PDA

View Full Version : House of the Dead 3 reviewed on IGN

dougi3000
10-20-2002, 12:53 AM
weird.
I didnt even know a light gun existed.

I REALLY REALLY REALLY HOPE that the light gun does NOT make the screen FLASH. I HATE Flashing lighting gun games. They are horrible, they make people incredibly dizzy, and are so horrible on rapid fire and when 2 players go on rapid fire, that it seems like you will get seisures until you go blind from it.

I HATE Flashing lightgun games!!!!!!!!!

The super scope 6 for SNES didn't flash at all, and it was accurate to the dot. It was the perfect technology for light gun games. (the bazooka was kinda overdoing it though, but the technology was great).

robnyack
10-20-2002, 12:55 PM
um, you tell us the game is reviewed, and then you never say anything about the review.

ok.

maybe I should look for your thread about the gun for House of the Dead, and there you will talk about the review.

thatroger
10-20-2002, 01:23 PM
8.1 isn't thaaat bad moto

EHWfedPres
10-20-2002, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by Motoko
But it's not exactly the greatest scor either. :o

8.1 is better than 7.1 or 6.1 or 3.1, so theres no reason to complain...

Shorezy
10-20-2002, 02:09 PM
Let's just say 8.1 is probably not as good as we thought. It may be good, but its not THAT good.

AmpedRider
10-20-2002, 05:50 PM
exactly

Laxeph
10-20-2002, 06:01 PM
8.1 is better than 7.1 or 6.1 or 3.1, so theres no reason to complain..

It is not as good as a 9.1.

SiLvEr_ShAdOw_X
10-20-2002, 06:28 PM
How could you possibly expect a lightgun game to get over an 8.5? The gamesplay consists solely of shooting all monsters and/or powerups on screen.

Slacker
10-20-2002, 08:01 PM
8.1 Is a great score, for any game, some of you act like every game should be a 10 and some just like to b!t.ch, I bet when when Halo 2 gets a 10 you will complain,,,,,,

Reclaimer
10-20-2002, 08:32 PM
Basically I never trust a game review. The best thing I can do is rent the game first. It's just like movie reviews. The critics hate my favorite movies. Well, it's their opinion, and mine is different. I like HOTD but I wasn't to fond of the 2nd. In my mind how the light gun works will make or break the game. I havent even seen what the xbox gun will look like. But, I won't buy this game if I have to buy the gun and no other game uses it. I was so ****ed with my PS1 because I had a gun and Area 51. It also worked for Die Hard 2 which was sweet. But I had to get a different gun setup to work with Time Crisis. We'll see how this works. I wish someone would make a light gun that resembled an MP5, complete with recoil.

sectioneight
10-21-2002, 02:25 AM
For you Dougi

http://www.gel.ulaval.ca/~kretsch/index.swf

(sound on)

Tinny
10-21-2002, 05:34 AM
Can a IGN Insider please give us the review. I would like to read the review. Thanks.

I am really looking forward to this game. This is on the level of MvCII anticipation for me which is pretty high. I was certainly not expecting a 9.0+ score or even a 8.6+ score from any review. Having played HOTD in the arcades I can list many other shooters which can be considered better then HOTD but that doesn't stop me from enjoying the game. Basically I think 8.1 is a pretty good score for a game, even if I expected a 8.5 for HOTD. Still I will be grabbing this game just for the fun of it. I just hope it has a good lightgun... well if all else fails atleast you can use it with the controller.

robnyack
10-21-2002, 06:56 PM
<i>It got an 8.1

I knew this game would flop. </i>

lol...man, we have become a tough crowd. An 8.1 is now considered a flop???

good grief.