PDA

View Full Version : Deathrow Unlock question.

Highlite23
10-24-2002, 09:28 AM
For any of you who have been playing. I am in the 1st "Conquest" tournament and have finally posted a few wins earning unlock credits.

So i unlocked a few more team members who had better stats, but when i go to the match they are not available.

Odlly enough i played a "Single Match" and the new members were available.

Nothing about any of this in the manual, any clue?? Or are the unlocks only in Single play?

Thanks.;)

RudedogX
10-24-2002, 09:35 AM
No clue, since you're the first I know that has this (besides Shaggy). So, how about telling us what you think of the game so far? Thanks!:)

Highlite23
10-24-2002, 09:50 AM
The gods honest truth........

The 1st time i popped it in I was awed by the Intro scene, then the game started and i said to myself, WTF? I was expecting more of a fighting game than a "Sport" BUT............

I went back to it last night and really took the time to get the gameplay and controls down, and i gotta say it's a FRIKIN' BLAST!!

Multi-player fans will eat this one up if they give it a shot.

4 hours went by in a flash, as it turns out this game is very deep. You can "Train" members of your team to better their stats, you can buy steroids for obviouse reasons, no weapons but you can beat the livin' snot out of the goal keeper to clear a path for a score.

The graphics are great, the sounds are cool, the dialoge is perfect for a "Death" sport ("I'm gonna fu*kin kick your ass !!"-This is a Rockstar game and the F word is all over)

Again, there is alot more than meets the eye here, that kinda worries me. I usually give games a fair shot no matter what my 1st impression is, hopefully i can get a few more hours played and post an officail review to help out.

RudedogX
10-24-2002, 10:04 AM
Thanks highlite! I think that review just sealed it...I'm getting this game. By the way, it says that you're a beta tester. Are you going to put your gamertag up? I'm set to be one starting Saturday or Monday and would love to compete against other XBAers!;)

studepaber
10-24-2002, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by highlite23
For any of you who have been playing. I am in the 1st "Conquest" tournament and have finally posted a few wins earning unlock credits.

So i unlocked a few more team members who had better stats, but when i go to the match they are not available.

Odlly enough i played a "Single Match" and the new members were available.

Nothing about any of this in the manual, any clue?? Or are the unlocks only in Single play?

Thanks.;)

Okay, first off I'd like to say that this game owns and kept me up until the wee hours of last night, it's VERY addictive but at first I was a tad frustrated with it. I recommend all to play in action mode and to defnitely play the tutorial at least once. There are so many unlockables in this game its unreal. Well to answer your question I believe when you unlock players that just means you can play them in single/multiplayer (exhibition mode) but to get those players in conquest mode you need to buy them with the 'other' credits you get in the game. Although the same can't be said about unlocking teams, those ARE able to be selected when you start a conquest mode. Hope this helps!

Highlite23
10-24-2002, 03:46 PM
studepaber, i think your right. I remember something like that poping up somewhere, "Would you like to have ?? on your team" something like that with an amount. Thanks.

And rudedogx, not yet on the gametag, I currently don't have a broadband connection, but they tell me it will be available very soon. God willing by Nov.:)