PDA

View Full Version : Time Spitters 2

Laxeph
10-21-2002, 08:53 PM
I just bought this and so far it seems ok. I was wondering if there was anyway to change the controls for the wrist action to normal style like Halo?

mmattai
10-22-2002, 05:30 AM
Take off the aiming circle to get rid of the "wrist" action. Put a piece of clear tape on your screen and draw a "+" on it if you still need an aiming aid. Just one more reason why I didn't buy this game.

OUberLord
10-23-2002, 09:21 PM
i dunno, if i pick up a gun in real life i dont see a crosshair. Maybe im just a freak...

Its not hard to aim and fire without a crosshair, but they probably should have made it optional.

mmattai
10-24-2002, 02:20 AM
That's why when I pick up a gun in real life I make sure I paint "+" signs on my glasses first :D

But seriously, the "+" sign makes up for the inability to not be able to use the targeting sights on a handgun in real life. I guess to be realistic they could take it off when you use a big gun. Or maybe that's why they only have the "+" sign when you click the thumbstick, to simulate using the targeting sights. But the wrist action movement still sucks.

OUberLord
10-24-2002, 12:45 PM
yeah i agree with you there, the wrist thing does suck. What I like is in some games you can take the gun up to your viewpoint and aim using the sights on the model. Dunno how well it would adapt to console games but its still cool.

mmattai
10-24-2002, 04:18 PM
I've never played a FPS that did that. That would be kinda cool. I would probably complain that I couldn't see the bottom of my screen tho because of my player's arms :D

OUberLord
10-24-2002, 08:44 PM
Operation Flashpoint does it, the upcoming Hostile Intent mod for HL does it.

Whats cool about it in OpF is you can still fire without raising it to your eye but its relatively inaccurate.