PDA

View Full Version : Sharing the gospel of the Xbox...

Leviathon
10-29-2002, 09:06 AM
Just an example guys of how the xbox's popularity is spreading.
From our clan or friends who started out last Christmas with 2 xbox's, they have now shared the gospel of the box to 6 other addicts. 2 of which are brothers living in the same house. They link up Boxes all the time. So from 2 we now have 8 and still going.

These numbers are probably meager, but promising.

What are your testimonies on converting and winning the lost...?

Slacker
10-29-2002, 12:17 PM
I got two of my brothers to buy one, and a cousin I actually had a hard time getting My "ulimate Gamer' friend to get one he is one of those guys that has had EVERY systems since Oddeysey he is/was a big microsoft hater, but about 12 minutes of halo and it was all over ,he bought one that day,

Jarvis
10-29-2002, 02:27 PM
Got my friends Jordan, Steve, Brendan and Josh to buy one.

that's about it so far

-jarvis

Variation-XBA
10-30-2002, 01:53 AM
Quite a few times at work, people come in for PS2's and after talking to me they leave with an Xbox;) :)

l Maximus l
10-31-2002, 01:22 AM
I work part-time at an electonics retailer and I've sold many XBoxes when people were either contemplating on buying one or looking at other consoles.

I figure that even if a person was looking at a GameCube or a PS2 that they still need to atleast *know* about XBox and it's features and capabilities (XBox Live, hard-drive, and all that those can do and more). Atleast they are making a well-informed decision...and besides, if they don't buy an XBox, I'll break their legs :D

ARONO129
10-31-2002, 11:30 PM
Most of the guys at my work have or just bought PS2's. They say it's so thier kids can play thier PS1 games on them. To me that's kind of like buying a color TV and only watching black and white shows on it.

The second and just as common reason that I hear is "Oh, there's tons of games" Yep. But very few really good ones.

What I have noticed with the Xbox is that about six months after launch morale was low. People were asking where all the good games were. Some were even saying that the Xbox is the next Dreamcast.

Then the price drop combined with MS buying Rare and Xbox Live due out very soon and all that negativity is virtually gone now.

Xbox is now thought of as a serious contender and not a fly by night experiment for MS. Xbox is my hobby. after a stressfull day at work I come home and lose myself in a game. Great therapy.

l Maximus l
11-01-2002, 01:19 AM
I was working this evening and this kid and his father came in and asked if we carried PS2s...and I told him that we did but asked him if they have heard about the XBox. They said "yes, but Grand Theft Auto: Vice City is not on that system". I confirmed to them that it is not but decided to share some information about the XBox that they had no idea about.

To make a long story short, they left the store after purchasing an XBox with the 2 Sega games bundled with it. Another proud XBox owner. God bless them :D

Casper
11-01-2002, 06:25 AM
Originally posted by Maximus-XBA
I was working this evening and this kid and his father came in and asked if we carried PS2s...and I told him that we did but asked him if they have heard about the XBox. They said "yes, but Grand Theft Auto: Vice City is not on that system". I confirmed to them that it is not but decided to share some information about the XBox that they had no idea about.

To make a long story short, they left the store after purchasing an XBox with the 2 Sega games bundled with it. Another proud XBox owner. God bless them :D

Good boy Maxy :) So your pushing 2 jobs now huh? What's up with that? :confused: Then again, there are a butt-load of games coming out :eek:

Well, let's see, since last year's release, I talked 5 of my friends into buying them, and one is now posting here. Also, one of my boys (Little Caesar) is even on XBL now after testing the beta with me. Xbox owns, and it's spreading like Ebola :D

l Maximus l
11-01-2002, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by casper

Good boy Maxy :) So your pushing 2 jobs now huh? What's up with that? :confused: Then again, there are a butt-load of games coming out :eek:

Well, let's see, since last year's release, I talked 5 of my friends into buying them, and one is now posting here. Also, one of my boys (Little Caesar) is even on XBL now after testing the beta with me. Xbox owns, and it's spreading like Ebola :D

What's up, buddy?

Yeah, I work a couple days a week in the evenings...four hours at a time (not on my full days off, though :D) and I work at an Electronics retailer...it's pretty fun, actually...and I even get a discount on the merchandise :D Not beer, though :( (It's a large store that has an electronics department inside and they carry other stuff like groceries, office supplies, and they even have a nursury - it's kind of like a very upscale Walmart)