PDA

View Full Version : Transworld Snowboarding!

MerimacHamwich
10-20-2002, 05:03 PM
My brother is going to pick up Transworld Snowboarding right now. We will then have 3 snowboarding games. Amped, Winter Xgames Snowboarding 2002 and Transworld Snowboarding. I will let you know how it is in a couple of days.

EHWfedPres
10-20-2002, 05:23 PM
Bah, 1 snowboarding game is enough for me...:p

I dont see why the Xbox needs 35 football and basketball games, all from one company...:rolleyes: :confused:

MerimacHamwich
10-20-2002, 06:39 PM
Indeed! Every year! They should just have online upgrades from this point on. Stupid EA won't go online with xbox though.

MerimacHamwich
10-20-2002, 06:40 PM
So far I have to say TWS has AMAZING graphics but it slows down sometimes.:(

I have just played it somemore and the slowdown is happening less. Good gameplay. It has a ton of previews for videos. It is a pretty good game so far. No create a character though. Doesn't seem like a very deep single player either.

mmattai
10-21-2002, 06:11 AM
I still haven't decided to buy this game yet. I waited almost a year for it's release and all I read is mixed reviews. Guess I'll have to rent it tomorrow then. But keep posting your impressions, just in case I procrastinate and don't rent it :D And how about some comparisons to it against Amped, as I have played it, but not Winter Xgames.

MerimacHamwich
10-21-2002, 06:44 PM
Gameplay - This is definetly a pick up and play game for me. It controls the same as Amped. Except that y is grind. You can land pretty much anything as long as you aren't upside down. This is a plus for the casual gamer and non snowboarder. For us snowboarders it is a little cheezy but it does make it a little more fun to play. They have all of the terminology down in this game. Except they call grinding, rail. The challenges they give you are decent. The levels are laid out well with at least 1 "shortcut" in each level. There is also plenty of room to ride. None of this, "I am riding a snowboard down a tube" gameplay found in games like SSX. The animations are pretty good as well. The only thing I havent been able to do yet is Nose/Tail press or tail/nose slide. Not that big of a deal but it would be nice to have. I have had it for 2 days now and only have to levels left to unlock as Peter Line. However, it just got pretty challenging. All of the characters gear is from real life and from their sponsors companies. It is also all from this years line ups. The only thing I wish they would have implemented would be a create a character and "career" mode. It has single player in this but it is kind of like tony hawk. Just unlock levels and gear by doing certain things.

Graphics- They blow away most games ever released on xbox. Absolutely beautiful. There is shine on icy tracks left behind from previous riders when light goes over them. The rails actually look like circualr metallic tubes, not flat plastic strips. The boards are 3dimensional and reflect light as well. The players faces look real and move realistic. Everything about this game graphically Kicks Ass. I would say it is equal if not better to Enclave graphically. Makes Amped look sloppy in alot of respects. Heck, there is even plenty of wildlife in most outdoor levels.

Sound - Good use of 5.1. You can hear stuff go by you and everything is oriented correctly. Some of the sound effects are kinda cheezy but overall it is well done. Some decent music in there. However I am glad it uses the custom soundtrack feature. The only thing with that is you can only select one soundtrack to be played at a time. No shuffling between multiple soundtracks. Oh well. Just make a soundtrack with all of your songs in it.

Overall - I think anyone interested in any "extreme sports games" should definetly give this a go. There is tons of stuff on this disk. It even has preview videos to this years "important" snowboard videos. It also includes sponsor videos from companies such as Foursquare, Forum, Burton, Clive and DC plus many many more. As of now I would give it an 8/10.