PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft losing money on the Xbox...

Zion
10-18-2002, 08:23 AM
...yeah, but so what?? They are in it for the long haul, they are making the Xbox for GAMERS. I for one, appreciate it.

All the Xbox 'Microsoft Haters' keep going on and on about how much money Microsoft is losing and how they will cease it in a heartbeat if they don't start making money on it. Let me tell you something people...Microsoft could care less if they make money or not on the Xbox. It's not about that. It's about the games.

That being said, Microsoft will show a PROFIT of over $32 BILLION!!! this year. 32 billion dollars is not chump change, people. The Xbox is going nowhere but straight up. In fact, Microsoft is making more money NOW than they ever have.

http://money.cnn.com/2002/10/17/technology/microsoft/index.htm

NOW what do the anti-Microsoft/Xbox haters have to say?

Xbox..whether you like it, or whether you don't, you gotta recognize because it's the best thing going today!! ($1 to Ric Flair)

Highlite23
10-18-2002, 08:59 AM
Well done Zion. MS has very deep pockets and they really want this division of the company to take off.

So as you said, MS is going to make 32 Billion, obviuoslly not on XBOX, but they ain't hurting for funds to keep XBOX going strong.

I still feel that this holiday season is going to be insane for XBOX, we'll just have to wait and see I guess.

smack119
10-18-2002, 10:56 AM
exactly. MS doesnt care if they are losing money right now. every console loses money to start. they make it up on games. MS can take a loss on xbox. even with the money they are losing they still come out with a $32 billion dollar profit. i mean damn they could give xboxs away free and still be turning a profit at the end of the year. their software sales will keep them going.

XBOX MSSC
10-18-2002, 11:21 AM
This is good news, thanks zion. Good info! :)

EHWfedPres
10-18-2002, 11:53 AM
I bet all the 7-14 year olds are emptying their piggie banks trying to back-up Nintendo right now...:D

Angell
10-18-2002, 12:27 PM
I bet all the 7-14 year olds are emptying their piggie banks trying to back-up Nintendo right now...

I read in the forums a while back that MS could buy Nintendo..... thats what we call some serious cash :eek:

l Maximus l
10-18-2002, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by Angell

I read in the forums a while back that MS could buy Nintendo..... thats what we call some serious cash :eek:

To give you an idea of how much Microsoft is worth...Microsoft could purchase the entire Sony Corporation (Not just PS2, but, the video electonics, audio electronics, phones, etc...I mean ALL of what Sony makes) over 7 times and still have a chunk of change left over.

The XBox is not even close to being extinct :D

MerimacHamwich
10-18-2002, 05:50 PM
Since when does a console company make profit on hardware anyway? It is in the software they make the moolah.