PDA

View Full Version : Medal of honor-frontline

sojourner
10-23-2002, 07:26 AM
Can anyone tell me if the xbox version differs greatly from the ps2 version in respects to more levels,does it have co-op play, multi-player facility. From what I can see its a somewhat different mission set-up.:)

Woocifer
10-23-2002, 10:37 AM
I've read its a straight port that has been altered to include multiplayer but thats about it. I wouldnt look for anything special added to it as EA is not in the mind of helping out Microsoft with its console.

Duke
10-23-2002, 11:52 AM
Yep, from what I hear if you already have the PS2 version, no reason to by the box's.

Me, I don't so it's a must have for me.

Actually, the only reason I can think of for the xbox version is that i hate FPS on PS2. I know other people like it, but I've always felt the PS2 controller was the worst for FPS.

EHWfedPres
10-23-2002, 12:03 PM
ill pass on this game...ps2 version sucked big time.

OUberLord
10-27-2002, 10:10 PM
I thought the comp version sucked as well, but im gonna give it another try, I only played it for about 5 minutes.

killerclint
10-28-2002, 09:52 AM
i never played it before,,but it does sound to be a good game,but with all the other great games coming out MOH is just going to be a rental for me.

killerclint
10-29-2002, 02:00 PM
anyone know if MOH is out now?,,,i'am pretty sure today was it's release day,

yall
11-06-2002, 02:50 PM
its in stores fri nov 8th

studepaber
11-06-2002, 04:01 PM
Yea if it's like the PS2 version I'll pass, although if it's similar to MOH Allied Assault for the PC then it may be woth at least a rent. BTW can't wait for Spearhead expansion to come out next week!

yall
11-06-2002, 07:40 PM
i'm pretty sure its nearly identicle to the ps2 version.

Arven
11-07-2002, 09:19 AM
You guys (Duke, Woocifer, yall) are misinformed. The Xbox version is much-improved.

New OXM gave it a 9.0. Among other things, they say: "The Xbox is exactly what MoH: Frontline needed. Although it was acclaimed as a great game on the PS2, it suffered from a wildly inconsistent frame rate that often affected playability and lacked a much-needed multiplayer mode. The Xbox addresses these issues fully and the result is the fastest, smoothest, best sounding, best playing version of an already great game."

Here is more:
"Everything looks so much smoother due to a complete lack of aliasing and a framerate that is consistent and blazing fast. These two improvements really help to bring out the rich detail in the game's environments."

They mention the addition of 5.1 sound, "a rocket whizzing by your right ear and exploding just behind you," etc., then say:

"Thankfully [these improvements] weren't enough for EA. Up to four players can compete via split screen...including some suberb bombed-out cities that are perfect for sniping."

So yes, there are significant improvements here.

sojourner
11-07-2002, 10:50 AM
thanks for the help, your info is just what I wanted to here!

FuNkY mOnK
11-07-2002, 11:22 AM
But…as you know EGM p!ssed all over the Xbox version, I don’t even want to get into the details. Anyway, I’ll be getting mine tomorrow 11/8, and I know Xbox is the best version.

Woocifer
11-07-2002, 11:40 AM
One thing I want to know....is there bots in the multiplayer... cuz if there isnt, then the multiplayer will be kinda a dull scenario each time.

I need more people in the multiplayer element to feel like its actually MULTI player... Lets hope, but I bet it wont have bots. How can you have war with only 2-4 people... grrrrr

It will be that sniping/deathmatch scenario each time. That is cool and all...but gets tired soon :(

BOTS!!!!! GIVE ME ONLINE OR GIVE ME BOTS!!!! MY KINGDOM FOR A BOT!!!!...

eat snacky smores

yall
11-07-2002, 12:07 PM
Don't get me wrong I will probably get this, but the improvements aren't that significamt. The improvements are due to the fact that the xbox is faster and supports 5.1 sound. I'm miffed because there will be no live support, and the graphics, other than the frame rate, have remained largely unchanged.

LynxFX
11-07-2002, 12:14 PM
"four players can compete via split screen.....perfect for sniping."

Ummm, isn't that a bit of a contradiction?! :rolleyes:

Arven
11-08-2002, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by Lynxfx
"four players can compete via split screen.....perfect for sniping." Ummm, isn't that a bit of a contradiction?! :rolleyes:

no, I guess that's not so perfect after all...lol.

Woocifer: sorry, no bots in multiplayer from what I've seen.

Not sure if I'll be picking this up myself. I loved the first but got bored about two-thirds of the way through the second. Not sure whether I'm up for trouncing through another WWII battlefield.

DZNUTZ
11-08-2002, 05:42 PM
"four players can compete via split screen.....perfect for sniping."

Ummm, isn't that a bit of a contradiction?! :rolleyes:

nothing related to this discussion..just had to tell ya lynxfx...thats one hell of an avatar u got.

LynxFX
11-08-2002, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by DZNUTZ
nothing related to this discussion..just had to tell ya lynxfx...thats one hell of an avatar u got.
LOL, yeah I figured what the hell. EA keeps pooch screwing the Xbox. Until they release an Xbox exclusive or develope for the Xbox first then port it down to the PS2, the avatar stays. Add in Live support to that equation as well.

FuNkY mOnK
11-09-2002, 06:37 AM

LOL, yeah I figured what the hell. EA keeps pooch screwing the Xbox. Until they release an Xbox exclusive or develope for the Xbox first then port it down to the PS2, the avatar stays. Add in Live support to that equation as well.

don't worry about it, i'm sure 2003 and on will be a different tune for the xbox and EA.

bbchs_trash
11-09-2002, 11:44 AM
Single Player:

AI is stupid. If you just run out of the path of the chain gun in a room he will no longer aim at you... but where your "supposed to be". So you can just walk behind him and shoot him while he's shooting. You can shoot your own guys in the face, and they just shake it off. Then you destroy tanks with a chain gun, but grenades underneath won't do the trick. Sound effects are amazing, the Normandy Invasion was a huge dissapointment to me...

Multi-Player:

From what I've seen no Bots, and its an exact copy of 007: Agent Under Fire's multi. EA has no improvements... the sniper doesn't zoom, this is not worth buying it for if you have it for PS2.

Supposedly my friend was saying this is exactly what Allied Assault was for the PC, minus the multi-player crap. He said on PC multi was sweet. I kept saying I'm glad I'm getting it for Christmas and not wasting my money on it. Rent it first, I got through the first two levels in an hour.... very easy. Have a good time...

yall
11-10-2002, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by bbchs_trash
Single Player:

AI is stupid.

100% true. The AI is terrible

Originally posted by bbchs_trash
Single Player:

the Normandy Invasion was a huge dissapointment to me...

It wasn't bad, but the way the game reviewers talked about it, you'd think it was the best gaming experience ever.

Its an ok game, but halfway through, I've decided its probably not a keeper. I just don't see much replay value. Don't get me wrong, its not a bad game, it just didn't deserve the hype. Oh and btw, for an xbox title, the graphics flat out suck. Thanks EA.