PDA

View Full Version : *Official* XBox Sales NUMBERS... WOW!

wweomaniac
10-19-2002, 07:17 PM
I'm sorry if this was already posted but here they are:

GameCube hardware sales in September totaled nearly 168,000 units. Xbox sold 175,000 pieces. That brings life-to-date sales of GCN in the US up to 2.3 million versus 2.8 million Xbox sales. Sony's unstoppable giant PlayStation 2, meanwhile, crushed figures of both systems in September, selling an additional 500,000 pieces of hardware. More than 11.3 million PS2s have sold in America since the console launched.
so even though Mario sunshine comes out and no xbox games are in the top 10 best selling games of September, XBox sales still beat Gamecube sales... sad. Maybe just no one wants a gamecube. but think... with games like Super Monkey Ball and Animal Crossing... why wouldn't you want a gamecube? :)

I'm j/k. GCN is a solid system... but should do better marketing job. I know two of my friends got an xbox last week (/w JSRF and Sega GT 2002 deal).

you can read more about the article at http://cube.ign.com/articles/374/374850p1.html

EHWfedPres
10-19-2002, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by wweomaniac
with games like Super Monkey Ball and Animal Crossing... why wouldn't you want a gamecube? :)

With kiddie games like Super Monkey Ball, and childish games like Animal Crossing, why WOULD you want a Gamecube? I can already play Mario, Zelda, and Metroid on my Gameboy...if it wasnt broke and maybe if I knew there on earth it was...

AmpedRider
10-19-2002, 07:28 PM
dont diss da monkeyz lol

wweomaniac
10-19-2002, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by Monky
dont diss da monkeyz lol [*sarcasm again]I was just saying... u know... with games like Supermonkey Ball, nintendo should be attracting so many gamers of ALL age groups[/sarcasm]

rio2012
10-19-2002, 08:04 PM
Itsa me mario, why youa say my games are childish ia dont thinka i child would messa with a 500pound Koopa !!!!

P.S. On 10/19/2002 Mario was found dead in an ally with the
words XBOX WILL RULE THE WORLD painted in blood on the wall next to his body and an xbox logo branded on the left cheek of his ASS !!!

laughs
10-19-2002, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by wweomaniac
I'm sorry if this was already posted but here they are:

so even though Mario sunshine comes out and no xbox games are in the top 10 best selling games of September, XBox sales still beat Gamecube sales... sad. Maybe just no one wants a gamecube. but think... with games like Super Monkey Ball and Animal Crossing... why wouldn't you want a gamecube? :)

I'm j/k. GCN is a solid system... but should do better marketing job. I know two of my friends got an xbox last week (/w JSRF and Sega GT 2002 deal).

you can read more about the article at http://cube.ign.com/articles/374/374850p1.html

Thats all great but can you spell SONY with an "X"? Nope, I don't think so....whatever that meant(lol)

Infinite
10-19-2002, 11:34 PM
the controls are not at halos level but they are good

you have the 2 joysticks like halo and you can choose to have them inverted or not.

but aiming is harder. when you move to the leftand let go it kinda centers itself to the middle of the tv. but if you get good at aiming it is incredible. I can aim really good now.

but again its no halo controls:/
but its not as bad as james bond world is enough
lol

The Informer
10-20-2002, 12:47 AM
Originally posted by EHWfedPres

With kiddie games like Super Monkey Ball, and childish games like Animal Crossing, why WOULD you want a Gamecube? I can already play Mario, Zelda, and Metroid on my Gameboy...if it wasnt broke and maybe if I knew there on earth it was...

Have you played any of the games you mentioned?

laughs
10-20-2002, 07:22 AM
Originally posted by Infinite

you have the 2 joysticks like halo and you can choose to have them inverted or not.

but aiming is harder. when you move to the leftand let go it kinda centers itself to the middle of the tv. but if you get good at aiming it is incredible. I can aim really good now.

lol

Huh?

wweomaniac
10-20-2002, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by Infinite

lol you're in the wrong thread :)

robnyack
10-20-2002, 12:51 PM
we have a GC (on the bedroom TV, of course), and recently bought the new Starfox and Mario Sunshine. Starfox was finished in 6 days. 6 DAYS!! And trust me, we are not the type of people who you see online who fly thru games in record time. Starfox is just a VERY VERY short and simple game.

And it's so kiddish it makes you stomach turn. Same thing with Mario....but, Mario definately is a much longer game. Graphics are, surprisingly, not that good though.

Just read an article about GC on MSNBC saying they are changing direction a bit by starting to focus a bit more on games more suited for late teens and adults.