PDA

View Full Version : KC...# of Characters comfirmed !!

Shadow20002
10-21-2002, 09:54 PM
Check out http://www.kakutochojin.com then you can see the specs of each character. In this game, there will be 12 characters. Each with his style of combat and technique.

Woocifer
10-22-2002, 10:58 AM
Garbage...if I have a fighting game I want at LEAST 30 individual characters...

12 is pretty bad...you could learn and go through that in a couple hours.

Where's the days when picking your character actually took the full minute that they give you JUST to look at each character? ;)

I mean its the same engine over and over again, same scenario over and over again...so focus on character development, story lines, movement, moves, number of characters. Though if there isn't one good character, a million of them won't help. But still...pick up the slack and surprise one year with some massive quality fighter.

ScorpionX
10-23-2002, 03:40 PM
Phhhhhhh Mortal Kombat will blow this game away :D

kachingtensor
10-23-2002, 09:00 PM
Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance looks great so far, but so does Kakuto Chojin.

I'm gettin' both. Even if it means no money left for Super Mario Sunshine. :_|

EHWfedPres
11-06-2002, 11:45 PM
KC looks shallow with very few characters to chose from (i want 50 at least in a fighting game!), and it dosent look like there are many moves to do, and what few there are...either suck or at in every fighting game.

Shadow20002
11-07-2002, 07:28 PM
Ok then..Woocifer and EHWfedPres, two of you know what ? First of all, Kakuto Chojin is just the FIRST installment, so they will just create only 12 characters (good to begin for the first one), then add new ones later in next installment. MK: DA is the fifth chapter to the series, so is normal that they have more characters to choose.

P.S. Woocifer, you want a least 30 characters and EHWfedPres, a least 50 characters to choose ? Well, i think in the meaning of two of you, all of fighting games is garbage in this list:

Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance(24 characters, maybe more with unlockable ones)
Soul Calibur 2(14 characters)
Virtua Fighter 4(the fouth chapter, only 13 characters, don't know what happen ?? :confused:

Maybe the only one that please you, Woocifer, is Marvel VS Capcom 2 right ??
For EHWfedPres, i don't know what game that have a least 50 characters for you (even M VS C has only 47 characters to choose)...

SlightlySycho
11-07-2002, 09:28 PM
Shadow more or less nailed what I was thinking, a fighting game doesn't need to have three or four dozen character to be successful. Even when Namco does it, most of their additional characters are just clones of the original dozen.

And now to do the "Old Man" Rant: Keep in mind, first fighting games don't usually have that many characters. The original Mortal Kombat only had like seven characters and no secrets. The first Street Fighter II [laughs at the wording, then cries when he remembers how true that was] maybe only had ten. And they had copies, too. And I'm not just talking about Ryu and Ken; Blanka and E. Honda had the exact same move scheme, too.

And Now the "Really Old Man" Rant: Why, in my day we were lucky if we only got two fighters! And they didn't even have names! They were Red Guy and White Guy! And you couldn't even jump! And-- [snores]

EHWfedPres
11-09-2002, 12:18 PM
Dead or alive 3 has only a handfull of characters...i beat the game with every character in one sitting...less than 3 hours actually.

Cloud Strife
11-29-2002, 08:01 PM
I think Kakuto Chojin is a good game. Not as good as DOA3, MK DA, or Soul Caliber but great. Most fighting games that have over 30 characters are all the same.