PDA

View Full Version : NFL2k3 questions/annoyances

Dre
10-23-2002, 03:14 PM
Ok, this is my first football game ever and I only really started watching football at the end of last season so sorry if any of this is simple stuff :D

1- In franchise mode (with Bills), I create a playbook with only the Bronco's bear formations. I load the playbook but I never have the bear formation when I go to play D. Do I need to include every single formation for this to work? (As in the 4-3, dime, etc..). I was hoping I could just add the plays in a playbook to the regular Bills playbook.

2- I have a created player thats an inside linebacker. I want him to be on kickoff and punt plays. But, I can't seem to find a way to permanently assign him to those plays! Its annoying that every game I play I have to repeat the Gameplan->Substitution->By Package->Play routine to get him in the play.

3- On XBL, does anyone know how the announcer replays will work? Will we be forced to see them? Will there not be any at all? Will they play until one of the players presses a button?

Anyhoo, help with 1 and 2 would be REALLY appreciated.

Thnx all

xboxmaster2002
10-23-2002, 03:29 PM
answer to #3 i think you can goto options and turn replays off...

Dre
10-23-2002, 04:47 PM
Another question that I have is if the player stats are updated as seasons progress. For example, Travis Henry, the bills RB, has an overall rate of 68. Will his stats such confdence, catching and all that improve as I use him? Or should I be looking for a trade? :)

See, thing is in real life, Henry shows alot of promise and his game is evolving as he's getting more and more experience. I would find it pretty cool if I could make my 2k3 Henry evolve as well. That goes for all players though. Do there stats change as they gain more experience in the NFL or have good and bad seasons, etc? Hope so..

robnyack
10-23-2002, 04:50 PM
very coolly (is "coolly" a word?), XBL does show replays (madden for the pc did not) which both players see.

But, if one does not wish to see them, you just A button past it. You can also replay any play you like and both can see it. Makes it fun reveiwing the same play with your opponant.

Discretion
10-23-2002, 06:21 PM
How is NFL 2k3 compared to Fever man? I am not sure if its worth it but I dunno...

robnyack
10-23-2002, 08:13 PM
NFL2k3 is, in my opinion, the best football game of the year. Madden is in 2nd and Fever is a distant 3rd place.

Highlite23
10-23-2002, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by robnyack
NFL2k3 is, in my opinion, the best football game of the year. Madden is in 2nd and Fever is a distant 3rd place.

DITTO;)

melon
10-23-2002, 09:27 PM
Yeah NFL 2K3 is the best, then fever and madden

Dre
10-24-2002, 05:31 PM
*BUMP*

Someones gotta know the answer to my first 2 questions...

Casper
10-24-2002, 05:57 PM
Dre, I'll check them out tonight for you.

For #2, go into Coaching Strategies and change your Roster by Formation and then do Kick Return and Punt Return...that should do it, no?

Dre
10-24-2002, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by casper
Dre, I'll check them out tonight for you.

For #2, go into Coaching Strategies and change your Roster by Formation and then do Kick Return and Punt Return...that should do it, no?

I can only find that option once a game has started. Am I just being blind? Isn't there a way to permanently assign him?

Casper
10-25-2002, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by Dre

I can only find that option once a game has started. Am I just being blind? Isn't there a way to permanently assign him?

There should be in season mode....it's not there?

JJaX
10-25-2002, 09:33 AM
I got a question, why does the ball float like a frisbee when i throw a bullet?

HAHAHAH!!! BLokes! :eek:

Casper
10-25-2002, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by JJaX
I got a question, why does the ball float like a frisbee when i throw a bullet?

HAHAHAH!!! BLokes! :eek:

And I got another one, how come your scrub ass is postin from work, but your still signed onto AIM at home :rolleyes: Where ya been sucka? ;)

DZNUTZ
10-25-2002, 09:36 AM
i knew your a weak feable lil man jjax.
try pressing on the button a lil harder.
maybe your lil sister can help you out.

JJaX
10-25-2002, 09:44 AM
Im signed on AOL at home and my Download manager is doing its thing.

DZ, dont fret, I still plan on getting 2k3 again just to whoop your ass.

Buh leed dat

Dre
10-30-2002, 02:25 PM
bump.. cuz no one can provide me with some answers! Anyone know the A's to my original Q's #1 and #2?