PDA

View Full Version : Halo Ending

Steve1987
10-22-2002, 01:32 PM
I Have just seen the Halo ending for the first time (a bit late i know :( ), and i felt a bit disappointed. I know you get a bit more when you complete the game on legendary, but i was hoping that after all that work with the jeep, i would be awarded with something amazing! :eek:

I still think Halo is a brilliant game, and the last level was great (even though i got slowdown in places, is this normal , or is my xbox dying), and the ending did make me want to carry on and play Halo 2, even though i can't :confused: but i just felt that it should of been longer, or just louder i guess! :eek:

Anyone else feel this way?
By the way, after not touching my xbox for months, the last few days i haven't let go of the thing, and can safely say i won't neglect it so much again. Just have to wait for those killer games over christmas.
:cool:

Mercury
10-22-2002, 05:00 PM
The ending was dissapointing. I'm with you. But that's the norm now with video games. The endings all suck. Why the developers can't get it through their thick heads that we love a good ending. It's why we play the game the whole way through.

mitchrules1
10-22-2002, 05:19 PM
With the slow downs? I think your xbox is screwy

MerimacHamwich
10-22-2002, 06:30 PM
I think I rmember getting slowdown one of the times I played through. Anyhow, the ending was fine with me I was disapointed that we did not get some sort of secret unlocked though. There were all sorts of rumors going about when I beat it about extra weapons and everything. Then I beat it on al difficulties and nothing. I was disapointed and didn't play Halo for a while. I still think they should have done something to reward us. Like maybe unlock Banshees in multiplayer. I thought they would be in there standard but weren't and I dont really see why. They are easy enough to blow up and won't give any advantage over a ghost or tank. Anyhow, enough *****ing for me. I still like the game but I was disapointed as well.

JJaX
10-23-2002, 11:27 AM
Slow down occurs a lot in halo. Try playing halo co-op on legendary. :)

MMMmmmmmmm legendary Co-op............

EHWfedPres
10-23-2002, 11:31 AM
the warthog run was the worst part of Halo's single player...that and its basically the exact same thing every time you play it...Halo would probably suck if it wasnt for Multiplayer.

MerimacHamwich
10-23-2002, 12:05 PM
Yeah, I beat the whole game on every difficulty in co op. It was fun.:)

OUberLord
10-23-2002, 09:17 PM
Halos single player is probably the most well thought out FPS on any console, but I found the multiplayer lacking. The only maps that are of any size is Blood Gulch and Sidewinder, and both have horrible flow if any sniping weapons are included in the match. The rest of the levels are too small, barely accomodating two people in the only other outdoor level.

Other than that, its hard to name any other console FPS that can beat Halo.

Back on track, Halo's ending was incomplete because it wasn't then ending. What else could they have shown in to ending?

rio2012
10-23-2002, 09:23 PM
hey man if ur lookin for more to the halo story go buy the book!!!!

The prequel to the Xbox classic is called Halo The Fall of Reach by Eric Nylund and trust me its a must read for all Halo fans !!!!!!!!!!

OUberLord
10-23-2002, 09:30 PM
that book totally rocks, allthough i wish i could have read it before i played Halo

symposiumx
10-31-2002, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by OUberLord

Back on track, Halo's ending was incomplete because it wasn't then ending. What else could they have shown in to ending?

I agree, it was an "ending" the same way the "end" of 'Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back' was an "ending"

Reclaimer
10-31-2002, 03:48 PM
As for the story line, I guess you couldn't get more indepth with the ending with out revealing too much for the sequel. The only other thing you could have do is see Master Chief without his helmet. That wouldn't comprimise the story line too much. Anyway, I wish you could have unlocked banshees or something like that. The slowdown is normal. It happens alot of the time when you have to deal with the little shrimp like flood. When you get a whole screen of those, the game starts to stutter often. But there still isn't a FPS that can touch Halo. Timesplitter is close but not quite there in some ways. But I have a feeling, I hate to say it, but I think Halo's days are numbered. U.C., Ghost Rec, Battlefield, and Halo2. The future looks pretty bright, boys.

symposiumx
10-31-2002, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by Reclaimer 343
I hate to say it, but I think Halo's days are numbered. U.C., Ghost Rec, Battlefield, and Halo2.

well, if the king must die at some point, then no better games to give rise to than those titles (along with MechAssault and Splinter Cell, not to meantion a myriad of others!

"...Long live the king!"

xbox1
11-07-2002, 07:00 AM
i thought the ending was ok.it needed work,but i loved the part where u get to see halo get blown to bits!

not to sound like a p-u-s-s-y but i felt kind of sad when Cortona announced that no one else made it.It was like u played the game and resuced the marines and the captian for nothing but the game was worth it