PDA

View Full Version : The Ultimate Timespliters 2 Review

Infinite
10-19-2002, 01:21 AM
First off I play many games because I work at gamestop and "rent out" games all the time. So Ive played about every game on xbox and consider myself a good reviewer:) Ive wanted this game for a while but you guys brang my hopes down and I wasn't expecting as much, thankfully I was wrong!!

THE ULITIMATE REVIEW

#1 THE STORY
starting up the game you are introduced to a video clip in story mode. It shows two of the timespliters (if there called that) trying to stop these monsters in the begging because they have been destroying the world. but right before they kill all the monsters they shatter the crystal into 10 pieces and throw them into a warp.

I thought it was a great clip and really got me into the mood of the game.

9/10

#2 GAMEPLAY
Controls are not as tight as they could be (halo) but they are still justifiable. after 2 hours of play they became second nature. people need to stop complaining. Not every game can be a halo. this game is still a high caliber game. the enemys through story mode are decent on normal but on hard they dodge duck etc....
they have pretty decent AI. just as good as red faction.
NOW WHAT SHINESSSSSS IS THE INCREDIBLE ARCADE MODE!! It plays so much like UNREAL! yes I said it,plays like unreal. It is fast, the weapons are incredible and the quick decesions have to be made.
try playing with 10 enemys running aroud trying to attack you.

story 8.6/10
Arcade 9.5/10

#3 THE WEAPONS

Let me be the first to tell you this game has the most incredible weapons and surpasses halo. It is up there with unreal.
there are classics like lugers and shotguns. then theres like 4 different missle launchers. guns that shoot lasers that bounce off walls, guns that can charge up. if your looking for it....it has it
10/10

#4 Graphics
so they dont have the most incredible bump mapping or the best textures created.......Does that stop a game from being good when the graphics are still above decent? It doesnt make you saw "WOW" but it wont make you say "wtf?!" Im past the graphics cause they dont look horrible and the animations are incredible!
8.3/10

#5 MAP MAKER
imagine a great map maker now imagine being able to change the lights in rooms, adding guns, health packs different tiles different shapes, 5 levels!, dozens of bots and a option for begginer or advance!
and when i saw an option for begginer an advance you will be thankful. you will easily have to master the begginer b4 you even touch advance. the advance gives you many options! anything you could posibly thing off! not joking! I spent 3 hours messing with it and still havent touch all the options!
10/10

#6 MULTIPLAYER
OH MY FREEKIN LORD!!!!! play this game with 2 xbox's and 8 controllers like I did and you will collapse of excitment. the ability to create levels expands this even more. kills any other multiplayer game to come out. at the same level as unreal easily!

10/10

OVERALL thoughts

If you expect a cinematic game with absolute graphics get halo.
If you want a game that is barely a step below with better multiplayer and better options get timesplitters. you wont regret it.
OVERALL SCORE

9.3/10

Great Gamer
10-19-2002, 06:59 AM
Is this game out yet? When does it come out in Canada? Ii loved the demoo. It reminded me so much of Goldeneye and Perfect Dark!:p

AmpedRider
10-19-2002, 08:45 AM
great..... might wanna fix beggin to begining

Infinite
10-19-2002, 05:37 PM
lol

It was 2am when I wrote this. I was really tired

EHWfedPres
10-19-2002, 05:49 PM
Y2J2K1, whats up man? :)

You forgot the most important thing...controls. What are they like and how can you change them? (inverted sucks, unless your playing a flight sim with a joystick)

shrew king
10-19-2002, 07:28 PM
i really like the thought of creating multiplayer levels, im gonna definitely rent this, if it is anything like Goldeneye, then i will have it as soon as i get some money.

EHWfedPres
10-19-2002, 07:31 PM
If its anything like Goldeneye, its not even getting a cent from my wallet.

The Informer
10-20-2002, 12:49 AM
Originally posted by EHWfedPres

Why? :eek:

unit01
10-20-2002, 09:04 AM
This game is great, and you can turn the invert on or off, hell you can setup the controls anyway you like. Me and my friends played it online with a Halo control setup and had a blast, it also plays really fast with no lag for us.

gula
10-20-2002, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by Infinite
First off I play many games because I work at gamestop and "rent out" games all the time. So Ive played about every game on xbox and consider myself a good reviewer:) Ive wanted this game for a while but you guys brang my hopes down and I wasn't expecting as much, thankfully I was wrong!!

THE ULITIMATE REVIEW

#1 THE STORY
starting up the game you are introduced to a video clip in story mode. It shows two of the timespliters (if there called that) trying to stop these monsters in the begging because they have been destroying the world. but right before they kill all the monsters they shatter the crystal into 10 pieces and throw them into a warp.

I thought it was a great clip and really got me into the mood of the game.

9/10

#2 GAMEPLAY
Controls are not as tight as they could be (halo) but they are still justifiable. after 2 hours of play they became second nature. people need to stop complaining. Not every game can be a halo. this game is still a high caliber game. the enemys through story mode are decent on normal but on hard they dodge duck etc....
they have pretty decent AI. just as good as red faction.
NOW WHAT SHINESSSSSS IS THE INCREDIBLE ARCADE MODE!! It plays so much like UNREAL! yes I said it,plays like unreal. It is fast, the weapons are incredible and the quick decesions have to be made.
try playing with 10 enemys running aroud trying to attack you.

story 8.6/10
Arcade 9.5/10

#3 THE WEAPONS

Let me be the first to tell you this game has the most incredible weapons and surpasses halo. It is up there with unreal.
there are classics like lugers and shotguns. then theres like 4 different missle launchers. guns that shoot lasers that bounce off walls, guns that can charge up. if your looking for it....it has it
10/10

#4 Graphics
so they dont have the most incredible bump mapping or the best textures created.......Does that stop a game from being good when the graphics are still above decent? It doesnt make you saw "WOW" but it wont make you say "wtf?!" Im past the graphics cause they dont look horrible and the animations are incredible!
8.3/10

#5 MAP MAKER
imagine a great map maker now imagine being able to change the lights in rooms, adding guns, health packs different tiles different shapes, 5 levels!, dozens of bots and a option for begginer or advance!
and when i saw an option for begginer an advance you will be thankful. you will easily have to master the begginer b4 you even touch advance. the advance gives you many options! anything you could posibly thing off! not joking! I spent 3 hours messing with it and still havent touch all the options!
10/10

#6 MULTIPLAYER
OH MY FREEKIN LORD!!!!! play this game with 2 xbox's and 8 controllers like I did and you will collapse of excitment. the ability to create levels expands this even more. kills any other multiplayer game to come out. at the same level as unreal easily!

10/10

OVERALL thoughts

If you expect a cinematic game with absolute graphics get halo.
If you want a game that is barely a step below with better multiplayer and better options get timesplitters. you wont regret it.
OVERALL SCORE

9.3/10

Hmm...this reminds me of the review this kid posted for WWF Raw. Anyone remember that? And all of the contraversy(sp)? With the "screens". Ehh, I will never be able to read one of this kids posts like this ever again. :rolleyes:

Tinny
10-21-2002, 05:54 AM

Oh, you better not get it man cause this is really big in the Golden Eye influences (the health bar for example)

OK the controls are like most people says: Weird. You will aim to the edge of the screen before you turn and look. There's two "looking" modes. Aim and Standard. Aim comes with a target thing and it's really sensitive. Standard doesn't come with a target and isn't as sensitive plus you can turn and look a bit more faster. You will usually take off the target for most of the game and use the Aim mode (Right Click - ala Zoom in Halo) when you are standing still.

Two points: No jump button and Preferences.

The lack of a jump button is really a bad thing in the game but you should be able to ignore it after you get use to it. The game also gives you Preferences (Inverted or No, Changing/Switching Weapons etc) but no Sensitivity changes.

And if anybody is going to ask this: No, it isn't better than Halo. The MP is better? Yes and No. Yes in a big way because pretty much everything about the MP is just damn great (The Monkeys!!!!) and No because Halo is still something else with 16 players on Blood with Vehicles in TDM or CTF. Heck, only a few Online FPSs on the PC is as good. But apart from that, TS kicks Halo's ass in the MP department. But lets not compare the two. Halo is epic and fun. TS is just great fun.

And to sum up: Monkeys. The one word to describe Time Splitters 2. Monkeys.

To all TS2 owners:
Custom Bots: All Monkeys on same team.
Custom Weapons: Dual Soviet AR.
Map: Make a map with a wide open space (4/5 big tiles) with a ramp leading to a second tier which should have a couple of turrets in places.
You: Pick a different team and Go! (I advise having a friend to help)

^ Think "Your dead in 4 seconds" and if you can survive for more than 3 and a half minutes I salute you. I've only survived 3 and a half minute and it was a pretty big map to run about in. Oh and no health placements!

Slacker
10-21-2002, 11:59 AM

BLASPHEMER!!! HERETIC!!!!! TRAITOR!!!! HOW dare you wreak bad will upon the GODS , I sentence you to eternal Hell you shall be put in a room with the music of Britney Spears, j-lo-Nysync, New Kids on the block,Winger,Stryper,Hanson,Spice Girls, The kids of Widney High(retards signing) and Aj from American Idol!!!!
all the while wearing a Pink tutu a saddle and a bullwhip up your Arse, while rosanne bar rides Side Saddle!!!......now take it back!!

Okay seriously though , your about the only person I have ever seen that didn't like goldeneye, why don't you like it, golden eye is the Sodom of gaming