PDA

View Full Version : Wow, gamers.com hit a new low that I thought could not be achieved...

yall
10-29-2002, 02:55 PM
Occasionaly (and I don't know why I bother) I check out gamers.com. I always knew they were a bit fanboyish, but its an okay site.

Well, I go there today and see one of the headlines on the main page is a link to the forums that says "Are Halo 2's graphics better than PS2 graphics?".

Again, I'm not sure why I went to this discussion, maybe because I like to see major accidents or train wrecks. But I clicked on the link, against my better judgement.

I have never seen such stupidity, combined with opinions being heralded as facts in my life. You wouldn't believe it. For starters its 90% PS2 fanboys saying things like "the halo 2 trailer was fmv just like ffx movies" or "the ps2 used only 25% of its power to do mgs and gt3. the xbox had to use all of its power to do halo, so the ps2 is better". It was appaling. And when someone made a valid arguement in favor of the xbox, the standard reply always was "oh yeah well ps2 has more games"

I'm a little bit of an xbox fanboy (obviously we all are a little if we come to this site regularly). And that isn't such a terrible thing, as long as you are reasonable about it. I like my xbox and I chose it over a ps2. That doesnt mean I have to hate the ps2, or say terrible things about it whenever given the opportunity.

But these idiots on the board are like 2nd graders swinging their arms around wildly, like they were going into total spaz mode on the schoolyard bully. Its almost funny, but sad that theirs is the only voice heard.

Oh well, just a rant. No biggie. I better go before the boss sees how I really earn my paycheck.

Leviathon
10-29-2002, 03:19 PM
Preach it Bro. Yall

rio2012
10-29-2002, 03:37 PM
In my area many (stupid) peps are runing around telling everyone they can that PS2 grafics are better thant Xbox grafics and I really think that its a load of crap.

Besides we all know that the Xbox has a modified nvidia grafics card in it and even a Gforce 2 can bet the pants off a PS2 !!!!!!

P.S. I think sony brain washes all of the PS2 buyers.

ARONO129
10-29-2002, 04:11 PM
That just makes me laugh. Who cares what they say. Xbox=better sound, picture, value. Can you download levels, characters, rosters on a PS2 HD?

I own an Xbox and I'm glad I do. I don't regret it for a minute. If people want to pay for yesterdays technogoly let them. There's a sucker born every minute...or every time a PS2 is sold.

Evil_Dr_Beefy
10-29-2002, 04:25 PM
i got no beef with the playstation 2 or it's fanbase....but,those halo 2 graphics just blew me away.....can't wait to play it. Dude, if you want to talk about brainwashing...microsoft does their fair share as well....there is another xbox forum you should visit...where the rabid fanboy run fast and free.....

Slacker
10-29-2002, 04:28 PM
I think alot of the Fanboy attitude comes from Kids under 18 They bugged thier Parents/parent for a PS2 , then Xbox came out and Mommy and Daddy won't let them have TWO gaming consoles, So they know they have the weaker system and are ****ed, The second major Reason why PS2 Fanboys act like that, is Because it's microsfot, even though they all use Windows and Many microsoft products its "hip" to not like Microsoft,

But who cares really,

Im so glad I didn't buy a PS2 HAve you seen the TS2 comercial they use All PS2 graphics.........my god they suck it looks like a PS1 game......it's only a matter of time before every PS2 owner wakes up and notices there graphics suck compared to Xbox and GC