PyR0
10-20-2002, 11:20 PM
Bloodwake for sure.

EHWfedPres
10-20-2002, 11:24 PM
this is a no contest...MORROWIND!

shrew king
10-20-2002, 11:26 PM
i voted for blood wake, but id have to say quantum redshift does excelent with the splash effect that leaves drops of water on your screen and the water looks amazing.

EHWfedPres
10-20-2002, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by shrew king
quantum redshift does excelent with the splash effect that leaves drops of water on your screen and the water looks amazing.

Yeah, i have to agree with you on that, i was playing the game at best buy and got distracted cause of the water, but it does look amazing. I might actually get that game when the price drops (too many other amazing titles on the way!)

shrew king
10-20-2002, 11:41 PM
Originally posted by EHWfedPres

Yeah, i have to agree with you on that, i was playing the game at best buy and got distracted cause of the water, but it does look amazing. I might actually get that game when the price drops (too many other amazing titles on the way!)

ya know, i really want that game but since ill probably only buy one racing game the entire time i own an xbox i want it to be an xbox live game, it'd be cool to see a download or something that lets you play quantum live.

MerimacHamwich
10-21-2002, 12:11 AM
I think it is a tie between Lord Of The Rings Fellowship of the ring and Morrowind. I have seen Morrowind water more often and in more detail though so I voted for it. I do not know if you can see things in the water in LOTR:FOTR but it does reflect off of the shore which is something no other game to my knowledge does. So I would say LOTR:FOTR but I do not own the game and have not studied it in depth so I will say Morrowind.

Zion
10-21-2002, 12:14 AM
Blood Wake, no contest!

DOOM
10-21-2002, 12:23 AM
halo!!!

Reclaimer
10-21-2002, 12:31 AM
Bloodwake. Should you find out, the waterborne physics of Bloodwake are excellent. Meaning the way the boats handle and take waves and swells. Being in the Coast Guard and having been on a small boat interceptor unit, Bloodwake's surface warfare element was surprising realistic. I was especially surprised that I could pull off tactics that we used in real life in this game like herding and leading techinques. I did trade this game in though because once you finish it, there's not much to it, and m/p mode is no match when you own Halo, but for what it was worth, Bloodwake rocked as a solo campaign.

BTW, Leo, this is an example of a good thread / topic.
This is something that a majority of us is interested in. And otherwise a cool little topic to talk about.

RudedogX
10-21-2002, 07:18 AM
I'd say other. Did you all see the water on the dock level of Wreckless. For some reason that water always makes me lose my concentration on the mission!

Spaztic
10-21-2002, 07:59 AM
obviously you guys didn't play splashdown. I have played all the games on the list and splashdown has the best water effects. Especially the level where the waves are huge with the sun setting....It was really awe inspiring the first time I saw it!

Chr0nik
10-21-2002, 08:01 AM
Originally posted by Leo
Thank you for voting.

WTF? Why is every single post you have made up to date a lame Poll? Get original man, provide some content. People are starting to get really tired of these threads.

Afro Aura
10-21-2002, 11:48 AM
Conflict: Desert Storm, did you see the water effects in the oasis?

O hang on there wasn't an oasis in there, so I think Bloodwake water was pretty cool and it was also pretty crap game too

Liquid Gears
10-21-2002, 02:43 PM
Out of all the games I've played, so far the water looks best in DOA3. But, I keep reading in gamer magazines and hearing from gamer shows that the water looks unbelievable in Splashdown.

JimmieDoogan
10-21-2002, 02:54 PM
I think Blinx has some awsome water. It looks great and if you pause time and walk through it, it stays that way until time comes back in. Amazing... too bad the game isn't as fun as SMS... or else I would have bought it. Mind you I like the game, but I will only buy it if I find it used.

xboxtito
10-21-2002, 02:57 PM
i say Bloodwake

faceoff508
10-21-2002, 05:11 PM
Halo, second level!!

HaloMasterVI
10-21-2002, 05:36 PM
The Best Water in a game isn't even listed as a choice and that is Transworld Surf!

Shadow20002
10-21-2002, 10:07 PM
Morrowind for now in my opinion. But after this year, this gonna be Ninja Gaiden. If you have check the trailer, you should see why this one is on top.

P.S. In the demo disc of November's issue. ;)

Woocifer
10-22-2002, 10:43 AM
If you haven't played the specific Xbox level in splashdown that Shaggy was talking about. you won't be able to judge which water is best. That sunset level is the best water emulation I have seen to date.

But I can't say it's by far the best over all because I haven't tried EVERY single game...though I'm sure I've played at least 2/3rds of the game library...hell ask EB how many returns I've done hahaha they are making a rubber stamp with my info on it so I dont have to write anymore return slips hahaha

If there is any indication that better water effects are coming then it is shown in the demo of Splinter Cell. The demo doesnt have water per se, but the curtains in the autopsy room are the aboslute most smoothly handled free flowing physics I have seen in a game period. I love runnin around and smackin into them, shooting them...just fiddling with them because they react so well that its almost comforting for some odd reason...I guess its that you are witnessing progress towards more true life gaming, which makes me happy in terms of being a gamer.

Anyway...Splashdown I believe destroys anything else. Morrowind's water is slow and moves like pudding or wet cement. Bloodwake's water is too solid and the textures are pretty harsh. I don't see where people get off saying anything in Wreckless looks good hahaha

I think DOA has some pretty amazing water effects as well...Splashdown is my fav though.