PDA

View Full Version : How low will online reviewers(Gamespot) score Splinter Cell?

dougi3000
10-24-2002, 11:28 AM
scenario:
Reviewed as an Xbox game: This game lacks multiplayer, requires Xbox live for downloadable content, weird camera angles, spy accessories are just gimmicks, game is too slow, not enough firefights, too little health, too open ended, too hard, not enough 10min cinematics, load times are too short, graphics are too good, no rocket launcher, no gibbing, no sword play, too many details to find and read, AI is too smart. This game is another miss for Xbox. 2.1/10 (not an average)

Reviewed as a PS2 game: This game totally rocks, Best graphics seen so far, shadows are very slick, tons of spy gadgets, very stealthy gameplay, No unrealistic weaponry, tons of game with very little filler, AI is smart. The lack of multiplayer, HDTV, Dolby digital, internet downloads, doesn't make this game bad, THIS GAME IS A MUST HAVE. 150/10 (not an average)

Dre
10-24-2002, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by dougi3000
scenario:
Reviewed as an Xbox game: This game lacks multiplayer, requires Xbox live for downloadable content, weird camera angles, spy accessories are just gimmicks, game is too slow, not enough firefights, too little health, too open ended, too hard, not enough 10min cinematics, load times are too short, graphics are too good, no rocket launcher, no gibbing, no sword play, too many details to find and read, AI is too smart. This game is another miss for Xbox. 2.1/10 (not an average)

Reviewed as a PS2 game: This game totally rocks, Best graphics seen so far, shadows are very slick, tons of spy gadgets, very stealthy gameplay, No unrealistic weaponry, tons of game with very little filler, AI is smart. The lack of multiplayer, HDTV, Dolby digital, internet downloads, doesn't make this game bad, THIS GAME IS A MUST HAVE. 150/10 (not an average)

lol, funny! But isn't it Xbox only with a later PC release?

Remember E3 though? EVERYONE was giving this game mad props. I can't wait to get my hands on it!!!

Evil_Dr_Beefy
10-24-2002, 12:27 PM
Looks like a must buy game...:) The force is strong with this one...:)

BlubberBuns
10-24-2002, 12:50 PM
Let's see here, if Jeff Gerstman does the review, I'd guess, 7.8 ... figuring that he said Hitman 2 and Timesplitters were 8.6-8.8 or something like that, and they were the best FPS ever. Pretty sure that's what he said. Dunno, maybe the score is a little high for him though.

Afro Aura
10-24-2002, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by Dre

lol, funny! But isn't it Xbox only with a later PC release?

Remember E3 though? EVERYONE was giving this game mad props. I can't wait to get my hands on it!!!
It will be exclusive for a time but then it'll be moving over to that less superior machine

and your right I bet the XBOX will get the worst score from both Gamespot and IGN:(

Woocifer
10-24-2002, 01:19 PM
Gamespot actually has an article about the latest build that was given to them...they said it was awesome.

Though I still think this thread is damn ass funny, I can't see anyone scoring this game too low...its pushing the boundaries of the lighting in Xbox and is throwing its cards down betting against games like Metal Gear Solid...me thinks I smell a Royal Flush coming...mmmmmm smooth like poo

Angell
10-24-2002, 01:48 PM
I cant wait for this game.... going to be awsome!

Slacker
10-24-2002, 01:53 PM
Splinter Cell is only Xbox and PC , Xboxgamers.com had an article on it

UbiSoft Makes It Exclusive
This year, developers such as UbiSoft and Konami have changed the meaning of exclusive. Their dictionary states that any game that comes out first on a system and all the other consoles 3 months later means that the first console has the game as an exclusive. Of coarse, that’s not the true meaning of exclusive but iit seems that UbiSoft may be changing its mind with the PS2 and GC versions of Splinter Cell. It seems that Mr Fisher will be sneaking onto Xbox, and become a console exclusive for our beloved box! Good news all around then! J

Link to article (http://www.xboxgamers.com/newspro/fullnews.cgi?newsid1034978740,1663,)

It does say MAY be making it Exclusive but in an interview the makers seemed kinda laughing about the Idea of a PS2 Version

Piccolo_DBz
10-24-2002, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by dougi3000
scenario:

hehe sounds like a gamespot.com review :D

Unreal
10-24-2002, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by Woocifer
Gamespot actually has an article about the latest build that was given to them...they said it was awesome.

They did the same with ToeJam & Earl 3. They were praising it and look at the review they gave that. :mad:

Afro Aura
10-24-2002, 04:33 PM
THE DAMN FOOLS these people in these places, there seem to contradict themselfs to often bloody fools

as you said they where hyping up Toe Jam and Earl then gave it a bad review

odpr
10-25-2002, 10:45 AM
they will give it eighty nine or something...

it's a really good game same spot won't make foll of themselvs u will see...

y2kash_14
10-25-2002, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by odpr
they will give it eighty nine or something...

it's a really good game same spot won't make foll of themselvs u will see...

8.9, not 89 ;)