PDA

View Full Version : is there any real hard new shooters

Sargent_Ryan
10-22-2002, 09:24 PM
I was thinking about getting a new game but I couldn't decide if I should wait until live comes out and get unreal and ghost recon or if there was any good shooters that just came out that are real hard to beat. I was looking at dead to rights and hitman 2 but I don't really want to get a 1 player game because after you beat them you never really play them again. Is desert storm or time splitters really hard? I am just tired of playing all these easy games that I can beat in a week.

aircobra
10-22-2002, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by Sargent_Ryan
I was thinking about getting a new game but I couldn't decide if I should wait until live comes out and get unreal and ghost recon or if there was any good shooters that just came out that are real hard to beat. I was looking at dead to rights and hitman 2 but I don't really want to get a 1 player game because after you beat them you never really play them again. Is desert storm or time splitters really hard? I am just tired of playing all these easy games that I can beat in a week.

haven't played ts2 yet, but conflict is really good. it isn't too hard but it does present a good challenge, plus the fact that it has a co-op mode makes it a good buy.

Reclaimer
10-22-2002, 09:52 PM
I'm playin Conflict DS right now. This game rocks. If you want military special warfare, rent this game. You need strategy, skill and the ability to choose which tactical operator to use when a certain situation arrises. You have to control an Assualter/Rifleman, Heavy Weapon/S.A.W. Gunner, Demolitions/Medic, and a Sniper, through missions based on real missions that took place in Operation Desert Storm. Each soldier can do any task, but only certain ones can do certain tasks faster or more efficiently due to their speciality. The controls are easy to learn, but there is a little bit of a curve trying to control 4 guys at once. You can be one person at primarily, and the squad follows you and reacts to your orders. Give them the Fire At Will order and they pretty much take care of business on their own. But sometimes you need to coordinate activities and that means you need to switch between characters in a hurry. Get's a little hectic, but with practice you will be fine. Another plus is that you can pick up equipment during the game and distribute it to your crew, or you can swap equipment among each other. If you have a guy get killed, you have 2 minutes to get your medic or someone with a first aid kit to the fallen soldier to treat him and get him back to health, if you are to late, he dies and you will carry on without him. The bad thing is that when you start a new mission, they give you a replacement noob that's not as skilled as the guy you let die. You get experience points throughout the game for yor actions and you have skill levels that advance with the points you get. It's good to take control of different guys and make them do stuff, that way you can get experiance for them.
The graphics are good, and the game has your custom soundtrack mode. There is a 4 player coopwhich is a blast, but no deathmatch. I recommend this game to anyone who wants a shooter.

mmattai
10-23-2002, 05:04 AM
TimeSplitters 2 = poor man's Unreal Championship
Conflict: Desert Storm = poor man's Ghost Recon

Have patience. The good stuff is about to come. If you're jonesing that bad, then rent.

sojourner
10-23-2002, 07:36 AM
Conflict d. s. is a must, play it on hard and it promises you a good enjoyable game.
Play it in co-op mode with 2,3 or 4 of your pals and you'll have a ball.:)

EHWfedPres
10-23-2002, 12:05 PM
C: DS is an OK game...sometimes the people just dont want to shoot, which sucks. Also, no replay value.