PDA

View Full Version : Most Anticipated War Game....

l Maximus l
10-21-2002, 02:10 PM
What War Game do you guys anticipate the most? I decided not to put a poll...just reply with your feelings about it. Also, if you are not a War Game fanatic, tell us why so we can bash you :D jk

DZNUTZ
10-21-2002, 02:17 PM
i've heard all this hubub about battlefield1942..but i know lil about it ..besides its not gonna support xboxlive:mad:

i'd have to say ghost recon.
squad based action over the net.

OHHHH YEAAAAAAA
somebody DUFF ME

l Maximus l
10-21-2002, 02:18 PM
Personally, I'm stoked for Battlefield 1942...this game looks bad ass!

http://www.xboxaddict.com/screenshots/images/1421.jpg
http://www.xboxaddict.com/screenshots/images/59.jpg
http://www.xboxaddict.com/screenshots/images/58.jpg

RudedogX
10-21-2002, 02:23 PM
I'm gonna have to go with Ghost Recon too. I can't wait to try and waste some fools with some online teammates!

By the way maximus, with this sudden wave of posting again, are you back?:D

Casper
10-21-2002, 02:24 PM
I've been getting into Desert Storm, that games is pretty dam cool....but I want America's Army :( I guess I'll have to settle for Ghost Recon on XBL :D

Chr0nik
10-21-2002, 02:24 PM
Definately Battlefield 1942, this game looks like the bomb, I actually played a little on PC and this game rules.

Casper
10-21-2002, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by Chronik
Definately Battlefield 1942, this game looks like the bomb, I actually played a little on PC and this game rules.

http://www.poundart.com/gpk/cards/014potty.jpg

:eek: :eek: My god, memories...lmao!!! Nice find man, are there more on that site? :D :D

studepaber
10-21-2002, 02:26 PM
Return to Castle Wolfenstein!!! although it's not really a 'true' war game with wartime strategy, etc. DZ are you absolutely positive BF1942 is not going online??? I know EA doesn't support Live but for some reason I thought this might be an exeption or something. MOH Frontline will be nothing more than a rehash of the PS2 version (which I thought the controls were WAY too jerky in) with multiplayer features. So umm yea my vote goes to RTCW!

Chr0nik
10-21-2002, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by casper

:eek: :eek: My god, memories...lmao!!! Nice find man, are there more on that site? :D :D

Just perform a google image search for "garbage pail kids". You will get tons of hits.

xboxtito
10-21-2002, 02:52 PM
;) I would have 2 go with Ghost Recon too. Battlefield 1942 will kick some a$$ on live if it hits live, so lets pray...... dear god can u put some kind of spell on ea so we can at least have Battlefield 1942? that is all we r asking for. ;)

l Maximus l
10-21-2002, 04:47 PM
Ghost Recon is a sweet game...but, damn..it's been out for so long on the PC. I guess I'm only pumped up for Unreal Championship when it comes to XBox Live...I'm sure Splinter Cell will be bad ass, too, though.

DZNUTZ
10-21-2002, 04:50 PM
i just played a demo of splinter cell on a kiosk @my local eb...i must tell ya...it look amazing.

i did notic tho that after i took a head shot on a downed enemie...no noticable effect. (ie mauling of the head or even a blood splatter for that matter)

borka105
10-21-2002, 04:59 PM
all I know is after 5 hours straight of co-op in desert storm yesterday, scr*w the other games, this is my game of choice right now.

It's the most fun I have had playing xbox so far.

-Borka105

Gn.Grim
10-27-2002, 10:43 AM
i love war games. i am looking forward to ghost recon. you get to talk to your team mates with xbl. man i can't wait. I also bought conflict desert storm and i like it but it is boring after you beat it because of no head to head multi play.

Variation-XBA
10-27-2002, 11:07 AM
Definetly 1942, cant get enough of the PC version :)

OUberLord
10-28-2002, 02:49 PM
Im almost positive Battlefield 1942 will support Xbox live, one because i heard in an interview that it is and two the game supports up to 32 players.

Now ponder with me, 4 xboxes = 16 players, so sounds to me that Live has a big role in the game :)

carlbme
10-28-2002, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by borka105
all I know is after 5 hours straight of co-op in desert storm yesterday, scr*w the other games, this is my game of choice right now.

It's the most fun I have had playing xbox so far.

-Borka105

Same here, although we logged 5.5 hours, my wife wasn't too happy about it, but oh well she'll get over it when I buy the game and let her in on the action. :D

hook-worm J
10-28-2002, 11:07 PM
What'll BF 1942 be without online multiplayer??? Not much.

I'm personally waiting for ghost recon. I may look into what RTCW has to offer also.

thatroger
10-28-2002, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by AloneInTheDark
Return to Castle Wolfenstein
I am suprised not many said this

I've played the game and I sure hope they add something like deathmatches or team deathmatches or elimination or something besides capture this and that. I didn't care for the graphics they have but that's just me .

I also hear that it will only be able to handle 8 players on XBL

Reclaimer
10-29-2002, 12:44 AM
Conflict Desert Storm was a surprise for me. I bought this game because I was lookig for a military game with true life elements. Well, you can't beat C: DE. That game rocks. Especially on a 4 player co-op mission. I would have liked to see a sys link though. I'm ok with no death match. It doesn't seem quite right pitting a Delta Force Operative against another, or even a S.A.S. Element. To me, Deathmatching, is more of a science fiction themed thing. Or something that doesn't pertain to a real life event or groups of people. Maybe if they had a DM against the Deltas or SAS against the IRG. But I think that wuld push the political correctness boundry. More than it already has with this game. Ghost Recon will be by next choice. I'm a big R6 fan. I love that series. It's a dream come true to see it on the Xbox and have it for live. I was so disapointed with the PS version of R6, I don't know why they even bothered. But if it rocked like it does on the computer, then there's no stopping it. Multiple Tactical Elements operating in a large enviroment. Oh how sweet it is. Battlefield 1942, might get my Halo vehicle fix cured. I basically know nothing about this game but what I do know is that there will be vehicles. I'll be happy about that at least.
Well see how this pans out.

Ninja Scroll
10-29-2002, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by rudedogX
I'm gonna have to go with Ghost Recon too. I can't wait to try and waste some fools with some online teammates!

By the way maximus, with this sudden wave of posting again, are you back?

Yeah, are ya back waximus or just teasing us?

Anywho im wit RDX, it's all about Ghost Recon,...btw,.. you gonna be on my team RDX? Caspers, on da team,..but dont tell him im gonna sneak up and Snipe his ass!:D

http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2002/vgnews/072502/vgghostrecon_screen001.jpg

Originally posted by Maximus-XBA
Ghost Recon is a sweet game...but, damn..it's been out for so long on the PC. I guess I'm only pumped up for Unreal Championship when it comes to XBox Live...I'm sure Splinter Cell will be bad ass, too, though.

But not all of us have bought da PC verison, so it's new to us!;)

Originally posted by casper

:eek: :eek: My god, memories...lmao!!! Nice find man, are there more on that site?

LMAO!! Casper, you used to collect dem joints? I know I did, dem things was like da Pokemon of today,...only cooler!:cool:

I must had like a few hundred. Kids was traden dem and errry' ing back in da mid-late 80's!

Damn,...im getting old!:o

Knight
10-29-2002, 11:21 AM
Mech Assault & Age of Mythology

Xtopia
10-29-2002, 02:18 PM
Ghost Recon. I'm obsessed with realistic shooters. I own!

Ninja Scroll
10-29-2002, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by Xtopia
Ghost Recon. I'm obsessed with realistic shooters. I own!

Dats nice,.. but im pretty rootin tootin sure I will own your ass come 11/15/02!:)

Afro Aura
10-29-2002, 07:40 PM
I'm waiting Phantasy Star Online and yeah it's war with the monsters on the planet, so come on Sega get the damn game out

if your looking for a game for real wars I would say Battlefield1942
would be the one to buy with PSO hehehe

oddworld20-3000
10-30-2002, 08:03 PM
I would say Medal of Honor Frontline.

frAn
10-30-2002, 08:32 PM
I beleive I will have to go with Ghost Recon on this issue. I have a question about it though. Say you have an Mp5 eqquppied, right? Does it actually show the gun you are using as in Counter Strike or does it just show the crosshairs. Thx guys.

Ps. I just heard a really corny counter strike joke that I actually laughed at...
You know you're addicted to counter strike if you carry a knife to get places faster.
God that cheesy:D

l Maximus l
10-31-2002, 12:51 AM
I havn't played Battlefield 1942 yet, however, I heard it was crazy ass fun...I'm not sure if it's a PC version or a Beta version...but, from what I heard, I'm so pumped!

I definately prefer shooters a first person standpoint.