PDA

View Full Version : I know I'm lowering myslef to the level of a 'newbie' but...

evil xbox king
10-18-2002, 07:41 PM
I am desperate as to which game to get first, as the games outweigh the wallet at the moment. I need to know which 2 or 3 to get first. Here are your choices-

Morrowind
The Thing
Madden NFL 2003
Blinx: The Timesweeper
Deathrow
AFL Live 2003
FILA World Tour Tennis
NHL 2003

Just to clear afew things up- There is a rental place nearby, but it doesn't have Xbox games :(

I have played The Thing and Fila Tennis.

I can't get NFL 2k3, nor NHL 2k3

XBL isn't out for atleast a couple of months in Australia so don't make your decisions based on online play.

So far I'm thinking of getting Blinx, The Thing and Madden NFL 2003, but I want to know if I am making the right choice.

mmattai
10-18-2002, 08:04 PM
I would say Morrowind mos def. But this is the kind of game that you really love, or really hate. And sometimes it will cause you to feel both emotions towards it at the same time.

Sports are a definite personal preference. I know I loved my NHL 2002 last year, but I haven't tried this year's version.

Besides them, Deathrow is looking good. I don't think it's out here yet. I'm still waiting to see what all the Tennis games are going to be this year before I decide. I loved Virtue Tennis for DreamCast:D

MerimacHamwich
10-18-2002, 08:09 PM
I am going to say Deathrow. I am getting it. It should have some awesome multiplayer and a pretty fun "career" mode. With real sports games they pretty much only last you a year. So I say go with a game like Deathrow.

evil xbox king
10-19-2002, 02:29 AM
I'll definately put Deathrow in now, maybe a sports game, and something else.

EDIT:(spoilers- The Thing) While playing The Thing at a friends place, I was up to the part where I had to get the blood test for Peirce, and when I blood tested one of my buddies he exploded into a thing. It scared the hell out of me! NOTE: Your buddies won't always turn into things at that stage of the game.

I think I'll make the third one The Thing, I always love a good fright once in awhile, but still keep telling me if you think I've make the wrong decision:)

Duke
10-19-2002, 09:42 AM
As far as deathrow goes, I would probably wait for a couple member reviews. Merrimac's right about having to update reals sport games all the time, but this is completely new.

It's getting a fair amount of hype, but so did Blinx and that, from what I hear, is not doing nearly as well as expected. Although some do seem to truely like the game.

Duke
10-19-2002, 09:44 AM
Well seconds after reading this, I just saw a ton of scores for it from sources that aren't usually too pro-xbox. Deathrow looks pretty good. I'll still rent it first, but sooner now rather than later.

Stride
10-19-2002, 07:40 PM
Ok so Morrowind is already available in stores and you're still at home behind your pc wondering what game you should buy :confused:

EHWfedPres
10-19-2002, 07:44 PM
Deathrow...Morrowind...and what the hell, get either Deathrow or Morrowind again, cause Morrowind is the best single player Xbox game out, and deathrow will hopefully kick some serious áss.

Or if you just want to have straight-up fun, get NHL Hitz. :)

evil xbox king
10-19-2002, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by Stride
Ok so Morrowind is already available in stores and you're still at home behind your pc wondering what game you should buy :confused:
I have a really old PC, and Morrowind isn't out in Australia yet for xbox