PDA

View Full Version : Splinter Cell is a Xbox Exclusive No PS2 or GC

Slacker
10-18-2002, 09:50 PM
Okay this is from Xboxgamers.com Rumor news this is the snip form that site,

UbiSoft Makes It Exclusive

This year, developers such as UbiSoft and Konami have changed the meaning of exclusive. Their dictionary states that any game that comes out first on a system and all the other consoles 3 months later means that the first console has the game as an exclusive. Of coarse, that’s not the true meaning of exclusive but it seems that UbiSoft may be changing its mind with the PS2 and GC versions of Splinter Cell. It seems that Mr Fisher will be sneaking onto Xbox, and become a console exclusive for our beloved box! Good news all around then! J

So I don't know if UBI soft will change thier mind I doubt it since The devolopers Said "Why" a PS2 version

SPARTAN VI
10-18-2002, 10:45 PM
Ok, I never really got how in the hell they would get Splinter Cell on the other systems, they'd have to turn off all the SFX, which includes the insane lighting! Too bad for them, the future has come, and the future is XBOX.:cool:

Variation-XBA
10-19-2002, 12:58 AM
That better not be real:mad:

PROUDXBOXOWNER
10-19-2002, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by Slacker
Okay this is from Xboxgamers.com Rumor news this is the snip form that site,

UbiSoft Makes It Exclusive

This year, developers such as UbiSoft and Konami have changed the meaning of exclusive. Their dictionary states that any game that comes out first on a system and all the other consoles 3 months later means that the first console has the game as an exclusive. Of coarse, that’s not the true meaning of exclusive but it seems that UbiSoft may be changing its mind with the PS2 and GC versions of Splinter Cell. It seems that Mr Fisher will be sneaking onto Xbox, and become a console exclusive for our beloved box! Good news all around then! J

So I don't know if UBI soft will change thier mind I doubt it since The devolopers Said "Why" a PS2 version
i hope so but it seems highly unlikely that it would truly be an xbox exclusive i mean think abt it xbox has a installed base of less than 7 million on the other hand ps2 has 30 million so if i developed a game like sc i would definetely port it to both the other systems.this is not necessarily a bad thing for xbox because when gamers will see the difference between the ps2 graphics and sound and xbox's graphics and sounds a lot of people will get a xbox.

rio2012
10-19-2002, 07:45 PM
WOW Xbox is going to BREAK the BANK with this one!!!!!!

EHWfedPres
10-19-2002, 07:47 PM
If they are smart, they would make it exclusive...but i heard it was only time-exclusive, but that was a while ago...now I hear there might be a pc version, wtf? Cant people get their facts straight?

dougi3000
10-19-2002, 08:36 PM
the pc version is suppose to come out a week after the Xbox version.. so .. people still wont buy xbox, since they will get it on PC!

Shadow20002
10-19-2002, 08:38 PM
Splinter Cell is not exclusive to Xbox. You can check the main website of the game http://www.splintercell.com for the proof. It's going to Xbox first then PC. If you want to get sure about this title will never be multi-plaform, when you buy the game, make sure to check the logo "Only On Xbox". In that way, 100% it's sure.

Demon-X
10-19-2002, 11:21 PM
PC isn't considered a console. So going by that news bit, it is exclusive for the Xbox.

dougi3000
10-20-2002, 12:02 AM
Originally posted by Demon-X
PC isn't considered a console. So going by that news bit, it is exclusive for the Xbox.

oh come on now. Does it really matter if PC was a console or not???
It is still on another gaming system! you can play the exact same game elsewhere other than Xbox. Therefore it is NOT exclusive (or xbox only).

saying "exclusive" as meaning "console exclusive" is just misreading the word.

Variation-XBA
10-20-2002, 12:22 AM
Hrm....gunna have to rethink this now... =\ Its on PC only 1 week after?:confused:

Demon-X
10-20-2002, 01:23 AM
Originally posted by dougi3000

oh come on now. Does it really matter if PC was a console or not???
It is still on another gaming system! you can play the exact same game elsewhere other than Xbox. Therefore it is NOT exclusive (or xbox only).

saying "exclusive" as meaning "console exclusive" is just misreading the word.

huh? Seriously, you do know there are more casual gamers out there then there are hardcore gamers? The casual gamer isn't going to be looking to buy or upgrade their PC to get the game running correct. When companies talk exclusive, they talk console exclusive not PC. If that's the case, PS2 basically has very little exclusives. FFXI, GTA3, GTA VC, FFX, are all on the PC or on their way there.

Most gamers what comfort, sitting on a couch with a big screen TV, not having to move their PC close to their TV so they can run the video out through a TV.

In the videogame market, PC is not included in the console definition. Compare GTA 3 sales on the PS2 to the PC sales. Not even close.

dougi3000
10-20-2002, 01:52 AM
because of the time difference. People dont want to wait 6 months for the game. Same with Final Fantasy and Metal Gear, etc.. it is out on PS2 first, and people will get it instead of waiting 6 months to a year (When the game gets old).

but Splinter cell PC comes out ONE WEEK after the xbox version. I am sure people will just get the PC version a week after. If the PC version comes out 6 month after the xbox version, great, it will sell xboxes to the people that cannot wait. But even the most impatient person will wait a week.

FuNkY mOnK
10-20-2002, 07:28 AM
Check out XBN and Oxm on the advertising pages of splinter cell, it says pc and xbox, no ps2 or gamecube. This game has to stay on xbox as far as consoles go if microsoft wants to start with the effective jab.

Demon-X
10-20-2002, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by dougi3000
because of the time difference. People dont want to wait 6 months for the game. Same with Final Fantasy and Metal Gear, etc.. it is out on PS2 first, and people will get it instead of waiting 6 months to a year (When the game gets old).

but Splinter cell PC comes out ONE WEEK after the xbox version. I am sure people will just get the PC version a week after. If the PC version comes out 6 month after the xbox version, great, it will sell xboxes to the people that cannot wait. But even the most impatient person will wait a week.

Xbox version you can download extra content, PC version you can't. That feature alone would probably sell it more cause it will keep the replay value very high. PC version doesn't always mean it's better.

Case in point, Morrowind. It's better on the Xbox then it is on the PC.