PDA

View Full Version : Will you be getting HOTD3 & Light Gun?

Ninja Scroll
10-23-2002, 09:35 AM
Well as most of you may know, Sega's Xbox eXclusive "House Of The Dead 3" is in stores now along with MadCatz (da only damn light gun for Xbox :( ) Light Gun.

So are you going to get this shooter and it's 3rd party Gun accessory? I want it soooo bad, but im still unsure cause I have never been a supporter of 3rd Party accessories.
I cant believe Sega is not bringing their own gun out.
It's not like da School Shootings are still going down.
Yeah da Sniper is out their, but if MadCatz can make one, then so chould Sega.

Well the game looks beautiful and has been gettingkiller reviews (http://xbox.ign.com/articles/374/374825p1.html) on all gaming sites!
Im considering very strongly in scooping it up this week, what about you?

http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2002/news/10/04/hotd3_screen002.jpg
http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2002/xbox/houseofthedead3/house_screen028.jpg
http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2002/xbox/houseofthedead3/house_screen003.jpg

Spaztic
10-23-2002, 09:43 AM
I am! This game is going to own after a blunt!

thedrisc
10-23-2002, 09:47 AM
not getting this one. I have too many other games I want to get and with the holiday season around the corner cash will be tight.

I mostly want xbox live stuff(xboxlive, mech assualt, unreal championship) and splinter cell.

techie
10-23-2002, 09:57 AM
I wanted to buy it, but since you cannot use the light gun
on a HDTV, guess I'm gonna have to pass it by.

Ninja Scroll
10-23-2002, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by thedrisc
not getting this one. I have too many other games I want to get and with the holiday season around the corner cash will be tight.

I mostly want xbox live stuff(xboxlive, mech assualt, unreal championship) and splinter cell.

I feel ya drisc. Check dis out. I still aint beat Dead To Rights yet, aint played it in over a month and still on Chapter 9 of 15.
I just bought Amped ($14.97) & PRG ($19.99) and still aint open their plastic off if you can believe dat. Speaking of not opening games I own, did I meantion I got Super Mario Sunshine da day it came out (Bundle Pak from Nintendo in da mail) and still aint open dat game yet!:eek:
I got NBA2K3 (playing season mode, 18-0 with Magic on "all-star" difficulty, it's too easy foe me), still playing NFL2K3 when peeps come over, im playing RalliSport Challenge right now (got it foe $19.99 da other week) and still aint even really played my copy of Mafia on my notebook.... you wanna talk about being behind your videogames.
I dont "ink" anyone has it worse than me bro!:eek:

But I still got da earge to get this game. It's just something different ya know. A Light Gun games comes around what? Every 3-5 years!?:confused:

I have always been one dats wants to beat a game before getting another, but I dunno,...I ink im addicted to collecting videogames as I do DVD's.
I must have over 60-70 now, and only watch a handful of dem.:o

thedrisc
10-23-2002, 10:18 AM
:eek:

wow you still have not opened that many games. I am surprised you did not open mario especially after that deal you told me about. the last game I bought for xbox was nfl 2k3.

when I get some real cash I want to get this game and steal battalion. then I can setup a real arcade style station in my basment. with those two it will be better than any arcade. plus i would need two light guns. does the game support more than one? ohh I also want to pput my racing wheel down there for pgr.

Ninja Scroll
10-23-2002, 10:31 AM
:eek:

wow you still have not opened that many games. I am surprised you did not open mario especially after that deal you told me about. the last game I bought for xbox was nfl 2k3.

when I get some real cash I want to get this game and steal battalion. then I can setup a real arcade style station in my basment. with those two it will be better than any arcade. plus i would need two light guns. does the game support more than one? ohh I also want to pput my racing wheel down there for pgr.

Yeah, da game supports 2 light guns. Sega was actually running a promo to win 2 light guns at the Official HOTD3 (http://sega.com/games/post_gamegame.jhtml;jsessionid=EG4FLW2GSCPYICRSBUFCNHAKGIGRIMS5?PRODID=10077) site not to long ago.

So NFL2K3 was your last Xbox game purchase huh? Why not get NBA2K3? I love dat game.
And as for Mario, im kinda shocked I aint open it either. I was boostin dat game. Though I feel da real reason I have'nt played it is because I got it rigth around da same time I got my Dell 8200 notebook.

Back to da topic at hand,... I have not heard of any reviews for the Madcatz gun, have you or anyone else?
All I have been reading about is da reviews for da game itself.:eek:

btw, you say your money is tight, but then you go on to meantion scooping up Steal Battalion which might I add is da most expensive game ever,...right up their with those 50 pound $200.00 NeoGeo games back in da hay dayz!:cool:

thedrisc
10-23-2002, 10:45 AM
when I get some real cash I want to get this game and steal battalion

when I get some cah is after the holiday season but not before is what I meant. most of my money will be for buying gifts for my family and getting the few games I really want. I am buying my brother the limted edtion xbox bundle. he is going to love it. getting gba, ereader and animal crossing cards for the wife. man is she addicted to that game.

have not heard any reviews of the gune and I think it comes out a few days after the game release!

Ninja Scroll
10-23-2002, 12:01 PM

when I get some cah is after the holiday season but not before is what I meant. most of my money will be for buying gifts for my family and getting the few games I really want. I am buying my brother the limted edtion xbox bundle. he is going to love it. getting gba, ereader and animal crossing cards for the wife. man is she addicted to that game.

have not heard any reviews of the gune and I think it comes out a few days after the game release!

Screw buying gifts for other peeps, it's all about me,..ME, ME, ME, ME,..... and my moms!:D

Dude, I only look foe whomever looks out foe me. Plus da best thing right now foe me is dat I aint in no relationship, which means moe money, moe money, moe money foe da Ninja!:cool:

But dats cool your gonna hook yo brotha up wit da limited Xbox bundle. It's a good gift for da youngin's cause it comes with teen tyoe games!;)

EHWfedPres
10-23-2002, 12:03 PM
Well im into shooters, but im not getting it probably...

Ninja Scroll
10-23-2002, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by EHWfedPres
Well im into shooters, but im not getting it probably...

why not!?:confused: It's a Sega sequel to da best shooter series ever!

Time Crisis who!?

EHWfedPres
10-23-2002, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by Ninja Scroll

why not!?:confused: It's a Sega sequel to da best shooter series ever!

Time Crisis who!?

cause im getting Deathrow and Hitz 03 tomorrow. Plus i can pay 25 cents and play it at the arcade...and i dont really even like that one...no replay value.

Ninja Scroll
10-23-2002, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by EHWfedPres

cause im getting Deathrow and Hitz 03 tomorrow. Plus i can pay 25 cents and play it at the arcade...and i dont really even like that one...no replay value.

News flash junior! HOTD3 is an Xbox EXCLUSIVE! It was never, and will never be released in da arcades.
So if ya gonna game on it, ya gonna have to cough up da 50 beans foe it, not no quarters!

MWahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!:D

EHWfedPres
10-23-2002, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by Ninja Scroll

News flash junior! HOTD3 is an Xbox EXCLUSIVE! It was never, and will never be released in da arcades.
So if ya gonna game on it, ya gonna have to cough up da 50 beans foe it, not no quarters!

MWahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!:D

How much different could it possibly be from the pervious titles? Aim...Shoot...thats about it.

borka105
10-23-2002, 02:10 PM
Ninja, I got a feeling that this game will drop to 39.99 in about a week (prob. in a circuit city add). I recommened picking up DEATHROW right now.

I am def. gonna pick this one up, but gonna get Deathrow first.

-Borka105

EHWfedPres
10-23-2002, 02:12 PM
If you want t pick up Deathrow right now, you're gonna have to move to Austraila or hijack a shipment truck cause its not out until tomorrow.

Ninja Scroll
10-23-2002, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by borka105
Ninja, I got a feeling that this game will drop to 39.99 in about a week (prob. in a circuit city add). I recommened picking up DEATHROW right now.

-Borka105

Your probably right about da price. I will more than likely wait until da Sunday ads in da paper to see about any specials ala Best Buy, Target, Circuit City, ect.

oddworld20-3000
10-23-2002, 07:41 PM
House of The Dead 3 is coming out next OXM disc.

Hugh_Jass
10-24-2002, 12:49 AM
Originally posted by techie

Same here. Too bad.

Unreal
10-24-2002, 07:01 AM
I got the game but I do not plan on picking up a gun. When Virtua Cop 3 comes out, maybe then.

P.S. Before anyone says VC3 is not coming. It is on the Chichiro (? Spelling) Arcade board which is based on the Xbox platform. It was also semi announced it was coming home with Outrun 2 :)

Ninja Scroll
10-24-2002, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by Unreal
I got the game but I do not plan on picking up a gun. When Virtua Cop 3 comes out, maybe then.

P.S. Before anyone says VC3 is not coming. It is on the Chichiro (? Spelling) Arcade board which is based on the Xbox platform. It was also semi announced it was coming home with Outrun 2 :)

Um,..link please for da VC3 rumor.:rolleyes:

And why get da game w/o da gun? Dats like eating cereal w/ no milk.

Naaai mean!?

Spaztic
10-24-2002, 04:33 PM
Deathrow IMO is really only worth a rental or $20. Check my review under the off topic section under my post Pimp $hit!

I am currently getting HOD3! This game is going to own, when you beat the game you get to play HOD2!

Evil_Dr_Beefy
10-25-2002, 03:53 PM
I been looking forward to HOTD 3 for a while now.... I don't care what some of the reviews say....I love light gun games!!! I wonder if they are going to do a HOTD and a light gun bundle?

Ninja Scroll
10-25-2002, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by Evil_Dr_Beefy
I been looking forward to HOTD 3 for a while now.... I don't care what some of the reviews say....I love light gun games!!! I wonder if they are going to do a HOTD and a light gun bundle?

Dont hold your breath Dr. Beefy,......mmmmmmmmm beeeefy..:p

.... :confused: where was I!?:eek:

Oh,...yeah,..I doubt it, cause HOTD3 is a Sega game & the Light Gun is a 3rd Party by MadCatz.

Though if ya check da papers this weekend you might find some ads ala Best Buy, Circuit City, Target, ect. that will say something like " if da get both of these" you can get it for so and so price.

Just a possibility. Im just shocked no one like www.ebgames.com did not do such a thing.:eek:

ScorpionX
10-25-2002, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by techie

Damn :mad: