PDA

View Full Version : The most exspensive xbox game, it's not Steel Batalion

FuNkY mOnK
10-28-2002, 11:39 AM
I was at game stop this morning and in the used section I noticed Air Force Delta Storm by Konami, I haven’t seen or heard from it since the xbox launch days for what ever reason so I decided to get it, it was 44.00 and I said why so high for a used game, he says because it’s rare and very hard to find and that the one I have had been traded this week for dead to rights and that I was lucky to have gotten it.

So I go home and play it and it’s not bad at all for a launch title and will compliment my library along side of Desert storm conflict. So now I go to ebay and amizon.com to see how rare this game is, long and behold this game is going for 130.00 new and 70.00 used and they say that Konami only made one run of this game and stopped producing it. So at 44.00 I got a steal. Anyone here still own their Air Force Delta storm? If so hold on to that sucker.

LOL Click here $130.00 for Air Force Delta Storm. (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/stores/offering/list/-/B00005NZ1W/all/ref=dp_pb_a/102-4280166-5419311)

GokuX
10-28-2002, 11:47 AM
That game, oh man I thought that game was the worst jet fighter game I've ever played. They must've realized it stunk and stopped production due to low sales. Okay so now bad games are collectors items. Blehh.

Leviathon
10-28-2002, 11:52 AM
I'm one of those guys that like a good flight sim. So I had been watching that game on ebay as well. So I decided to check some ratings on the game. They have all been pretty low. I think people wanted more simulation out of the game than a 3rd person flying shooter game. That's what I got out of all the reviews. So I never bought it.

However you did get a great deal on the game for that price. Sell and make some money.:rolleyes:

LynxFX
10-28-2002, 11:55 AM
Rare?? That game was everywhere and eventually was in every bargain bin.

$44 used?? Try $15 new.

RudedogX
10-28-2002, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by Lynxfx
Rare?? That game was everywhere and eventually was in every bargain bin.

$44 used?? Try $15 new.

And yet fools are payin' 130 for it. Gotta love collectors of 'rare' items;)

FuNkY mOnK
10-28-2002, 12:02 PM
I've bought worst games than this one at 54.11. at least this one has allot of peoples interest on ebay. and 44.00 wont break my bank.:)

Afro Aura
10-28-2002, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by GokuX
That game, oh man I thought that game was the worst jet fighter game I've ever played. They must've realized it stunk and stopped production due to low sales. Okay so now bad games are collectors items. Blehh.
Yeah, too right all the game was a slightly and I mean slightly improvement over the Dreamcast, I mean, the XBOX is the most powerful console on planet and you still get drawin and bland graphics

FuNkY mOnK
10-28-2002, 12:07 PM
even Blockbusters gave up on this one i called to see if i could rent it, it's been out of there inventory for a year and it sold for 9.99 used.lol

LynxFX
10-28-2002, 12:16 PM
That is still just nuts. But hey, if you can make a quick buck more power to ya.

Spaztic
10-28-2002, 12:41 PM
I wouldn't buy that game for $10!

smack119
10-28-2002, 01:01 PM
i have that game too, but last time i checked it was only $45 on ebay. the game wasnt that great

Premium Xbox
10-28-2002, 01:05 PM
I bought this game at work, I think is was about $30 after my discount (Gamestop). Played it for about 45 minutes found out it sucked, then put it on ebay. Got $68.32 for it. Weren't they going to starting making more prints of this game anyway?

FuNkY mOnK
10-28-2002, 01:12 PM
Nope from what i hear Konami stop producing this game thats it no more.

Carnage
10-28-2002, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by Shaggy

If you could buy it for 10$, then turn around and sell it for 130$, who in their right mind wouldnt buy this game!? :rolleyes:

FuNkY mOnK
10-28-2002, 04:49 PM
you guys act as if xbox has never turned out a lemon until this one, i'm telling you this game is not the worst xbox game out there. and add the fact that if you have one hold on to it because there weren't many produced, i remember this being on the shelfs for like three months then it was pulled. and even if it's bad it makes up for it in it's rarity.

WeeMan
10-28-2002, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by Shaggy
i would...but i would trade it in

GokuX
10-28-2002, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by FuNkY mOnK
you guys act as if xbox has never turned out a lemon until this one, i'm telling you this game is not the worst xbox game out there. and add the fact that if you have one hold on to it because there weren't many produced, i remember this being on the shelfs for like three months then it was pulled. and even if it's bad it makes up for it in it's rarity.

It's the worst game I've played on the Xbox whether it's rare or not.

FuNkY mOnK
10-28-2002, 06:06 PM
I think the worst games i played next to AirForce Delta storm and they are still being sold for 49.99 is new legends ,lotr, shrek, blood ryan, blood omen 2, hell i could go on and on. Air force Delta Storm has some good visuals like engine vapor, smoke trails, lens flairs, dynamic lighting and good old fashion shoot him up. that's my opinion.

Also you know whats funny, try selling the best xbox game to date on ebay and you wont get nearly what you payed for it.;)

Professor Kaos
10-28-2002, 06:20 PM
not to bash the title of the thread or ne thing but isnt steel batallion like $200? And do any of you have any idea how much a copy of FF3 is goin for these days? I heard it was pretty rare, and i have one in mint condidtion (w/out the box or book :confused: ) but can ya guys help me out.

TheCovenant
10-28-2002, 06:28 PM
I HAD THAT GAME AND SOLD IT SO I HAVE MONEY FOR MORROWIND! WHICH IM NOW GOING TO SELL!

SkoalMint
10-28-2002, 07:29 PM
Wasn't there a rumor a couple of months ago that they were going to do a second production run on this game?

FuNkY mOnK
10-29-2002, 06:00 AM
Originally posted by Playya
not to bash the title of the thread or ne thing but isnt steel batallion like $200? And do any of you have any idea how much a copy of FF3 is goin for these days? I heard it was pretty rare, and i have one in mint condidtion (w/out the box or book :confused: ) but can ya guys help me out.

Well if you count the forty button controller of steel battalion, yes its more money, but as you know things that are collectable usually increase in price as it gets more in demand. About your FF3, check on eBay and amazon.com under video games I’m sure you’ll find something there.

FuNkY mOnK
10-29-2002, 06:18 AM
Originally posted by GokuX

It's the worst game I've played on the Xbox whether it's rare or not.

If you still have your December issue 2001 of oxm, and turn to page 113, they review airforce delta storm and gave it 7.1 and would have scored higher but it had no multi-player. I bought this game because I have not seen it for a while and one thing xbox has proven over the months so far is that the launch titles have out shined anything to date. Pgr, being one. Someone mentioned it’s not like a sim, well you can tweak the controls which give you yaw and rudder so now barrel rolls and high-g maneuvers are possible. Someone also mentioned bland graphics it has some of the best visuals to date, and game play well what do you expect from air combat? Halo?

FuNkY mOnK
10-29-2002, 06:35 AM
Originally posted by SkoalMint
Wasn't there a rumor a couple of months ago that they were going to do a second production run on this game?

Now, from what you’re gathering from this thread about this game, do you think it’s wise to reproduce it? Maybe a spin-off with 360 degree combat view would be a welcome, and takeoff / landing maneuvers would be a plus. From what I hear Konami has better things to do with their time, maybe its MGS2 substance who knows. but hey if they do bring it back i still payed 44.00 total not 130.00 ;)

SkoalMint
10-29-2002, 07:51 AM

Now, from what you’re gathering from this thread about this game, do you think it’s wise to reproduce it? Maybe a spin-off with 360 degree combat view would be a welcome, and takeoff / landing maneuvers would be a plus. From what I hear Konami has better things to do with their time, maybe its MGS2 substance who knows. but hey if they do bring it back i still payed 44.00 total not 130.00 ;)

I have no idea whether it is wise or not. I guess Konami would have to make that decision. Likewise, I have no idea whether Konami has better things to do with their time. Again, I guess Konami would have to make that decision. I was simply referring to a rumor that they were going to do a second production run that is referenced at http://www.xboxaddict.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=23205&highlight=delta

FuNkY mOnK
10-29-2002, 08:04 AM
I sent Konami an e-mail on the status of AFDS, still waiting for a reply and I will post it as soon as I hear something. But you know what’s funny if you want to buy this off Konami’s site it leads you to where they are selling it for top dollar 70.00 and up.
Konami (http://www.konami.com/airforcedelta_xbox/)

Leviathon
10-29-2002, 09:00 AM
I think its time that some one steps up to the plate and make a great flight-sim game. Military or Commercial or both. There are some flight sim fans out there and this is a market that I think the xbox could nab really quick. Provide the option of the regular controller or a Flight stick or yoke of somekind. Xbox, with its hard drive could do something that compares to MS's flight simulator.

Knight
10-29-2002, 10:29 AM
you guys act as if xbox has never turned out a lemon until this one, i'm telling you this game is not the worst xbox game out there.

The worst XBox is Kabuki Warriors and Microsoft should ban the Developer(Lightweight) for the next 20 years for Developing that crap and tell them they have to Develope for the gamecube then only in 2021 let them Develope for XBox4!

http://www.planetxbox.com/games2/3176.shtml

Knight
10-29-2002, 10:30 AM
And tell them they have to Develope Kabuki Warriors2 for the gamecube!!

FuNkY mOnK
10-29-2002, 11:49 AM
Never played Kabuki Warriors but I did hear it was very sour. If anyone here is playing AFDS you have to admit the instant replay after a mission is top notch, especially the after shocks from explosions, and haze from the exhaust. Still waiting on that reply from Konami on whether they have any intension of bringing this back. So far cant find creditable info.

GokuX
10-29-2002, 03:04 PM

If you still have your December issue 2001 of oxm, and turn to page 113, they review airforce delta storm and gave it 7.1 and would have scored higher but it had no multi-player. I bought this game because I have not seen it for a while and one thing xbox has proven over the months so far is that the launch titles have out shined anything to date. Pgr, being one. Someone mentioned it’s not like a sim, well you can tweak the controls which give you yaw and rudder so now barrel rolls and high-g maneuvers are possible. Someone also mentioned bland graphics it has some of the best visuals to date, and game play well what do you expect from air combat? Halo?

Well I have to agree that XBox titles in general blew the PS2's offerings out of the water. Also I need to strongly clarify that I don't believe ADS is the worst Xbox game, simply the worst of the games that I've played. I'm a choosy player, even when renting and the graphics were the allure for this game. Now in review of the game itself, I find when I'm playing it I inexorably compare it to previous flight simulator titles that I previously played such as Jane's World War 2 Combat and perhaps Israeli Airforce, but that's a stretch as I only played the demo for that. As you said people wanted more simulation and I believe you're correct. I found it to be very sterile physics wise and overly arcadey. In fact I believe without hesitation that flying games should never be restricted merely or overly to the the arcade class in favor of bypassing simulation elements. It's these simulation elements which I also believe are stereotyped into a category of pure frustration, inconvienience, and complication for a generalized attention and mentally deficient console game. In short I felt this game stunk and deserves nothing but my hatred. :cool:

FuNkY mOnK
10-29-2002, 04:03 PM
I don’t think Konami was looking for simulation in ADS just fast furious G-force action, as far as Jane simulations and the like, well tell you the truth when you open the manual and on the first few pages mentions where to get further literature on how to fly from your local library, that to me is a total wacky case of a game, and its for people that walk around with top gun jackets with all the goofy patches making hand gestures on how they break left on someone’s six and yet never flown on a commercial airline. Sorry but these are two very different type of games, jet fuel and war is all they have in common. just for the record i said nothing about simulation.

GokuX
10-29-2002, 06:07 PM
I don’t think Konami was looking for simulation in ADS just fast furious G-force action, as far as Jane simulations and the like, well tell you the truth when you open the manual and on the first few pages mentions where to get further literature on how to fly from your local library, that to me is a total wacky case of a game, and its for people that walk around with top gun jackets with all the goofy patches making hand gestures on how they break left on someone’s six and yet never flown on a commercial airline. Sorry but these are two very different type of games, jet fuel and war is all they have in common. just for the record i said nothing about simulation.

I agree there are Jane's games that have crazy amounts of controls but I wasn't speaking about those, yes I mentioned Isreali Air Force, but only the demo, however World War 2 Fighters that I mentioned is a nice balance between simulation and arcade. There aren't a lot of controls that couldn't be mastered in under 5 minutes. I guess I just don't understand arcadey flight games.

DeltaU
10-30-2002, 01:15 AM

first time poster...

i totally agree with funky monk....while this isn't the greatest game ever by any means, it is certainly not the worst (ufc tapout comes to mind, beat that game in two minutes). I bought this game for 15 bucks new at walmart, they gave me a deal because it was sitting there for so long. I plan on selling it to the highest bidder on ebay. :cool:

FuNkY mOnK
10-30-2002, 06:03 AM
Welcome deltau, no relation to delta storm by any chance? j/k. in case you haven’t read this far, this thread is mainly about ADS and it’s insane price at auction sites. I sent an email to konami to see if this game will go into a second run, if not, I would suggest picking this one up or ask a friend that doesn’t know better to sell it to you and hold on to it. Hey, what are friends for. I happened to purchase this game for the game itself, so either way I win. But anyway enjoy your stay and welcome once again.