PDA

View Full Version : Shenmue II is not a good game...

faceoff508
10-29-2002, 03:29 PM
according to EGM, they gave it an average of 7 out of 10. This the Third sega games made Only for Xbox that turned out to be medicore in a row. Toe Jam and Earl, House of the Dead 3, and now Shenmue. I was looking forward to all these games :(

ScorpionX
10-29-2002, 03:32 PM
I'm not surprised at that score at all, I thought the DC games were horrible. :D
I wasn't even looking forward to this game.

Xbox Owner
10-29-2002, 03:40 PM
My friend doesn't like Halo, that must mean it sucks.:rolleyes:

SonicWolverine
10-29-2002, 03:46 PM
I've played shenmue so I dont need anyong telling me its good or bad. I'll buy it no matter what.

Shenmue 2 is a great game. Its defenitely better that any game that is out Right now.

Many people say that shenmue2 wasnt upgraded...it doesnt really matter. Most games that are out right now are not as detailed compared to shenmue.

Kortiz
10-29-2002, 03:47 PM
take a guess what what DCM scored Shenmue1.......go on take a guess.....ill check back and see if you are correct or not.

wweomaniac
10-29-2002, 04:31 PM
Here's all the scores the DC version of Shenmue II got: http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages4/5368.asp

If they manage to improve the graphics good enough in this port to the xbox... the Xbox version should get equal scores. Maybe even higher sicne its English ratehr than japanese.

Evil_Dr_Beefy
10-29-2002, 04:41 PM
No, No, no...shenmue 2 is one of the best games ever made. The one problem with it is.......it starts out a bit slow..it takes a few hours to get up to speed..... I bought the imported version from europe....and i was hopeing that microsoft/sega would have added a bit more than they did......Still it's a must get game, only if you don't have the one from europe.......

SpartanSniper
10-29-2002, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by SonicWolverine
I've played shenmue so I dont need anyong telling me its good or bad. I'll buy it no matter what.

Shenmue 2 is a great game. Its defenitely better that any game that is out Right now.

Many people say that shenmue2 wasnt upgraded...it doesnt really matter. Most games that are out right now are not as detailed compared to shenmue. Shenmue was a game that created it's own genre. Shenmue II will follow in the original's footsteps. I know I'll buy it...and the sooner the better.

Shenmue II on Xbox does have great graphical upgrades over the DC version. (Just to let everybody know.)

Liquid Fury
10-29-2002, 06:11 PM
Oh man, just because a magazine gives a game a lower score does not mean it sucks. Jesus Christ grow some balls and play the game YOURSELF instead of listening to what some guy wrote.

VenoM
10-29-2002, 06:14 PM
forget what egm says...this game is great,ive played the dc version of shenmue 2 and it was very good.....maybe if it was on ps2 they would of given it a 9 out of 10 or even a 10 :rolleyes:

Afro Aura
10-29-2002, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by VenoM
forget what egm says...this game is great,ive played the dc version of shenmue 2 and it was very good.....maybe if it was on ps2 they would of given it a 9 out of 10 or even a 10 :rolleyes:
yeah your right lol

Nameless
10-29-2002, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by faceoff508
according to EGM, they gave it an average of 7 out of 10. This the Third sega games made Only for Xbox that turned out to be medicore in a row. Toe Jam and Earl, House of the Dead 3, and now Shenmue. I was looking forward to all these games :(

And someone elses opinion turned you off?
Grow up.
Game reveiws are just opinion, how bout you get the game, play it, and then come back and tell us bout it?

WeeMan
10-29-2002, 07:32 PM
OXM gave it a 7.6, but they are ***'s too :)

KviK
10-29-2002, 07:34 PM
THE REASON IT GETS LOW SCORES IS BECAUSE ITS A PORT THAT HAS NOTHING NEW, YOU WANT A REVIEW ? LOOK AT THE DC REVIEWS.