PDA

View Full Version : Is It True, The New XBOX's Will Have The NEW DVD Drive 1.1?

DOOM
10-24-2002, 08:01 PM
I Heard The New XBOX's Will Have The NEW DVD Drive 1.1?
I Heard This New Drive Will Be Included, Starting With the New Sega Bundles XBOX...
Just Wondering If This Was True...
Thanks!

:)

Xbox Owner
10-24-2002, 08:20 PM
:confused:

Dre
10-24-2002, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by DOOM
I Heard The New XBOX's Will Have The NEW DVD Drive 1.1?
I Heard This New Drive Will Be Included, Starting With the New Sega Bundles XBOX...
Just Wondering If This Was True...
Thanks!

:)

Whats a "NEW DVD Drive 1.1"? I've never heard of it b4. Is it a faster speed?

DOOM
10-24-2002, 08:33 PM
I Hear they are using a new Samsung drive that can read all CD-R and CD-RW media. Making it easier to get homemade audio cd's imported as soundtracks. I Have Allready Got Peeps At Me Shop Trading In Their Older Xbox For New Ones...
Go Figure?!?
Sounds Coolz!
:eek:

Dre
10-24-2002, 08:39 PM
I Hear they are using a new Samsung drive that can read all CD-R and CD-RW media. Making it easier to get homemade audio cd's imported as soundtracks. I Have Allready Got Peeps At Me Shop Trading In Their Older Xbox For New Ones...
Go Figure?!?
Sounds Coolz!
:eek:

Ok, well I know this for a fact. My friend just bought the Sega bundle and it does not read CDR's. He was complaining to me today that he couldn't rip burnt audio cds onto the hard-drive. I let him know that only CDRW's work. He bought his Sega bundle about a week ago now...

DOOM
10-24-2002, 08:44 PM
they are using a new Samsung drive that can read all CD-R and CD-RW media. Making it easier to get homemade audio cd's imported as soundtracks

Problems With Drive 1.0:

1.The original drives inability to read most CDR's correctly was not a design choice , it had more to do with the lazer calibration required for the cheaper drive.

2.Dirty Disk errors are 99% of the time not due to the disk being dirty as many should already know , again this is due to poor voltage calibration capabilities of the cheaper drive.

The NEW Drives 1.1 Are Suposed To Correct These Issues...

Dre
10-24-2002, 08:47 PM
they are using a new Samsung drive that can read all CD-R and CD-RW media. Making it easier to get homemade audio cd's imported as soundtracks

Problems With Drive 1.0:

1.The original drives inability to read most CDR's correctly was not a design choice , it had more to do with the lazer calibration required for the cheaper drive.

2.Dirty Disk errors are 99% of the time not due to the disk being dirty as many should already know , again this is due to poor voltage calibration capabilities of the cheaper drive.

The NEW Drives 1.1 Are Suposed To Correct These Issues...

Sounds like a nice upgrade!

DarkPhoenix
10-24-2002, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by Dre

Ok, well I know this for a fact. My friend just bought the Sega bundle and it does not read CDR's. He was complaining to me today that he couldn't rip burnt audio cds onto the hard-drive. I let him know that only CDRW's work. He bought his Sega bundle about a week ago now...

I think you got it wrong...it's normally CDRW's that don't work...CDR's do work.

Dre
10-24-2002, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by DarkPhoenix

I think you got it wrong...it's normally CDRW's that don't work...CDR's do work.

Hmm.. maybe you've just been lucky with your CDR's and unlucky with your CDRW's. I'm 100% positive that its generally CDRW's that work and its CDR's that have more difficulties being read.

Professor Kaos
10-24-2002, 09:39 PM
ive never had ne cd that ive burned to work in teh xbox.

GokuX
10-24-2002, 09:47 PM
I've never had CDRW problems with my XBox . I've used all sorts of em. Guess it's luck of the draw eh?

Whoopage
10-24-2002, 11:08 PM
the only ones that have ever worked for me have been CD-RWs.....CD-R haven't ever worked for me

ZooLaBuS
10-24-2002, 11:59 PM
Only CDRW's worked for me.

Anyway when is it going to be out!!

DOOM
10-25-2002, 08:26 AM
Its Out Nowz!!!!!

Casper
10-25-2002, 09:14 AM
Its Out Nowz!!!!!

Doom, my friend just bought one of the new ones and your right, they are new. Another nice change that is noticed from the get go is that the games now have a little more room to slide in. Rather than going in snug like the older ones, they can now slide in because it's more like a canyon-style, if you get what I'm saying (cuz now I'm lost :D). Anyways, I'll try out the CD-R thing this weekend, cuz previously, I was only able to burn CD-RW's

DOOM
10-26-2002, 12:06 AM
Thats Cool... I Sold Six XBOX Sega Bundles Today!!!!
XBOX Is Rocking!!!:)

XBX_Junior_XBX
10-26-2002, 12:09 AM
i don't know but i think even if they don't update to the latest version, it still a great dvd driver. I mean i never had a problem playing any kinda of dvd!! : P

ARONO129
10-26-2002, 12:28 AM
I just bought the Sega Xbox bundle and would like to know if anyone has a link to the suspected upgrades?

Heavens Gate
10-26-2002, 08:50 AM
I am not buying that theory. Microsoft is REDUCING the quality of the Xbox with cheaper parts to gain alittle profit.I think the drives they put in will be of less quality than anything. After I read this post I walked into Gamestop and had my friend who works there try several different burned music cd's and none worked on all 3 boxes. Kinda like the expensive vcr's with all metal parts with plastic ones. I'll stick with my more durable older box. Look at the drive in the PS2. It's crap. The newer boxes are no different than the older ones except for the fact that they use cheaper parts.

Master Gracey
10-26-2002, 08:59 AM
Originally posted by DarkPhoenix

I second that... I haven't had a single CD-R work, but all my RW discs work just fine.

Sweet info, guys!!! It's nice to know they hadn't planned to block the use of any media on the Xbox... I had always assumed they meant to block all writeable media, but CD-RW's somehow slipped by and they'd remove the capability with the next version.

Liquid Fury
10-26-2002, 11:17 AM
My system does read CD R's and the DVD Drive has 2 extra holes in look like they no function at all.

ARONO129
10-26-2002, 05:40 PM
MS told me that they have no info about this and that it must be a rumor. Doesn't matter to me because the Xbox is awesome.

Caesar SYN
10-26-2002, 06:52 PM
Me and Casper will compare systems...I've got a diff. one than his just we haven't had the two together to compare...