PDA

View Full Version : TransWorld Snowboarding Shipped Sunday, October 27th, 2002

Bakeman
10-28-2002, 05:19 AM
HUH???

TransWorld Snowboarding Shipped Sunday, October 27th, 2002

HUH???

I saw this game at my local Target on Friday night.

So anyways...

Anyone have the game? How do you like it? I'll be renting it when I can (hopefully soon). Would like your input on the game to hold me over until I get to play it. Thanks :D

Carnage
10-28-2002, 10:34 AM
Ive had the game for about a week now. Its pretty good. If you liked Amped, youll love this.
Once you completely beat one of the characters, the game does become a little repetative.. but its still a fun experience :)

Bakeman
10-28-2002, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by Carnage
Ive had the game for about a week now. Its pretty good. If you liked Amped, youll love this.
Once you completely beat one of the characters, the game does become a little repetative.. but its still a fun experience :)

Amped was pretty decent game. Are the grahpics greatly approved from the other snowboarding games on the xbox?

And I take it since you kinda compared it to Amped that Transworld snowboarding isn't the arcady type of boarding game?

MerimacHamwich
10-28-2002, 01:14 PM
It is somewhat arcady and it has wonderous graphics.

Carnage
10-28-2002, 03:13 PM
If you consider pulling quad backflips, and landing 100+ meter jumps arcadey, then yes, Transworld is pretty arcadey.

But Amped wasnt all that realistic either.
As far as im concerned, a realistic extreme sports game, is a bore.
Take THPS for example; its far from realistic, but its damn fun :)

Bakeman
10-28-2002, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by Carnage
If you consider pulling quad backflips, and landing 100+ meter jumps arcadey, then yes, Transworld is pretty arcadey.

But Amped wasnt all that realistic either.
As far as im concerned, a realistic extreme sports game, is a bore.
Take THPS for example; its far from realistic, but its damn fun :)

Well yeah that is arcadey...

But there hasn't been a sim of extreme sports really...

I would like to see what they could true extreme sports sim.. I think that would be sweet.

From what I've heard on this game, looks like it's a rental for me. I get bored of having to do a quaddruple backflips for 35,000 points.. bah That's how THEY ALL are.. I rented (friend is actually playing it right now) Mat Hoffman's Pro BMX 2. It's a fun game but it's just a rental for me.

Anyways thanks for your input guys. Anyone else want to throw in there input it's more then welcomed.

Professor Kaos
10-28-2002, 06:17 PM
i have a question, on the commercials i saw guys with their boards on fire. WTF is up with dat, they are riding on snow.

Bakeman
10-28-2002, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by Playya
i have a question, on the commercials i saw guys with their boards on fire. WTF is up with dat, they are riding on snow.

LOL I haven't seen that yet...

dougi3000
10-28-2002, 09:48 PM
ya, you ride over some flaming gas pipes or something.

your board goes on fire! LOL
it is just for fun, it doesnt really melt your board or anything

MerimacHamwich
10-28-2002, 11:46 PM
It gives you bonus multipliers when your board is on fire. Just like if you do a perfect grab or a perfect landing. Then there is the revert thingy which extends your combo. Do all 4 and you have a super highscore.