View Full Version : my local newspaper bashes xbox

DZNUTZ
10-25-2002, 01:12 PM
what an idiot.
this guys knows NOTHING!

http://www.montereyherald.com/mld/mcherald/living/4366540.htm

RudedogX
10-25-2002, 01:20 PM
You're right! He's an idiot. How can he say that there are no exclusives that are causing a buzz when you have games like deathrow, shenmue 2, tekki (though some won't go for it b/c of the price), sudeki:p , etc...

edit.. and that's not even mentioning XBOXLive.

Whoopage
10-25-2002, 01:29 PM
ok...that was just g @y.....

some people are just really stupid....

Chaotic
10-25-2002, 01:53 PM
what an idiot :rolleyes:

No Fear 23
10-25-2002, 05:27 PM
i hope that idiot dies

FuNkY mOnK
10-25-2002, 06:54 PM
It's jack a ss's like this guy that brings out the fanboy in me. take it from me, Microsoft is not known for dabbling in a product, it see's what it wants and it stops at nothing to get. In 2 to 3 years Microsoft will own most if not all the game developers including sega. Sony is done for in 2005 or will not be so relaxed in the reaping of the harvest. Go Microsoft!

bballmaniac15
10-25-2002, 07:15 PM
No great exclusives?!?!: Halo, JSRF, PGR, Morrowind... (dont wanna name the rest)

How could anyone compare with xbox's christmas list?: UC, XBOX LIVE!!!, Ghost Recon, Mechassault, SPLINTER CELL!!!, etc., etc., etc.

ps2's christmas list: GTA:VC,....... yea thats bout it

GC's christmas list: Metroid Prime ................ yea thats bout it

Knight
10-25-2002, 07:21 PM
California the land of idiots and pot heads!!

EHWfedPres
10-25-2002, 07:26 PM
LOL, I bet that retard dosent even know what Microsoft is...:rolleyes:

AmpedRider
10-26-2002, 09:03 AM
what a dumb@ss

robnyack
10-26-2002, 09:07 AM
the guy is g @y? how do you know that?

kachingtensor
10-26-2002, 10:05 AM
When these Big Media sh*tbags can't get at Microsoft like they want to (for political reasons) they go after the "kids" who support Xbox gaming. F*ck those pieces of sh*t.
Did you read this POS LATimes article?? He quotes one disgruntled programmer, two or three obviously anti-MS "analysts", and throws in a suspiciously anonymous quote from a "publishing exec" --- I suspect that that one, for sure, is a complete fabrication.

Welcome to post-modern journalistic ethics 101, my friends. It's actually a serious and sad lack of ethics on those "journalists'" part. Xbox bashing is something that identifies a sad excuse for a human being right away.:mad:

kevgt2000
10-26-2002, 10:25 AM
bundle i did this week now im playing 8 people on halo and using sys link for ts2 also and deathrow when i pick up 2 copies..

it s a great deal nothing wrong with 2 xbox 'x linked :)

just keep spreading the word on the xbox. what a great system it is . which it is!!!!!!!!!!!!

Evil_Dr_Beefy
10-27-2002, 09:31 AM
LOL:)

Squidpie
10-27-2002, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by DZNUTZ
what an idiot.
this guys knows NOTHING!

http://www.montereyherald.com/mld/mcherald/living/4366540.htm

I totally agree with ya :confused: (checks forehead to see if shes runnin a fever or somethin)

Might know that they would actually quote someone from Gamespot to back up what they are sayin...imagine that :rolleyes:

POD13259
10-28-2002, 08:14 PM
What a flaming ***...

egg
10-28-2002, 08:28 PM
Why does everyone think M$ is trying to beat Sony... Geeeez.. Whatever!! I think i could point out at least 20 things I disgree with... EVERYONE>> ITS EMAIL TIME>>>> :eek:

wweomaniac
10-28-2002, 08:45 PM
I agree that there is a lack of games out there ready to attract new gamers, but I do think that Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance will attract a lot of NEW gamers to xbox (though its not exclusive.. it is this holiday season)

Perhaps Spliter Cell will be a major hit. It very well could be the single player third person gaem XBox is missing. Sure Dead to Rights was amazing, but it really didn't get popular... but I think Spliter Cell has the potential to get as popular as (let's say) Devil May Cry for Ps2.

Unreal Championship may also attract a few eyes due to the publicity surrounding Tournament 2k2... but those are the only three I really see... and its a bit mixed.

I don't get it... it isn't that great for Nintendo either. They only have Metroid... they can count Mario Sunshine out of the picture as well as Star Fox for selling consoles as their sales have already dropped.

I see HIGH HIGH HIGH potential for PS2 and GTA 4.

I'm not counting xbox out, but its not as bad as the journalist is setting it out to be. And I think it was inappropriate for the journalist to mention the guy who hates his XBox at the beginning. I know some of my friends don't like their PS2s... they just get tired of it.

I hoep someone actually reads this and absorbs a bit of my opinions and sees why I think this.

Leviathon
10-29-2002, 09:55 AM
I agree that the articl DZ pointed out was garbage. A literal piece of trash. However I do believe that M$ needs to advertise more and more. I can't tell you how many times I saw the commercial for Metroid Prime on tv last night for GC. And evertime I see a game that is on multiple platforms, it always seems to show PS2 in big letters and theres the green x down at the bottom next to GC.

M$ needs to advertise XBL and show gamers what it is capable of doing. A 30 second spot with 8 people playing "Unreal" 4 vs. 4. and then at the end show the world that they are playing at opposite coasts. OMG You know how much intrest that would fire up.

Mega Gamer
10-29-2002, 10:26 AM
Good god, whata F***en dumbass. I want to kil that guy!:mad:

Knight
10-29-2002, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by Leviathon
I agree that the articl DZ pointed out was garbage. A literal piece of trash. However I do believe that M$ needs to advertise more and more. I can't tell you how many times I saw the commercial for Metroid Prime on tv last night for GC. And evertime I see a game that is on multiple platforms, it always seems to show PS2 in big letters and theres the green x down at the bottom next to GC.

M$ needs to advertise XBL and show gamers what it is capable of doing. A 30 second spot with 8 people playing "Unreal" 4 vs. 4. and then at the end show the world that they are playing at opposite coasts. OMG You know how much intrest that would fire up.

Microsoft better make a TVad for Mech Assault and I hope they make a TVad that show Superman: Man of steel and bashes that other Superman game!!

wweomaniac
10-29-2002, 03:10 PM
I havent seen one metroid ad ever. Its all about when you watch TV.

MS shouldn't need to advertise more then any other games for other consoles.

Word of mouth should be its biggest method of gaining publicity for its games. Word of mouth.

Word of mouth is a big reason why a lot of my friends have an XBox.