PDA

View Full Version : TimeSplitters2 vs HALO

RealPower
10-18-2002, 01:35 PM
I am about ½ way thru the story, and have done about 20 or more of the arcades and challenges and I think that TimeSplitters2 is a good, new, interesting game. But, it’s no HALO, and shouldn’t have been referred to by XBOX Magazine as “First HALO, than this” ... NO. Not in the same breath.

I find the boards (I’m thru 5 of the 10) to be fairly easy, small in space (one of my biggest disappointments), and not too thought provoking or challenging.

The boards are considerably smaller than HALO … a few streets, a few buildings, a few tunnels. HALO, on the other hand, has rivers, waterfalls, mountains, beaches, ships interiors, buildings, tunnels, mazes, tanks, planes, … the whole 9 yards.

HALO is bigger, prettier, scarier, more innovative and has a better story. I also think the concepts used in halo, the space monsters, the vehicles that you can drive, the GREAT cut scenes, the MAW, the Flood, the outstanding "5 star" immersive soundtrack ... and countless other things make HALO a hell of a lot better game than TS2.

If HALO didn’t exist, I’d be a lot more impressed by TS2, so I guess I am a bit spoiled.

All in all, I would give TS2 a 7 out of 10 rating. HALO is an 11/10.

As you Gen-X’ers would say … HALO RULES!

Looking forward to HALO2, and HALO Live.

Master Chief.

RudedogX
10-18-2002, 01:37 PM
Thanks man!:)

At least now I know for sure that I'll pass this one up!

Uchiha Sasuke
10-18-2002, 03:59 PM
Realpower halo is a good game but TS2 is the funner one.Halo theres one shot through one story mode and a multiplayer.TS2 is filled with modes to keep you playing and playing.There are so many things to unlock in TS2 its mind boggling.Multiplayer halo doesnt hold a candle either.There are more than 10 different modes in TS and each is customizable to pretty much anything you like.Yes halo is the better looking game and has a better story but the overall package it doesnt really stand up.TS2 has way way more replay value and if you havent tried it yet for those who havent you should,its a great game.

l Maximus l
10-18-2002, 05:26 PM
Here's my 2 cents in regards to Time Splitters 2... If you liked the original Goldeneye on the N64, then, you'll definately like this game. And, yes, you are absolutely correct, it's no Halo...neither is Goldeneye. Halo pretty much took FPSs to an entire new benchmark...Time Splitters 2 remained at the old benchmark, however, this isn't an entirely bad thing for Goldeneye fans.

Personally, I'm passing up Time Splitters 2 and furthering my FPS needs with Unreal Championship :D

SPARTAN VI
10-18-2002, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by Maximus-XBA
Here's my 2 cents in regards to Time Splitters 2... If you liked the original Goldeneye on the N64, then, you'll definately like this game. And, yes, you are absolutely correct, it's no Halo...neither is Goldeneye. Halo pretty much took FPSs to an entire new benchmark...Time Splitters 2 remained at the old benchmark, however, this isn't an entirely bad thing for Goldeneye fans.

Personally, I'm passing up Time Splitters 2 and furthering my FPS needs with Unreal Championship :D

Same here, I guess someday I will rent TS 2, but UC ties for the TOP of my list with Ghost Recon and MechAssault. TS 2 will be left in the dust...:D

l Maximus l
10-18-2002, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by SPARTAN VI

Same here, I guess someday I will rent TS 2, but UC ties for the TOP of my list with Ghost Recon and MechAssault. TS 2 will be left in the dust...:D

I hear ya, man...but, I'm curious...As of right now, MechAssault just doesn't quite tickle my pickle for some reason. I'm going to rent this one before I buy. All I want right off the bat is UC so I can build up my character and gain the skills needed to kick some serious cyber ass :D

SPARTAN VI
10-18-2002, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by Maximus-XBA

I hear ya, man...but, I'm curious...As of right now, MechAssault just doesn't quite tickle my pickle for some reason. I'm going to rent this one before I buy. All I want right off the bat is UC so I can build up my character and gain the skills needed to kick some serious cyber ass :D

MechAssualt didn't get my attention either, but since I have played all the MechWarriors up to 2 : Mercinaries, I thought the fast paced action mixed with XBOX would really add more.

Just think of it, you blow the legs of your best friend to let him flutter helplessly around on the floor, then you use your jump jets and land on him for a final, satisfying kill... of course you'll damage your legs, but it is a really cool way to finish a "mechassault".:D

public EnEmy406
10-18-2002, 08:00 PM
well we have any kind of halo that we can play on live

TegSkywalker
10-19-2002, 01:01 AM
Originally posted by rudedogX
Thanks man!:)

At least now I know for sure that I'll pass this one up!

No no! The game is still really good and a blast to play multiplayer. Think of it as a suppliment to Halo, not a competitor.

SPARTAN VI
10-19-2002, 01:05 AM
Originally posted by TegSkywalker

No no! The game is still really good and a blast to play multiplayer. Think of it as a suppliment to Halo, not a competitor.

OK, play it then forget it. XBOX LIVE is around the corner!

SPARTAN VI
10-19-2002, 01:10 AM
Originally posted by TegSkywalker

OK, play it then forget it. XBOX LIVE is around the corner!

AmpedRider
10-19-2002, 08:46 AM
ima pass it up for ghost recon or unreal

SPARTAN VI
10-19-2002, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by Monky
ima pass it up for ghost recon or unreal

Hehe. I am going for both!

Sorry, about the double post, my computer bugged out while posting, so I pressed BACK and clicked frantically, then just went to bed...

Dub
10-19-2002, 12:47 PM
Does Timesplitters have a seperate multiplayer battle mode like Halo and Goldeneye for the N64 or is it just multiplayer missions.

XBOX Dude
10-19-2002, 01:54 PM
HALO IS THE WINNER HERE. DON'T GET ME WRONG TS2 IS A GOOD GAME BUT AFTER PLAYING HALO IT'S JUST DOESN'T SEEM ALL THAT GREAT. HALO MULTIPLAYER WHICH IS A MUST FOR GOOD SHOOTER BEATS TS2 HANDS DOWN . PLUS THEIR'S THE GRAPHICS ISSUE WHICH DOESN'T REALLY BOTHER ME BUT I'D RATHER HAVE SOMETHING LOOK MORE REAL THEN TOONY IN A SHOOTER GAME BUT THAT'S JUST ME.

SPARTAN VI
10-19-2002, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by XBOX Dude
HALO IS THE WINNER HERE. DON'T GET ME WRONG TS2 IS A GOOD GAME BUT AFTER PLAYING HALO IT'S JUST DOESN'T SEEM ALL THAT GREAT. HALO MULTIPLAYER WHICH IS A MUST FOR GOOD SHOOTER BEATS TS2 HANDS DOWN . PLUS THEIR'S THE GRAPHICS ISSUE WHICH DOESN'T REALLY BOTHER ME BUT I'D RATHER HAVE SOMETHING LOOK MORE REAL THEN TOONY IN A SHOOTER GAME BUT THAT'S JUST ME.

Trust me.... its NOT JUST YOU! HALO is the BEST, case closed, no arguments, no hate mail, play it (again), then you'll realize!

EHWfedPres
10-19-2002, 02:09 PM
Halo is the best multiplayer first person shooter, but if you have less than 4 people playing, it gets boring pretty quick. And the single player was pretty bad as well. The big fight sequences were the only good parts. Running back and fourth, sometimes going back to a place you were already at, that just boring.

But Halo is NOT the best Xbox game...I think Morrowind is.