PDA

View Full Version : Changing the Name of your XBOX....

Leviathon
10-22-2002, 10:09 AM
Quick question. When playing multiplayer on Halo the name of my box is Stompy. My friend said that you need to play DOA3 and beat it with all the characters and it will let you change the name of your box.

After doing so, I am still unable to change my name. Am I missin' it somewhere guys. Need some help.

techie
10-22-2002, 10:22 AM
You don't need to beat it with all the characters, just go into the
one where you try to beat a number of opponents in the shortest
amount of time (I haven't played this in a while). If you place in
either Bronze, Silver or Gold, you will be able to give the character
a name. This will be picked up in Halo.

SkoalMint
10-22-2002, 10:24 AM
It's been awhile since I've done this, but I think you just need to get a high score with any character. I believe it was in the survival part of the game. If that doesn't work, try doing a search. This was covered exhaustively on here.

Sodge
10-22-2002, 03:07 PM
You can also change your Xbox name by going into the Multiplayer section of Cel Damage. The information on the matter can be found below or by going here (http://www.gamewinners.com/xbox/Xbox.htm).

"Each Xbox console has a "name" assigned to it at the time of manufacture. To view the name of your system, play Halo link it to another Xbox and choose a linked play party. The Xboxs will have names above their symbols in the pre-game stat screen. To change your name, play challenge mode in Dead Or Alive 3. Successfully complete challenge mode and you will be prompted to enter a record name. Enter the name that you wish to change your pre-assigned Xbox name to. This will now be the title your Xbox is referred to during linked play. Note: Although you cannot delete a name, you can change it again. Keep playing a mode where you can enter a "nickname" in Dead Or Alive 3 and get it to the top of the list."