PDA

View Full Version : Bmx Xxx

Duke
10-19-2002, 11:54 AM
Hey guys did a minimal search and didn't find this, sorry if it's old news to ya.[ Comment on This News Post ]

Not a single BMX XXX copy is to go Down under [Ure "Vader" Paul] 8:59am(GMT)
Initially reported by Gspot Australia, Acclaim Entertainment just announced that the distribution of their mature-themed title BMX XXX across Australia has been refused by OFLC (the Australian Office of Film and Literature Classification).

Yep, it's true. And it sucks big time. I'm thinkin' of all our Ausie mates (Dribble, Jack, and errr... the rest of the population down under), and knowing them, they'll probably be ****ed.

"We believe that there is a general, unfair characterization of the interactive entertainment industry and as a result, our product is being held to an entirely different standard than other entertainment media with comparable content, including movies, television and radio," said Greg Fischbach, Co-Chairman and CEO of Acclaim. "According to NPD's August report, more than 60 percent of all next-generation hardware owners are men over the age of 18, and this combined with the fact that last year's number one selling game was mature rated, fully supports our belief in the demand for this type of content."

"While we acknowledge that we are setting new benchmarks with BMX XXX(TM), we are disappointed that there are groups who fail to see how this humorous product is truly on par with such widely accepted mainstream entertainment experiences, including movies like American Pie, and TV shows like The Sopranos and Sex and the City," added Fischbach. "As a leading publisher, we fully believe that consumers should have a right to choose their entertainment, and with that right comes the importance of responsible consumerism."

I think BMX XXX is a gift. A gift to the foes of games with full nudity. Why not use this game? Long have we kept the masses clenched and suppressed with our censorship, by the blood of our... Oh nuts! It's a bad analogy. Just let it go Vadar.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

not really a title i care too much about, just found it interesting.

Xbox Owner
10-19-2002, 12:00 PM
Tips for austrailians:

Learn English ( unless you already know it..:confused: )
Go to the US
and buy BMX XXX

:)

Duke
10-19-2002, 12:03 PM
Except that Australia is a PAL country.

Correct me if I'm wrong. But I'm pretty positive they're not NTSC

dbatey
10-19-2002, 12:14 PM
English is the language.