PDA

View Full Version : just got morrowind...got any tips?

theindian
10-19-2002, 12:47 AM
hi all....just got morrowind and im a little overwhelmed....i think the game maybe a bit much for me...was wondering if any one had any good tips...things you wish you had know when you started....any ideas as to a good character to play as? i know some of you will say thats what this game is all about ....deciding who you wanna be and how you wanna play but any help would be great...dont wanna kill everybody but dont wanna just walk around collecting plants for potions either......is anyone still even playing it? did anyone actually follow the plot or is everyone just killing everyone and storing all there loot in some stolen house? i tend to like a little faster paced game so if anyone has ideas how to get into this game a little quicker i would be much obliged!
thanks all
tempted to trade this in for transworld snowboarding...hows that for opposite game styles! hehe

SPARTAN VI
10-19-2002, 12:54 AM
LOVE THE GAME WIT HALL YOUR HEART!!!!!! It is really FUN!
1) Have acrobatics as a minor skill, you'll level up faster because you'll be jumping around...

2)Eventually, you'll be strong enough to kill the Ordinators (the guys in the cool Indoril armor) kill enough of them, you'll have strong armor, and loads of money when you sell it to....

3)The Scamp in Caldera, he has 5k, there is also some ric MudCrab somewhere, but I don't care, I beat the game

4)Dont mess with marksmanship or enchanting, unless your enchantment is at 70, it will be extremely difficult to successfully enchant stuff, trust me, you'll find urseld reloading over and over just to enchant a freagin Deadric Sword to have 60 shock or something. Just get rich and pay for enchanting, saves time...LIFE IS TOO SHORT.

5)JOIN ALL THE GUILDS to get the best prices!

6) UMMMMM HAVE FUN!:D

sectioneight
10-19-2002, 01:46 AM
tips?

1) dump your girlfriend

2) quit your job

3) caffine pills

4) *strong* soap

You'll need the time when your finally throguh we a good sitting of morrowind you'll need some strong soap to get the odor off sicne its very easy to go days playing with no rest

=)

theindian
10-19-2002, 02:42 AM
hehe...nice tips so far...i think i started an archer...havent gone to far...got stuck on the bottom of some old ship....guess ya got to save alot eh? whats the best way to level up? i can barely kill a mudcrab!
thanks

Arven
10-19-2002, 08:28 AM
If you want to get into the game more quickly, I'd recommend starting over as someone good at melee fighting, not an archer. I'd say go with someone who has a major skill in longsword, get your levels of Strength and Endurance up as high as you can, and then go out and start a) stealing stuff so you can afford a good sword, and b) hacking up the little beasties so you can get your skills up to a decent level. If you have the spare change, the strategy guide (Morrowind Prophecies) is a good buy at $30 -- it'll make your Morrowind experience much less frustrating.

And like the man said, soap. Strong soap.

:D

AmpedRider
10-19-2002, 08:44 AM
some energy bars uh.... and lotsa mountain dews and again STRONG ASS SOAP

Comic Book Guy
10-19-2002, 09:18 AM
Use the Wood Elf and be a thief. Go do some jobs for the thievs guild to make a little cash and level a few times. Then go to Vivec and raid the vaults and make even more money and then go get some training in your prefered skill.

Duke
10-19-2002, 09:23 AM
if you want to speed things up, get a bow and a ton of arrows.

take the guild guide to vivec, jump behind one of the planters and murder an ordinator. (early in the game it will take a whole ton of arrows)

take the ordinator armor through guild guide to caldera, go to ghorak manor and sell the loot to creeper.

use the money to level up.

rinse and repeat.

will take a little while, but it is the fastest way to build your skills.

Jarvis
10-19-2002, 10:56 AM
check the rpg forum for my thread called "Best items in the game thread. Obviously large spoilers! (Morrowind)"

it's huge and pretty much complete. once you start running out of things to do (in at least 100 hours), you'll find getting all the big items in the game is fun.

another tip: don't even try to enchant your own constant effect stuff without HUGE intelligence, at least 700.

-jarvis

SPARTAN VI
10-19-2002, 12:46 PM
DONT USE THE GIVEN CLASSES! The skills that they give your are not all A MUST HAVE. I strongly recommend NOT being a thief period. You can steal things a whole lot easier just by turning on Chameleon and telekinesis (about 50 feet) and just snatching things from ACROSS the room. Being a mixture of Warrior and Mage is the best. Shooting Greater Fireballs or just a Super Mega Ultra Fireball spel that you have created is a whole lot better and satisfying than shooting little arrows and bolts. Esp since the fireballs can do splash damage.

EHWfedPres
10-19-2002, 12:53 PM
Tip 1 - Post this is the proper forum. No game discussion here...but since Morrowind is the best single player game on any console, i'll be glad to point you in the direction of my Morrowind guide...

http://biohazardehw.250free.com/morrowind.html

SPARTAN VI
10-19-2002, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by EHWfedPres
Tip 1 - Post this is the proper forum. No game discussion here...but since Morrowind is the best single player game on any console, i'll be glad to point you in the direction of my Morrowind guide...

http://biohazardehw.250free.com/morrowind.html

HAHA, don't think you can stop that, people post game threads all over here, the XBA Moderators move them around SOMETIMES!

EHWfedPres
10-19-2002, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by SPARTAN VI

HAHA, don't think you can stop that, people post game threads all over here, the XBA Moderators move them around SOMETIMES!

Yeah, im so pleased to see that the rules are strictly enforced around here...

theindian
10-19-2002, 02:45 PM
thanks again for the tips...even if i dont understand half of what you said....and sorry i posted in the wrong spot...i didnt think it would be a problem here.