PDA

View Full Version : Component 400x setup with Xbox!!!

Ggrrr
10-20-2002, 09:09 PM
:eek: OKOK i just bought a 400x component cable and i need to know what can i do to setup this baby properly....
I know they are some options in the XBOX where we can play with the video options
480p
740p i think and 1080i..what he heck is that i know nothing about that can someone help me to set this up pls

stang46
10-20-2002, 09:46 PM
Do you have an HDTV? If not the 480p/720p/1080i will do nothing for you, regardless if you have component cables or not....Now, if you do have an HDTV find out what signals your tv accepts. More than likely your TV takes 480p/1080i so enable those. Some HDTVs accept 720p as well so enable that only if your TV accepts it. Also be sure to enable widescreen if your tv is widescreen.

Ggrrr
10-20-2002, 09:50 PM
Pls tell me how can i find that to tell you everything they only say that my TV is a HDTV Zenith D24F45G.......
nothing about the signal

stang46
10-20-2002, 10:36 PM
Well I couldn't find that model number when searching through google so make sure you have the right model. Other than that enable 480p and 1080i and you should be fine. This is the standard resolutions most HDTVs support so you shouldn't have any problems whatsoever.

l Maximus l
10-21-2002, 01:52 PM
Hey Grrr... I have the Monster 400 series Component Video Cables with a 50" Toshiba Widescreen HDTV...

Hooking Component Video cables are very easy. The cables are color coded...just plug them into the associated inputs. If all else fails, each cable is marked to let you know where it goes, too.

On the back of your HDTV, you should see three video inputs with the color of Blue, Green, and Red. Ignore the yellow and the black S-Video input as you won't need them.

As for your audio, you'll likely have a red and white input (sometimes the inputs are black instead of white for the left audio).

If you are running a 5.1 Dolby Digital Surround Sound system...then, that will be another lengthy explanation...let me know if you need help with that.