PDA

View Full Version : Please Help For The Sake Of Xbox Sound Quality!

fanofslipknotib
11-13-2001, 11:41 PM
I want to hook my Xbox up to my TV, and have the sound come out of my stereo speakers. So, I tested it with a PS1(not mine). I put the RF Adapter into the correct "in" slot in the back of the VCR. I put the "out" cord into the TV. I hooked up Audio cables from my VCR to my Stereo, in the proper slots. I put my stereo on AUX mode, and turned the VCR to Ch. 3, the same as the TV. I fired up the game, and it worked.....but the sound only came out of one speaker. I thought maybe a wire came out, but everything was in tact. I then thought I might have blown a speaker, but when I switched the Stereo from AUX to Tuner, both speakers worked. Is it normal for sound to come out of one speaker like this, or can anyone help me and tell me what I did wrong?

scarecrow kfj
11-14-2001, 09:54 AM
It could be one of your cables that were connected to ps1 were cracked or broke. did you switch the red and wite cables around?

CO1
11-14-2001, 10:36 AM
Forget the VCR for audio, jut connect the video. Actually if you can connect the video direct to the TV it would be even better. For audio just run direct from the PS1 to the stereo.