyone is always giving SMB:Melee all da props for party fighting game fun, but I ink PS is da better game,.. atleast Power Stone 2 I mean.

I had a 3 player party and we were having a ball!!!
I hope Capcom gives da series another chance. It's most definently made da Dreamcast proud.

As for da SNK vs. Capcom on XBOX LIVE. I have heard of it, but if it's true I will get it, but if it's not XBL I wont even bother.

RudedogX
10-24-2002, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by Ninja Scroll
OMG!?!?!?!:confused: Power Stone fans! And I thought I was da only one!:o

I own both Power Stone 1 & 2. Part 2 was sooo awesome!
Everyone is always giving SMB:Melee all da props for party fighting game fun, but I ink PS is da better game,.. atleast Power Stone 2 I mean.

I had a 3 player party and we were having a ball!!!
I hope Capcom gives da series another chance. It's most definently made da Dreamcast proud.

As for da SNK vs. Capcom on XBOX LIVE. I have heard of it, but if it's true I will get it, but if it's not XBL I wont even bother.

Nah man, Power Stone is definetly a cult favorite for party game fighters:cool: As for SNK vs Capcom if it's not live not playin' it...I'm with you! I don't need another fighter that I'll only play when I have friends over;)

Halo_General
10-24-2002, 12:43 PM
Plus I don't know why Capcom is putting in the EO (Easy Operation) mode, that sounds lame. If you can't turn it off your gonna have a bunch of people picking that option when you play them on live. Press a direction on the right analog stick to do a power move?! The entire point of fighting games is mastering the moves! I don't know why they would ruin a great 2D fighter like that.

Unreal
10-24-2002, 04:08 PM
I own Power Stone 1 & 2 as well. I thought this thread was news on 3 being released for the Xbox :mad: :p

Halo_General
10-25-2002, 01:23 AM
I wish it were my friend... I wish it were :(

GokuX
10-25-2002, 02:07 AM
Originally posted by Halo_General
I wish it were my friend... I wish it were :(

:confused:?!?:confused:

Keltiks
10-25-2002, 03:58 PM
Powerstone 1 was great, I think 2 was heading in the wrong direction. But a Powerstone for xbox would definetly be cool.

Halo_General
10-25-2002, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by Keltiks
Powerstone 1 was great, I think 2 was heading in the wrong direction. But a Powerstone for xbox would definetly be cool.

How do you figure 2 was heading in the wrong direction. Capcom fixed many of Power Stone's flaws in Power Stone 2, for example:

- When your character powers up, no longer is he/she unstoppable, in Power Stone when one player got all 3 of the stones, all the other player could do is hide. In Power Stone 2, you could still fight a player even in his super form, which made the matches rely less on who got the power stones and more on actual skill.

- Bigger more accessabel levels, as opposed to the tiny levels from the original.

- A (slightly) greater array of moves.

- Hundreds more weapons.

- 4 player battles! How can 2 players be better than 4. Not only did Power Stone 2 have slightly improved graphics, but it still retained the originals speed despite the 4 player mahem.

Maybe that's just me but I thought Power Stone 2 was much better than 1.

Keltiks
10-26-2002, 03:18 AM
not as much fixing errors, but I thought the multiplayer maps were way too big and and too many things goin on.

Call me simple, but I preferred the smaller maps in Powerstone 1. They dealt more with fighting rather than running around a map.

WynnFire
10-26-2002, 05:11 PM
Ahhhh, I forgot about Power Stone. I loved those games. Power Stone 1 was the reason I had to buy a second Dreamcast. I had my Dreamcast at the foot of my bed and I was kicking butt and won the game and jumped off the bed and right onto my Dreamcast. I did whatever I could to bring it back from the dead but couldn't do it, so I bought another one. Because of this thread, I'm going to see if I can track down Power Stone 1 and 2.

PS 1 was good, 2 was better!