PDA

View Full Version : Is this normal?

wheatus-frog-uk
10-23-2002, 03:58 AM
Hey,

Before I start, dont just ignore this post as what im saying MIGHT not of happened to you. However it just did to me and im wondering if something went wrong with my xbox, or just some small glitch, or its normal. I aint exactly new to the forums and I havn't posted any stuff about xbox's being faulty before - Just coz i have a pretty low post count please dont ignore me.

Well anyway:

I was playing on Moto GP, and I was getting stuck on this circuit so instead of having to re-qualify, etc, If i was not doiig well i just ejected the game, waited for the flashing green light (from around the eject button) to stop flashing and re insert it. One time when i did this instead of getting the normal 'X' when you insert the game I got a somewhat strange start up.

When you turn the Xbox on you know that kinda green flubber thing, well this came up, kind of 'exploded' and then the word 'Xbox' came up all kinda flashy. And then instead of running the game i got this error message:

This is an Xbox game disc

Please put it in your Xbox to start play

Then it had a lot of other languages, i guess saying the same message.

I then ejected the disc, put it back in and all was fine.

Nothing like this has ever happened before (since i got the xbox, on UK launch) - The only thing to my xbox begin fine is recieveing the dirt disc error message 2 times.

I wonder if you guys could shed any insight to this, if this has happened to you, or anything like this.

I know this might sound very strange but I am NOT lying.

Thanks

Dan

Rochey69r
10-23-2002, 04:13 AM
Hey Dan,

p.s. you have something like 78 posts thats not low. low is 10 or under.

thanx for giving a very detailed description for your problem.

it sounds like what happend is what happens when you put an xbox game in a dvd player.

*(if you have a seperate dvd player try it)

this is extremely odd and i have not heard of this happening before.

it may be a rare case where it read the game as a dvd instead of a game so it played that message.

hope ive helped a bit there mate. :p

SkoalMint
10-23-2002, 05:47 AM
I had the same thing happen myself. I kept getting a dirty disc error on a game I had rented. So I would ejected and re-inserted a number of times. After doing this about 7 or 8 times, I then got the message about the disc being an Xbox game disc. For a second, I'm thinking to myself "no ***** - that's why I put it in my Xbox". Then I realized that for some reason, the disc wasn't recognizing that it was being played on an Xbox so it threw up the error message. My assumption is that it thought it was being played on a PC, but Rochey's thoughts about the separate DVD could be accurate too. Anyway, I cleaned the disc, put it back in, and everything worked fine. I meant to take an Xbox disc later and put it in my PC to see what happened, but I forgot all about it until I saw your message. Of course now I wonder if it was caused by a dirty disc or by continuously ejecting and re-inserting a disc.

bballmaniac15
10-23-2002, 07:39 AM
<i>low is 10 or under</i>

well i guess i dont have a low number of posts anymore :p :D

wheatus-frog-uk
10-23-2002, 08:24 AM
Thanks for your replies guys!

Im kinda happy that its not my xbox thats broken!! lol
Although i would be btter if it never happened to anybody but i guess there are always going to be some MINOR problems.

And as for the dirt disc thing, i guess there is always a chance it could be that, but i doubt it as i have only ever receieved the dirty disc message in Halo, and never on Moto GP. (Halo has not been dirty when the message has come up, but hey its another minor problem). I guess this leaves us with the other chance that it could be due to ejecting so many times. I personally after reading your replies think it is this as i had ejected alot that time.

Thanks

Dan

Duke
10-23-2002, 10:17 AM
I had the problem once too.

It was the first time I put in my Xbox Live Disc.

Actually thought it was kind of cool. At least it wasn't the usual can't read disc message.