PDA

View Full Version : THPS4 - It's f'n awesome!

Xbox Owner
10-25-2002, 03:48 PM
Holy hell dude! I just bought it, it's so sweet. You all should get it, or atleast rent it...

mitchrules1
10-25-2002, 03:52 PM
Ok thx for the input. i will go rent it right now

hook-worm J
10-25-2002, 04:00 PM
Whats so good about it? How is the career mode and mini games? Whats new? Whats improved?

I'm debating if I should buy it or not.....

Xbox Owner
10-25-2002, 04:42 PM
lol, sorry i didn't tell you guys about it, it didn't play it much. but now i did. the best thing is by far the carer mode. It so ****ing awesome. lol. you have to go up to people.. (theres about 16people on each level) and you they tell you to do goals. but you're never timed, unless you do goals. so it's like free skate, practicly. until you get a goal. every goal you get has different time. easy ones range from 15-45, and normals are about 2 mins. the first level is really cool. its a college campus. and its just fun, lol. oh and the new bails (falls) are really cool. there is a few negitives though:

you can't run into people and knock them down. (same as the girls, they can't knock you down.) athough you can take some people down, in goals.

if you get hit by a car, you just bounce, not falling.:(

I never tried the creat a skater/create a park yet...

The graphics are pretty nice, too..the blood is the only thing that doesn't look as good as last versions..

the xbox controller makes it seem pretty fun to me, lol. the second level is pretty fun too. it's san fransico i think. damn power went out because of a power surge, because i have this little electrical heater, which supposidly takes up a lot of electriciy, and my mom was running the sweeper.:mad:

oh yea, and everyone knows how they have those little actavision signs at the beginging when there is a skater or something...on this one, theres a ape (very realistic looking..) picks the eyeball thing out of it's nose. hehe..

anyway, it's a pretty cool game, i highly sugguest you buying/renting it.

DZNUTZ
10-25-2002, 04:50 PM
lol...u said "sweeper"...

do you drink "pop" when u play video games?

Xbox Owner
10-25-2002, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by DZNUTZ
lol...u said "sweeper"...

do you drink "pop" when u play video games?

lmao. yea.

pop in pittsburgh means soda

what does sweeper mean to the rest of you? vacum?:D :cool:

DZNUTZ
10-25-2002, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by Xbox Owner

lmao. yea.

yes...we call it vacum. what its supossed to be called.

LMAO..sweeper...that still cracks me up:D

xb_jim
10-25-2002, 05:24 PM
is it only people in the north that call soda, "pop"?

my dads from wisconsin.. they all call it pop, but i grew up in hawaii and they called it soda.. same as people here in Fl.

hook-worm J
10-25-2002, 05:24 PM
sweeper? LMAO!!
pop is understandable, but sweeper? hahaha!

anyway, I think I'll give it a try, dunno about buying it though. Are there any new tricks or special combos?

Casper
10-25-2002, 05:32 PM
Hey XO, before I go sweep the carpet, is this XBL compatible? I mean it is a beat to death series, but I still wouldn't mind giving it a shot if it's on XBL...but eh....let me know :)

Slacker
10-25-2002, 05:32 PM
"Sweeper" you mean Hoovering??? .....No I don't say Hoovering its from England , I picked it up from a Toy Dolls album, Hey theres a Toy Dolls song on THPS4 so it all ties together, I say "Sucker thing that women use" .......no not really I say vacum :)

smack119
10-25-2002, 05:44 PM

lmao. yea.

in buffalo they say pop too, it bugs me cuz in from downstate NY near NYC....people always are arguing over "pop and "soda"

mitchrules1
10-25-2002, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by casper
Hey XO, before I go sweep the carpet, is this XBL compatible? I mean it is a beat to death series, but I still wouldn't mind giving it a shot if it's on XBL...but eh....let me know :)

It is NOT XBL that sucks

Casper
10-25-2002, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by smack119

in buffalo they say pop too, it bugs me cuz in from downstate NY near NYC....people always are arguing over "pop and "soda"

Pssst....that's why upstate sucks, like the Bills...well, I'm upstate from NYC, but your WAAAAAYYY the hell up there ;)

Professor Kaos
10-25-2002, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by xb_jim
is it only people in the north that call soda, "pop"?

my dads from wisconsin.. they all call it pop, but i grew up in hawaii and they called it soda.. same as people here in Fl.
im from wisconsin and i call it soda not pop.

carlbme
10-25-2002, 05:54 PM

Pssst....that's why upstate sucks, like the Bills...well, I'm upstate from NYC, but your WAAAAAYYY the hell up there ;)

Where in NY are you from casper?

Casper
10-25-2002, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by carlbme

Where in NY are you from casper?

New Paltz, but grew up in Newburgh. I'm 1/2 way in between NYC and Albany....right near West Point, which you should be familiar with. You from here?

carlbme
10-25-2002, 06:18 PM
I know West Point, I actually know a few that went to that place.

Thankfully I didn't, LOL.

Never heard of the place though. Reason I asked is because my wife is from upstate. *Utica area*

smack119
10-25-2002, 06:21 PM

New Paltz, but grew up in Newburgh. I'm 1/2 way in between NYC and Albany....right near West Point, which you should be familiar with. You from here?

i live in montgomery NY, when in not at college, it is right next to newburg and new paltz

Casper
10-25-2002, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by carlbme
I know West Point, I actually know a few that went to that place.

Thankfully I didn't, LOL.

Never heard of the place though. Reason I asked is because my wife is from upstate. *Utica area*

Yeah, that's a few hours from me I think....too much snow up there :D

Originally posted by smack119

i live in montgomery NY, when in not at college, it is right next to newburg and new paltz

:eek: That's DAM close man :D

So, umm...when did you graduate from VC? ;)

I graduated from NFA (I'm sure you know where that is) in 95...and played against Matt Morris...

Dude, when you get back home...we should hook up :)

Xbox Owner
10-25-2002, 08:09 PM
lol.

i just played thps4 for 4 hours..my eyes hurt.

im half way through the game, it's really sweet..:cool:

Variation-XBA
10-25-2002, 09:25 PM
Im geting mine for PS2 :)

Sorrym but for tony, PS2 controllers cant be beat:)

Leo
10-25-2002, 09:27 PM
YAY!

In THPS 4 you can make much bigger levels and even pust your own goals in your own park! !

sick! I wil rent it. I pre-orederd Grand Theft Auto Vice City for PS2 so I am waiting for it! That's why I am not buying THPS 4. Vice City should be out in 28 or 29 october 2002!

Boju
10-26-2002, 02:08 PM
YEA MAN!!!!!

its sick!

i just bought it today....and i just started to play the game......everything is soo cool......i can just tell its gonna be one of those games im never gonna get sick of!

i love the idea of having to go around a talk to people....and the stuff you have to do is awsome!

i love the game....and ive only played like 30 mins of it!

later!

Xbox Owner
10-26-2002, 03:24 PM
dude! you can play baseball, dodge ball, egg catch, baseball, and you get to ludge (sp? ) it's so badASS!

smack119
10-26-2002, 03:42 PM

Yeah, that's a few hours from me I think....too much snow up there :D

:eek: That's DAM close man :D

So, umm...when did you graduate from VC? ;)

I graduated from NFA (I'm sure you know where that is) in 95...and played against Matt Morris...

Dude, when you get back home...we should hook up :)

graduated in 99. i know who Matt is though......i think everyone at VC does. maybe ill see you on live sometime.

Boju
10-26-2002, 04:14 PM
dude! you can play baseball, dodge ball, egg catch, baseball, and you get to ludge (sp? ) it's so badASS!

yea.........is this all in the first level?
cuz i have only luged......and thats it.....lol
but i have only played like 30 mins

later

Xbox Owner
10-26-2002, 04:27 PM
Tenis is on the first level, and so is ludge. On the thrid/fourth level, you can play baseball. There's think thing called mysterious voice, and it's a ghost when you play baseball, and then there is a big loop thing on the same level, where you jump of into the river into a big target. (The goal is from the same dude as jackass! Bam Mera (sp) so I guess that's where they get that from?) On the Zoo level, there is Poo Dodge. (You have to go in the Girapgh (SP!) part, and there is a door open on the back side. And then when you go into the bird place, there is a nest on the ground, so you press A on it, and it will ask you if you want to play.

On the Zoo, does anyone know how to open the aquarium?! I have no clue how to open it..:(

MixMasta
10-26-2002, 04:38 PM
i might buy it.....and i hate when people say pop!!! i live in mi, and everyone here says it, but when i used to live in maryland, noone said it, and now i say it when im on vacation, and i get made fun of.....:(

heres my dillema, im definitely buying splinter cell and unreal...

ghost recon or tony hawk?? maybe ill get both, but i dont know if i have the money.....maybe ill trade some games in!

Shorezy
10-26-2002, 04:44 PM
Thanks for the info dude. But i'm a little sick of THPS. Great games i do admit, and i will end up renting it, but that's it. This game won't be a part of my shelf.

Xbox Owner
10-26-2002, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by halo_11
Thanks for the info dude. But i'm a little sick of THPS. Great games i do admit, and i will end up renting it, but that's it. This game won't be a part of my shelf.

I was too, but this one is TOTALLY different, I mean, TOTALLY! The graphics look a lot different. ( Some better/some worst ) Way better levels, and a AWESOME career mode! It's so freaking awesome, I bet when you rent it, you'll buy it, it's just that good.:) :cool:

Caesar SYN
10-27-2002, 01:12 AM
Ny Hudson Valley Area here too.. THE BURGH.. lol Maybe we will all have a Hudson Valley Live Room..