PDA

View Full Version : deathrow impressions

Spaztic
10-21-2002, 07:54 AM
I got this game....I was really looking forward to it! Well to say the least it is origional....THe gameplay is somewhat hard to follow, the controls are average, and its fun factor is normal. I would definatly suggest a rental of this game and don't purchase it. It will not be everyone's cup of tea! I am usually very open to origional games but this one really has no appeal to me. I had some of my friends over to try the game also and we played it once and then poped back in hitz 03.

RudedogX
10-21-2002, 08:06 AM
Good to know!:)

That seems to be the case with most of these games that win critical acclaim though...They're just not for everyone! I guess I'll actually rent this one and find out if I like it.

studepaber
10-21-2002, 08:52 AM
When was this released???? I knew it was released early in Europe but I thought the US got it on Wednesday....hrrrmmmm I think I'll trade in Godzilla DAMM for this. BTW Shaggy is it as violent as I am hoping for? What reasons do you think this game should only be a rental?

ONTHEBUS
10-21-2002, 10:30 AM
Oh my god! Im waiting for the sale of this game in Spain. I thought that it be very very good game. In Xbox Magazine it give 9,5 points of 10. How many points give you for this game??

Bye..

Casper
10-21-2002, 10:42 AM
I just think you were spoiled by Hitz :)

Shag, is there swearing and good violence in it? Is there any real selling points for this? Cuz it's not even XBL, so I'm not sure if it's a buyer yet. Thanks.

RudedogX
10-21-2002, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by casper
I just think you were spoiled by Hitz :)

Shag, is there swearing and good violence in it? Is there any real selling points for this? Cuz it's not even XBL, so I'm not sure if it's a buyer yet. Thanks.

From what I heard, there is an excess of both swearing and violence!:cool:

DZNUTZ
10-21-2002, 12:35 PM
bleh..shaggy..i hope your wrong...
i was just starting to get excited about this one.

hmmm..u like hitz....that leads me to belive we have different taste in games maybe. guess i'll have to wait and see.

Woocifer
10-21-2002, 06:13 PM
I agree with DZNUTZ... if Shaggy likes Hitz and I don't, what does this say about Deathrow?

I'm curious to just see this game in action...however it sounds kinda cheesey to me anyway. Worth a look I suppose.

EHWfedPres
10-21-2002, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by Shaggy
I got this game....I was really looking forward to it! Well to say the least it is origional....THe gameplay is somewhat hard to follow, the controls are average, and its fun factor is normal. I would definatly suggest a rental of this game and don't purchase it. It will not be everyone's cup of tea! I am usually very open to origional games but this one really has no appeal to me. I had some of my friends over to try the game also and we played it once and then poped back in hitz 03.

Your location is KC...kentucky i guess? It's not released in the US until the 23rd, so nice try...just because you dont like the look of it dosent mean you can pull everyone away and keep them from buying it.

voodoo_chile
10-21-2002, 11:59 PM
try Kansas City, sherlock ;)

Highlite23
10-22-2002, 12:01 AM
I don't want to insinuate anything, but i work at GS and it ain't commin out till the 23rd.

Does look good, i'm picking it up.:cool:

voodoo_chile
10-22-2002, 01:22 AM
hasn't it already been release in other countries?

Originally posted by highlite23
I don't want to insinuate anything, but i work at GS and it ain't commin out till the 23rd.

Does look good, i'm picking it up.:cool:

EHWfedPres
10-22-2002, 01:49 AM
Originally posted by voodoo_chile
hasn't it already been release in other countries?

Yes. Check the SouthEnd boards, aussies are playing right now.

evil xbox king
10-22-2002, 05:36 AM
Originally posted by EHWfedPres

Yes. Check the SouthEnd boards, aussies are playing right now.

We are? WOO HOO finally MS doesn't screw us!!

EHWfedPres
10-22-2002, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by evil xbox king

We are? WOO HOO finally MS doesn't screw us!!

lol:)

DZNUTZ
10-22-2002, 01:48 PM
well as far i've i know...shaggy's not one to lie.
maybe he got an advance copy. its not impossible ya know.
i'm probably getting an advance copy of UC..and yes EHW...i know u don't care cuz you think it will suck...blah blah blah

EHWfedPres
10-22-2002, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by DZNUTZ
i'm probably getting an advance copy of UC..and yes EHW...i know u don't care cuz you think it will suck...blah blah blah

Thankx for paying attention man! I've been looking forward to Deathrow longer than anyone here, its going to be a great game, whether you think i think so or not...

DZNUTZ
10-22-2002, 01:57 PM
do u even read the posts?
1. i'm looking forward to deathrow
2. i was saying i belive shaggy
3. i also mentioned that i might get my hands on an advance copy of UC...haven't u been bashing it?
4. you've been looking forward for deathrow longer then anyone here huh? hmmm...i haven't checked...buy i don't belive it was u who first posted about it..i belive it might of been me.
either which way..it doesn't matter...u still suck.

EHWfedPres
10-22-2002, 02:03 PM
do u even read the posts?
1. i'm looking forward to deathrow
2. i was saying i belive shaggy
3. i also mentioned that i might get my hands on an advance copy of UC...haven't u been bashing it?
4. you've been looking forward for deathrow longer then anyone here huh? hmmm...i haven't checked...buy i don't belive it was u who first posted about it..i belive it might of been me.
either which way..it doesn't matter...u still suck.

You better get your facts straight boy...Im looking forward to UC as well, i would never bash a game that i might like. :rolleyes:

aircobra
10-22-2002, 02:09 PM

of course it isn't impossible, but it is highly unlikely he did. i got DTR before it was released, but i don't think he got Deathrow before it ships.

RudedogX
10-22-2002, 02:15 PM

Sorry DZ, I think I know who you're talkin' about on this one...it's Liquid Gears, not EHWfedpres.

EHWfedPres
10-22-2002, 02:18 PM
too much guinness maybe...well thats not a bad thing, i just saying...

studepaber
10-22-2002, 02:26 PM
EHW I'm about as equally pumped for this game tomorrow, have you checked out the southend-interactive website with the Deathrow forum? It's been getting good reviews and impressions thus far....

EDIT: here's a linky

www.southend-interactive.com

EHWfedPres
10-22-2002, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by studepaber
EHW I'm about as equally pumped for this game tomorrow, have you checked out the southend-interactive website with the Deathrow forum? It's been getting good reviews and impressions thus far....

yeah, ive been checking every movie, screenshot, everything i could find...

today........must...............end! :eek: :eek: :eek:

MerimacHamwich
10-22-2002, 06:21 PM
Shaggy, may I ask how you got it several days early? Becuase it won't be in stores until the 22nd (today) or the 23rd. If you do not have it then why would you make a thread about how ti sucks. You would be a fool for doing such a thing. try and prevent people from buying a game and then complain later on at some point that software sales for xbox aren't good enough. Hypocritical.

maximan00
10-23-2002, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by voodoo_chile
try Kansas City, sherlock ;)

i almost sh*t myself when I first read this....

im still laughing..

EHWfedPres
10-23-2002, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by maximan00

i almost sh*t myself when I first read this....

im still laughing..

simple minds are easily amused...:rolleyes:

RudedogX
10-23-2002, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by MerimacHamwich
Shaggy, may I ask how you got it several days early? Becuase it won't be in stores until the 22nd (today) or the 23rd. If you do not have it then why would you make a thread about how ti sucks. You would be a fool for doing such a thing. try and prevent people from buying a game and then complain later on at some point that software sales for xbox aren't good enough. Hypocritical.

Let's not forget, he has a modded box. Maybe he downloaded it from a hacker site? Just a guess:confused:

ScorpionX
10-23-2002, 03:34 PM
Yes, Shaggy probably ripped it onto his xbox becasue I know his is modded. He also made an impression of POW a few days before the release.

Well I don't really care about this game anyway, so thanks for he heads up. :)