PDA

View Full Version : GS: Thank you for your submission. Regretfully, it does not suit our present needs...

Jarvis
10-23-2002, 03:29 AM
Good article from SpaceGhost2k (Xbox Rep) at TXB forums about Gamespot and Game Informer magazine:

As I understand it, game publishers provide review copies of games to websites and magazines, to be reviewed. Sometimes they get them early, and other times (as GI mentioned about "The Thing") they don't get them until the game has been released. In even other cases, some games are purchased from overseas and reviewed in advance of a domestic release (at least one site did this with Steel Battalion.)

My opinion?

Scratch "GameSpot" off the "Free Game For Your Review" list.

If they want to review Xbox games so badly (It doesn't really appear that they do), let them go spend $50 on a copy. Then maybe they'll appreciate it more. I certainly appreciate the game I have to purchase at full price more than the ones I got cheap or free. I have a stack of $20 games gathering dust, but all of my $50 games get regular play.

Anyway, Xbox is not gaining anything by having these people review their games, and neither is anyone developng a game for the Xbox. Why spend a couple of years of blood, sweat and tears to produce a game of passion, only to have GS rip it a new one because they can't catch the vision? If it doesn't involve a pointy haired youth saving the world, or a punk with a baseball bat trying to ruin it, then it much suck.

You might as well go hunt down one of those guys with the cardboard sign on the freeway offramp that reads "will work for food." Give him a pen, a pad of paper, an Xbox and a game, and turn him loose. He's likely to be more elloquent, and even more likely to be more accurate, or at least more insightful, with his review. Hell, send them to me for review. I have no credentials, except that I have all of my fingers and thumbs so I can work the controller.

By the way, I'd take Game Informer off of that list, too. They said Quantum Redshift was "slow." God, is it possible to be more erroneous in a review? Only if you refer to Mario as "sexy." That might do it.

I completely agree with SpaceGhost on this one, Gamespot and Game Informer do nothing at all for the Xbox community.

-jarvis

Evil_Dr_Beefy
10-23-2002, 04:23 AM
Oh yeah....the old go along to get along deal.....The xbox community doesn't need a bunch of bought off game reviewers.

Mercury
10-23-2002, 09:11 AM
I completely agree. If a company is going to be neutral, then fine. But if they are actually going to be detrimental to a company by being biased and what not, then they need to be taking off the list of reviewers for games.

GS only hurts xbox by misleading casual gamers. They don't do any good at all for the xbox. And this isn't about buying out reviewers. Anyone who thinks that is stupid. This is about a level playing field. If a site gives an advantage to the competition then it isn't level at all and therefore something should be done.

Ninja Scroll
10-23-2002, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by Jarvis

I completely agree with SpaceGhost on this one, Gamespot and Game Informer do nothing at all for the Xbox community.

-jarvis

I have never read or visited Game Informer, so I cant comment on dem, but as for GS,...dude,...they have a right to their own opinion. Not everyone is gonna agree with them or anyone else.
If you dont like dem, do visit their site,...which btw im sure you will still live other their and then come back to complain more.

Just except they are critics just like you and I.

I get tired of peeps getting pi$$ed over reviews.:rolleyes:
It's just one opinion for crying out load. It aint like im gonna not get a game cause GS or whomever else said not too.:rolleyes:

Jarvis
10-23-2002, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by Ninja Scroll

I have never read or visited Game Informer, so I cant comment on dem, but as for GS,...dude,...they have a right to their own opinion. Not everyone is gonna agree with them or anyone else.
If you dont like dem, do visit their site,...which btw im sure you will still live other their and then come back to complain more.

Just except they are critics just like you and I.

I get tired of peeps getting pi$$ed over reviews.:rolleyes:
It's just one opinion for crying out load. It aint like im gonna not get a game cause GS or whomever else said not too.:rolleyes:

Listen, I have no problem with a fair and unbiased review. The scores on GS just make no sense. They are always consistently lower than anyone else on gamerankings.com. they have inconsistencies in the reviews also. for example, game informer's recent review of Quantum Redshift called the game "slow". If you've ever seen the game you'd know that it's one (if not the fastest) racing game EVER. the speed is ridiculous at the top 2 levels.

they just don't make sense. by the way, i haven't visited the GS website in months, and I don't plan to. i'm simply relaying spaceghost's insightful post from TXB forums and agreeing with him.

-jarvis

EHWfedPres
10-23-2002, 02:26 PM
I know what we could do to get Gáyspot to recognize the Xbox as the superior system...

At the bottom of their mai page, it has a list of the top 10 games of the day, and the rankings are based on site traffic...so lets get everyone here to go to the Splinter Cell page and the Deathrow Page and the MechAssault page, we'll boost the traffic up a whole lot and make people realize that just because its the 95 billionth game in the series, Final Fantasy games will always suck (in my mind).

Splinter Cell (http://gamespot.com/gamespot/filters/products/0,11114,561102,00.html)

Halo 2 (http://gamespot.com/gamespot/filters/products/0,11114,562116,00.html)

Deathrow (http://gamespot.com/gamespot/filters/products/0,11114,560434,00.html)

MechAssault (http://gamespot.com/gamespot/filters/products/0,11114,559823,00.html)

Unreal Championship (http://gamespot.com/gamespot/filters/products/0,11114,516518,00.html)

Now vists those pages once a day or at least today, and maybe post a link to another game that needs more attention than Tony Hawk 72...

EHWfedPres
10-23-2002, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by Motoko
I agree 100%.

GameSpot decided several months before Xbox was even released that they we're going to hate it.

On the Gamespot Xbox forum, theres about 4 posts asking why that Jeff dude is biased in his reviews...and theres even examples in one of the posts...i think this guy need to get sacked...

EHWfedPres
10-23-2002, 03:30 PM
BUMP

I think EVERYONE should participate in this Pro-Xbox/Anti-Gamespot's biased retards campaign

Evil_Dr_Beefy
10-23-2002, 05:30 PM
Get a grip man,.....you people are worried about one guy on one site...c'mon...Riddle me this, batman...what in the hell are you going to do about it!!! I know... why don't all you loyal fanboys just boycott gamespot....Just let it go man.......