PDA

View Full Version : Lik sang is back with xbox mod!!!

Evil_Dr_Beefy
10-24-2002, 08:42 AM
lik sang is back, with the openbox mod chip. I don't know what happen..i guess the microsoft isn't all that powerful after all...the modchip in question is called the openbox..since it doesn't come with bios...it's 100% legal.......emulation fans can now smile again....I wonder how long it's going to last? What's microsoft next move? Since the security on the new xbox bundle has been cracked. Is there such a thing as an uncrackable xbox......Let's talk about this....What do you guys think?

Ninja Scroll
10-24-2002, 09:25 AM
Um,.. you aint sleepin on M$ are ya? Microsoft will sue dem fools until they are in a homeless shelter.

And they already said da reason they were down was because of M$. you'll see. they would be up for long.

CrazyCougar
10-24-2002, 10:57 AM
I could give 2 craps about a pirate company. Why dont you go rob a bank or something while you are promoting a company like that. Then maybe you can sit beside them in jail and talk all the mod chip talk you want to.

Dre
10-24-2002, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by CrazyCougar
I could give 2 craps about a pirate company. Why dont you go rob a bank or something while you are promoting a company like that. Then maybe you can sit beside them in jail and talk all the mod chip talk you want to.

Lik-Sang is not a pirate company. Try visiting their site. They are an online store that carries lots of hi-tech crap. Your reasoning is about the same as saying that gunshop owners are responsible for all gun-related deaths. I myself want a modchip (just waiting to see if its all good with XBL), and its not to pirate games. Its to run mp3s, divx, ETC. You know... extend the Xbox's functionality even more. Hell, there are even tons of people that are now starting to use modded Xbox's to run Linux. They should all go to jail as well? No.

So whats my point with all this? Its just to say that not everyone that has a modchip is out there to pirate games, so people might want to stop pigeonholing and generalizing the modding community.

Evil_Dr_Beefy
10-24-2002, 11:42 AM
Mmm...so do you think this is the future for mod chips....just sell them with out the bio files? Does that really make them legal? With the ruling in australia and the up coming holiday season...I wonder how microsoft is going to play this out? More lawsuits, change the motherboard and bios file again? On the one hand mod chips have been known to boost sales of some consoles, but on the other hand bootleg games might cut into xbox game sales. Microsoft needs a strong showing for the xbox this holiday season...I don't think that mod chip makers want to kill xbox, but these new bioless and nonsolder mods are changeing the scene. Should microsoft lobby congress to change the copyright laws? I think that this is the issue that xbox owners should be debateing..not worrying about some yahoo game reviewer...........

Slacker
10-24-2002, 02:03 PM
Computer and Video Gamimg Piracy Costs 3 billion a year to us consumers, you want to extend your Xbox and make it better buy a computer, I seriously Hope XBL Zaps your Xbox and fries it Dead like Direct TV does to Pirated Cards, I doubt it will or can but I can dream, Xbox needs all the Help it can get and Pirates just make it chances of making slimmer, just so some lazy Geek can play MP3's on his Xbox, just rip your music to your hardrive,

Dre
10-24-2002, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by Slacker
Computer and Video Gamimg Piracy Costs 3 billion a year to us consumers, you want to extend your Xbox and make it better buy a computer, I seriously Hope XBL Zaps your Xbox and fries it Dead like Direct TV does to Pirated Cards, I doubt it will or can but I can dream, Xbox needs all the Help it can get and Pirates just make it chances of making slimmer, just so some lazy Geek can play MP3's on his Xbox, just rip your music to your hardrive,

Duuuhhh... my name is Goerg3... my iq is faaaww(4)..

thats about how I feel after reading that slop of crap.

Spaztic
10-24-2002, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by Slacker

1. computers can't play xbox games

2. XBL beta has been tested with a modded xbox and works. M$ is going to be more involved to make sure that the software is not pirated that is being played on there network.

3. Direct TV dosn't fry your pirated card, just changes the code. All the card needs is to be reprogramed. Easy to do if you know whats going on.

4. I am playing unreal right now |3itch!