PDA

View Full Version : Who do you think would make a great Second-Party developer?

Nat
10-19-2002, 11:07 AM
So who do think would make a great Second-Party for Xbox?

I think Rockstar should be the next purchase for Microsoft. It makes sense; The Xbox is marketed to older players, Rockstar makes games for older players, which are usually million-sellers, if not more, which is what Xbox needs. At the very least, I should think Microsoft would give a ton of money to Rockstar to develop an exclusive game.

Give your opinions and ideas, please!

Duke
10-19-2002, 12:04 PM
DukeBuckhornGames would make a fine addition to the MS family.

All parties interested should just throw down some checks in my paypal account.

Xbox Owner
10-19-2002, 12:07 PM
Yea, rockstar would be awesome.

Wait, if Microsoft bought RockStar, would GTA's still be PS2 exclusive?:confused: :eek:

Nat
10-19-2002, 02:07 PM
Wait, if Microsoft bought RockStar, would GTA's still be PS2 exclusive?

No, I don't think so. With all the rumors going around of Microsoft buying Capcom, the Resident Evil series would then automatically move over to Xbox because of copyright issues, ownership, etc. Microsoft wouldn't publish any game that wasn't on Xbox or PC made by their second-parties. The only thing is, if Microsoft bought Rockstar (which I realy think they should do:D ), Sony would probably try to put up a fight to keep GTA exclusive.

evil xbox king
10-19-2002, 10:29 PM
Ubi Soft or *gasp* SEGA!!!

dougi3000
10-20-2002, 12:05 AM
Sega, Nintendo, Ubisoft, EA, Squaresoft, Capcom or Namco.
Any or all would be fine.

Rockstar Games?? are you nuts? they only had ONE game idea that sells. And it is a pretty bad game when I played through it. ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Demon-X
10-20-2002, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by dougi3000
Sega, Nintendo, Ubisoft, EA, Squaresoft, Capcom or Namco.
Any or all would be fine.

Rockstar Games?? are you nuts? they only had ONE game idea that sells. And it is a pretty bad game when I played through it. ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I agree about Rockstar, the game is bad as it is already. Any of these companies would make a fine 2nd party addition: Sega, Capcom, Enix, Treasure, Camelot (Japan) and Game Arts.

DIGITAL
10-20-2002, 04:14 PM
lucas arts can you imagine maniac mansion on xbox live!

adzmullz1
10-20-2002, 04:28 PM
Microsoft should buy Activision and Sega . This way they could make AMAZING sports games . And , of course , other awesome games too......

Bundy
10-20-2002, 05:22 PM
how about sega and nintendo? :)

Laxeph
10-20-2002, 05:39 PM
I would say Sega. That way M$ could scrap their sports franchise. Sega also has great games like PSO or Gunvalkyri (if Improved).

Brutal Grace
10-20-2002, 08:44 PM
Please not Rockstar, not after what they did to BungieWest's Oni.

Maybe Phantagram ?

:cool:

MerimacHamwich
10-20-2002, 08:49 PM
UBISOFT!!!! Lucas Arts would be a great addition too.

Boo Rockstar, they suck complete anus! I cannot believe the companies some of you are saying. Nintendo? No thankyou, what good games have they put out recently? Sega? No way. Capcom? Give me a break. Namco? HA! Squaresoft? THe only decent games they have are Final Fantasy. Those are already wayyy overdone. They suck now. None of these companies put out very good games. When they do it is like once in a 2 year span. The rest are crap.

Koopa
10-20-2002, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by Demon-X

I agree about Rockstar, the game is bad as it is already. Any of these companies would make a fine 2nd party addition: Sega, Capcom, Enix, Treasure, Camelot (Japan) and Game Arts.

nintendo is too close to camelot, capcom, and i THINK treasure for them to be bought out...capcom and nintendo did that whole huge RE deal (don't know about how an MS buyout, if possible, would effect the deal), Camelot developed Mario Tenis on GBc and N64, Mario golf on gbc and n64, golden sun on GBA, and are making gamecube versions of all the above listed games.

treasure made a little known japanese game called Sin and Punishment for N64 that IGN really loved, and i think they're working on some stuff for Nintendo right now.

but then again, Rare, which was Nintendo's closest second party, is now Bill Gates's *****, so...whatever:D

Air X.N.
10-20-2002, 10:47 PM
Blizzard or Id. (like thats going to happen.)

evil xbox king
10-21-2002, 05:38 AM
Big Blue Box (or whatever that Peter Molyneaux games developer place is called) and Nintendo would also make great editions to Xbox.

Nintendo? No thankyou, what good games have they put out recently?

Gwa? How is it under that rock of yours?

Nat
10-21-2002, 02:11 PM
Blizzard or Id. (like thats going to happen.)

There is a VERY good chance of Blizzaed being bought up. The company who owns Blizzard, Vivendi, is looking to maybe sell of its games division (Blizzard, Sierra, Universal Games) to help pay for its huge dept. I think Microsoft was rumored to be investigating if the purchase of Vivendi Games was feasible.

Nat
10-21-2002, 02:15 PM
Man, most of you people despise Rockstar. I think you all are just ****ed that they cancelled GTA 3 (and if it was being developed, GTA: Vice City) for Xbox. I think it just makes perfect sense for Microsoft to buy Rockstar; they are aiming for the same demographic. In reality though, if Rockstar were to be bought, it would probably be by Sony, but after the buy-out of Rare, I guess anything is possible.

MerimacHamwich
10-21-2002, 03:21 PM
The reason I don't want Rockstar is becuase they suck. Seriously, evil xbox king, what was the last good nintendo game put out? I haven't enjoyed any.