PDA

View Full Version : Jesus ... has anyone else seen this ?

shoulda2
11-13-2001, 11:11 PM
http://xbox.ign.com/news/39867.html

I know at the botttom is says platform non-specific but the p2 can't handle that and they usually only are releasing games for the x-box and p2. They even hinted at there site this would only be a x-box game...

All i can say is ****.

Jason1010
11-13-2001, 11:13 PM
there is NO way those cars are really from the game... NO WAY... even the xbox isnt THAT good...

Chaotic
11-13-2001, 11:20 PM
Yea those arent from the game , they are just pictures taken.

Thats almost impossiable for any current video game technology.

In order to render a car looking that good and with upto 60 fps with no glitches or z-buffer break ups, you would need one hell of a power system to pull that off and xbox cannont do this.

No current system can.

If this turns out to be what i looks like than i will be very amazed and wont know what to say.:rolleyes:

JeremyX
11-13-2001, 11:34 PM
If those are in game shots then Microsoft sold there sould to the devil and we are all in a lot of trouble!!!!

Jason1010
11-13-2001, 11:36 PM
lol so u r saying the devil now owns a international multi billion dollar monopoly??? AAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

JADE8704
11-13-2001, 11:36 PM
turns out they are the pics of the cars in the game....if you look closely at the 3rd picture, the muffler looks like it's hexagonal...that means that the car is rendered using polygons...also if you look close enough also in the third pic the car closest's hub-cap and tire look like they are "sided" meaning they're not smooth....WOW...behold the power of the box...*bows*

Jason1010
11-13-2001, 11:41 PM
nah... i still say no way... maybe an ign hoax :p lol... i know ign wouldn't do that but still... there is NO WAY... maybe in 3 more years but not now... no way....

JeremyX
11-13-2001, 11:43 PM
Jade, I don't know what the hell your talking about. lol

All I see are 2 real cars. I see no polygons or any hexagonal muffler. I swear I love my Xbox and I know that it is the most powerful consule to date but what we are looking at are PIXAR and ILM quality imagies. Untill I see an Xbox logo in the corner of the picture then maybe I'll try to belive that it is possible to make a game that looks that good.

shoulda2
11-13-2001, 11:44 PM
They are real game graphics welcome to the power of the x-box.

Jason1010
11-13-2001, 11:45 PM
maybe a cinematic sequence???

shoulda2
11-13-2001, 11:53 PM
they are in game pics, and atm it is only able to be released on the x-box. no link to a gc game with that title. And the x-box doe have the power to do the 13,000 polygon cars, and no it probably won't run at 60fps (if it does then yes bill gates is the devil) .
<p>
<p>
<center>http://users.aol.com/machcu/no-bill.gif</center>

Jason1010
11-13-2001, 11:54 PM
found the answer!

this is from an article that u can find at www.funxbox.com

"Graphically, the in-game Ford Focus RS WRC will be over 16 times more detailed than the model in Colin McRae Rally 2.0. The polygon count for the Focus model is up to a staggering 13,000, as compared to about 800 for the previous game.

"Working at this level means we'll be effectively giving players a real Focus to rally, making the gameplay intensely richer. We can fully detail the car's interior, its engine bays, and the chassis detail. We're also working on suspension, and a more realistic damage engine with opening and detachable panels, doors, tailgates, bonnets, bumpers, and windows."

i dont know if those are talking about the pics you saw at ign.com but apparently it is gonna be super detailed so maybe u crazy bastards are right. :eek:

JeremyX
11-14-2001, 12:10 AM
We all need God, now more then ever. lol

kiz10
11-14-2001, 02:49 AM
ps2 are trying to show that they are better than Xbox by taking real pictures of a car and saying that they are in-game. ps2 are full of sh*t.

Lochenvar
11-14-2001, 04:06 AM
They are real in-game models, but those pictures were rendered in 3D Studio Max. That's why it's got such nice lighting and soft shadows.

Twolf77
11-14-2001, 02:54 PM
will it is hard to belive but i do remember reading an interview with that head xbox guy scutt blacky or somthing (to lazy to look up his name) and he said the stuff we will see coming for the xbox is on F@$#ing beliveble ... so maybe this it what he was talking about