PDA

View Full Version : ign insiders...how did toe jam and earl do?

DZNUTZ
10-23-2002, 11:07 AM
anyone able to post the review
or even a quick summary.

thedrisc
10-23-2002, 11:08 AM
not good it got like a 6.3. I will find you some other info.

thedrisc
10-23-2002, 11:14 AM
yup 6.3 it is. gamespot gave it a 5.0. not looking good for this one. too bad. it could have been a good one.

from IGN

Presentation
The rapping, the FMV, and the music may be enough to turn you away. I like the dancing letters though... 4.0
Graphics
Between the sharp textures, stereotypical character models, and nasty draw-in, wait... I'm confused. 7.0
Sound
I officially annouce the creation of a new genre of music call TJ&E which is a blend of hip-hop, soul, and annoying child voices. 5.0
Gameplay
It's like grating a block of cheese the size of New York. 5.0
Lasting Appeal
If you were to hypothetically enjoy this game, then there are random levels, downloadable content, three charcters, and a multi-player mode. 7.0
OVERALL SCORE (not an average) 6.3

DZNUTZ
10-23-2002, 11:17 AM
thanx for the summary

to bad....i was hoping it would be good:(

EHWfedPres
10-23-2002, 11:22 AM
did not spark my interest at all...just looking at it i knew i wouldnt like it.

Gamespot is a bunch of biased retards anyway...

DZNUTZ
10-23-2002, 11:31 AM
yea...tru.
but unfortunatley with so many good games comming out.
if it gets bad reviews across the board...
it probably aint gonna be worth your time or money picking the so mentioned title up.

EHWfedPres
10-23-2002, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by DZNUTZ
yea...tru.
but unfortunatley with so many good games comming out.
if it gets bad reviews across the board...
it probably aint gonna be worth your time or money picking the so mentioned title up.

Who knows, just because some whackjob moron at a website says it sucks does not mean everyone on earth with dislike it as well...reviews mean NOTHING. read the first line in my sig.

EDIT: sorry, second line, the one below the link. :D

DZNUTZ
10-23-2002, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by EHWfedPres

Who knows, just because some whackjob moron at a website says it sucks does not mean everyone on earth with dislike it as well...reviews mean NOTHING. read the first line in my sig.

EDIT: sorry, second line, the one below the link. :D

yea..the one thats spelt wrong?
miss spellign in posts is understandable...but you should try and get your sig right.

and anyways...i agree that reviews aren't completley reliable...but unfortunatley i don't have the time nor money to try every single game out. so if it gets bad reviews across the board...chances are i won't be picking it up.

EHWfedPres
10-23-2002, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by DZNUTZ
miss spellign in posts is understandable...

Of course it is...:rolleyes:

Also, what's spelled wrong in my sig?

teddeboy
10-23-2002, 01:21 PM
They slammed it pretty hard. The problem with most reviewers is they probably never enjoyed the style of the first two games. They were expecting some deep game, and c'mon, it's TJ &E for Pete's sake ! One even complained that it was too random, which was one of the CORE elements of the game ! It's part of the design.

To me, it sounds like the old TJ&E games, so I'm picking it up.

teddeboy
10-23-2002, 01:24 PM
I don't know, both IGN and Gamespot's reviews are just too out of touch with reality. I prefer the ones at Adrenalinevault (www.avault.com) . They don't have any biases for or against, they just tell you what's good, what's bad, and how much they enjoyed/hated the game.

EHWfedPres
10-23-2002, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by teddeboy
They slammed it pretty hard. The problem with most reviewers is they probably never enjoyed the style of the first two games. They were expecting some deep game, and c'mon, it's TJ &E for Pete's sake ! One even complained that it was too random, which was one of the CORE elements of the game ! It's part of the design.

To me, it sounds like the old TJ&E games, so I'm picking it up.

well they must have LOVED Madden 5 years ago cause it hasnt changed much since then, hardly at all since last year, and that gets a 9 on every site and magazine...:rolleyes: what idiots

XboxGamers
10-23-2002, 01:29 PM
6.3? It still could be a good game.

Discretion
10-23-2002, 06:19 PM
:confused: :( :( :(