PDA

View Full Version : Proof that game reviews mean nothing!

tWoTOMA
10-28-2002, 06:59 PM
Go to gamerankings.com. The site shows a list of all the reviews a game has recieved and averages them out. Out of these games very few of the rankings fit what I think they deserve. Dead to Rights, which is a game I happen to love, is at 75%. Jet Set Radio Future, a game that I despise, is at 90%; so is Madden, so is Timesplitters 2, which I think is terribly overrated. The only games that I agree with are NFL 2k3 and Halo. SegaGT, Hitman 2, Blinx, etc. etc. are underrated to me. It's all about what you think, and I have given up on reviews altogether, so that I don't buy a crap game or miss a good one.

Professor Kaos
10-28-2002, 07:02 PM
but most ppl already know that game reviews are just opinions,

POD13259
10-28-2002, 07:49 PM
Your thread means nothing.

Gamerankings.com has its opinions, whether they're the same as yours or not. It's not proof as to whether we should or should not listen to reviews.

maneatingcow
10-28-2002, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by tWoTOMA
Dead to Rights, which is a game I happen to love, is at 75%. Jet Set Radio Future, a game that I despise, is at 90%.
It's all about what you think, and I have given up on reviews altogether, so that I don't buy a crap game or miss a good one.

<i>MEC's Rules Of Gaming Reviews:
1. Reviews are the opinion of the reviewer.
2. Everyone is into different games/genres.
3. Find a reviewer with similar favorite games, and use their reviews as guidelines.
4. If you like a particular genre, and a game in that genre gets an 80%, odds are you will enjoy it.
5. Do not judge until you have played.
6. Just because you do not like it does not mean it sucks.
7. RENT FIRST. Buy Later. </i>

If you follow these rules, there is a 99.9% chance a "Kabuki Warriors" won't end up on your shelf*
<small>*note: there is a 0.1% chance of general stupidity</small>

Waffle.

EHWfedPres
10-29-2002, 08:04 PM
You dont need proof...some whackjob's opinion is no better than anyone else's, people just fail to realize that.