PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft's "Leviathan Project" & The XBL Conspiracy

Acid Snow
10-27-2002, 10:04 PM
The following is written by me, I just put One and One together...

The XBL Conspiracy:
I read an article some time back about Microsoft possibly initializing a scheme that would totally block out unauthorized (pirated, user produced) software, through a global network monitor (GNM) that reads your computer’s software, and can easily detect if you are running illegal software (a.k.a. not scripted by Microsoft’s programmers).

My speculation on Microsoft's project is great at this point but dwindling with time, I have recognized Microsoft's XBox-Live (XBL) service as a possible “global host” to the for running program of the "Leviathan Project" (I believe I am wrong on its name). With Microsoft's XBox console going global, and with the zealous efforts to push for the XBL service all over the world. Thus, establishing hosting server clusters all round the world. I wonder if in 8 years or more, after a successful span of XBox users have "INVESTED" in the XBL service, what would keep Microsoft from not shutting down the XBL service and suddenly convert these "Global-XBL-Server-Clusters" to play a HOST to the "Leviathan Project." Essentially we (the XBox users) may be paying Microsoft for its future world network and what better way to start a Global-Network then have something to pay for its construction (XBox gamers). Thus giving Microsoft that much MORE EASE to launch the "Leviathan Project" over night.

Microsoft is the worlds biggest corporation in world, and is estimated that by 2006 Microsoft will have a net worth of $90 Billion. So what’s stopping them?

This is just my brain putting one and one together, "The XBL Conspiracy".

I know I just got some brains working out there... So give me your thoughs on what I wrote above.

P.S. Some one please correct the name of the "Leviathan Project;" because I am sure it is the wrong name. This Topic was inspired by "Royals" topic: http://forum.xbox365.com/ubb-data/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=008272

Hugh_Jass
10-27-2002, 10:51 PM
doubtful

Slacker
10-27-2002, 11:01 PM
of course, they need Xbox as a Gateway so there xbox/ultimate TV/tivo/CD/DVD machine they are building so you can download Movies an TV shows ..ect.... they want in your living room

Dre
10-27-2002, 11:06 PM
Riiiiiiiiiiiigggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhtttttttttt............

Acid Snow
10-28-2002, 12:09 AM
Dre: "Riiiiiiiiiiiigggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhtttttttttt............"

LOL!

Variation-XBA
10-28-2002, 12:58 AM
Originally posted by Acid Snow
I read an article some time back about Microsoft possibly initializing a scheme that would totally block out unauthorized (pirated, user produced) software, through a global network monitor (GNM) that reads your computer’s software, and can easily detect if you are running illegal software (a.k.a. not scripted by Microsoft’s programmers).

Good, I hope thats true

smack119
10-28-2002, 07:27 AM
they will then change their moto to "microsoft......We Own You!

Leviathon
10-28-2002, 09:31 AM
I'm the only Leviathon project around here......

Acid Snow
10-28-2002, 11:27 AM
lol leviathon!

Snoopy7548
10-28-2002, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by Acid Snow
The following is written by me, I just put One and One together...

The XBL Conspiracy:

My speculation on Microsoft's project is great at this point but dwindling with time, I have recognized Microsoft's XBox-Live (XBL) service as a possible “global host” to the for running program of the "Leviathan Project" (I believe I am wrong on its name). With Microsoft's XBox console going global, and with the zealous efforts to push for the XBL service all over the world. Thus, establishing hosting server clusters all round the world. I wonder if in 8 years or more, after a successful span of XBox users have "INVESTED" in the XBL service, what would keep Microsoft from not shutting down the XBL service and suddenly convert these "Global-XBL-Server-Clusters" to play a HOST to the "Leviathan Project." Essentially we (the XBox users) may be paying Microsoft for its future world network and what better way to start a Global-Network then have something to pay for its construction (XBox gamers). Thus giving Microsoft that much MORE EASE to launch the "Leviathan Project" over night.

Microsoft is the worlds biggest corporation in world, and is estimated that by 2006 Microsoft will have a net worth of $90 Billion. So what’s stopping them?

This is just my brain putting one and one together, "The XBL Conspiracy".

I know I just got some brains working out there... So give me your thoughs on what I wrote above.

P.S. Some one please correct the name of the "Leviathan Project;" because I am sure it is the wrong name. This Topic was inspired by "Royals" topic: http://forum.xbox365.com/ubb-data/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=008272

what are you stoned or stupid?

FuNkY mOnK
10-28-2002, 01:47 PM
Wtf are you talking about?!? Now your name makes sense acid snow, a lethal combination.

Professor Kaos
10-28-2002, 07:05 PM
before we know it, our xbox will have tinny jet packs that let it fly at the speed of light adn they will fly to an unknow location to b inspected of mod chips. or the disks will become bombs and any xbox with a chip will explode.:)