PDA

View Full Version : Total Inmersion Racing

halomasterchief
10-29-2002, 06:19 PM
Hey Guys, We need to get the word out on this game. It comes out on November 6th and for only $29.99 brand new. Check ebgames for pictures. Any Le Mans fans out there.... Post your replies. See you at the track....

xboxaddict1226
10-29-2002, 07:10 PM
wow sounds pretty good hope they include the porche 911 GT3,corvette C5R, and the Viper GTS-R if they do i will be happy and then buy it if not then its a maybe but hey they the M3 GT-R and i love that car

steveo_wrx
11-02-2002, 11:28 AM
Well, the price is right, but is the game discounted right out of the chute because it's crap ? Let's hope not. I'm a huge fan of sports car racing, so I'm really hoping for the best with this game. Particularly in light of Pro Race Driver for the X-Box getting pushed well back into 2003 and the PS2 version of it getting delayed and the races being cut back to 10 car fields by Codemasters to make it run okay on the PS2.

Bakeman
11-02-2002, 03:10 PM
I played it on PC last night.. I wasn't to impressed

maybe I didn't give it enough of a chance.. I don't know..

halomasterchief
11-04-2002, 04:11 PM
Checked with EBX and has been pushed back to 12.11.02 Been a fan of the 24 hours of Le Mans, can not wait to have it full blast with dolby 5.1 surround. Seems that there will only be 6 cars on the track per race.... At least I hope the detail will be pushed to the limit and if any indication of the media and movie pictures, certain cars do have in dash camera view complete with a full detailed steering wheel that displays oil pressure gauge, tachometer, speedometer, remaining gallons of gas, etc... If the AI is excellent and the CPU cars do behave in a manner like the game says, where drivers will hold grudges against players that take them out of the race, expect those AI drivers to take you out of contention on your last race where the points become important to win the championship. Let's hope the delay is to improve the AI and the minor tweaks that will make the game a better one...

Innotech
11-05-2002, 11:27 AM
This game has the British GT cars I always loved! finally game makers are realizing all the potential of these lost forgotten supercars...exapmples: the quaife and sintura S99 in the game are pretty much dead. but I have modeled them for a Need for speed game al ong time ago as a fun project and now finally they get the attnetion they deserve!

steveo_wrx
11-07-2002, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by halomasterchief
Seems that there will only be 6 cars on the track per race....

Now that truly sucks. :( Part of the thrill of these games is driving in the pack. If you've played NASCAR Thunder 2003, you'll know what I mean. Okay, we don't expect 43 cars in Total Immersion but 6 car fields ? We already get that in GT3 and Sega GT 2002. Well, at least you'll be able to have some interactive physics going on, not like GT3 where you can use your opponents as fixed targets to carom off of as you force your way to the front.

Anybody else played the old Sports Car GT on the PC? Now that's what I want on the Xbox, with better sound and graphics !

xboxaddict1226
11-08-2002, 06:02 PM
wow sports car GT now that takes me back i loved that game

Innotech
11-18-2002, 07:51 AM
I have SCGT for PC. Its great game. You can convert NFS cars to SCGT. I might convert my Ferrari Enzo.

c_duone
11-18-2002, 08:13 AM
I'm a Big Lemans Fan. I went to the Grand Prix of Washington In DC this past summer. Total Immersion Racing will be one of those games that only a few people will truely appreciate because only a few will even know about it. Nascar seems to dominate the American Landscape and that is Unfortunate Because Total Immersion seems to be a very polished game. I will definitely buy my copy on DEC 10.

Mr. Kwik
11-18-2002, 04:26 PM
If they could make a racing game half as good as GT3 then I would buy it. Hey stevo, I have thunder 2003 it is great running in packs as I have expeirenced it on the console and in real life but as a game it don't even belong in the same sentence as GT3! Has anyone linked up on GT3? Try this play against 6 of your friends head to head (via i link) w/the wheel and see what you think if your friends play all the time like yourself then the competition gets very stiff! throw 20.00 bucks up a race with three other people watching for dirty driveing and disqualifying then see how exciting it gets! If the x-box can do that I would be official hooked!:p

steveo_wrx
11-18-2002, 11:06 PM
Hey, Mr. Kwik. Good to see you here. :) What's your race car ? I just started doing track days in my Subaru WRX this year. Dang, why did I wait so long to try it ? It's the most fun you can have with your pants on. I've modded the car some, and it can pretty much run with the big dogs in HPDE track events, at least in the corners. But it's my daily driver, so I have to be careful with it in traffic.

I agree with you on the excellence of GT3. It raised the bar on handling physics and nobody's matched it yet. Where I think the game falls down a little is the 6-car fields and lack of realistic car to car physics. Given the talent of the programmer, it could have been done. I'm looking forward to Total Immersion Racing and Pro Race Driver (though it's getting slammed as too "arcade" by the English fanatics on the Codemasters forum). Try NASCAR Dirt to Daytona also with the difficulty level cranked up. I think you'll like that game - the set-up and car upgrade menus are the fully the equal of GT3.

Mr. Kwik
11-19-2002, 10:46 PM
Stevo, I am glad some one will admit that GT3 id the best racing game out there. I dont think the PS2 is the best machine though, To answer your quarry about what I drive on the track, I drive a dirt late model and a modified but have also owned several street stock cars. Yes Stevo I know what your thinking, "another circle burner" but I live here in the central United States where dirt circle tracks are common as a matter of fact I can think of 6 that are less than an hour away from my home town. I would kill to have an opportunity to drive a rally car or a paved road course car. You my friend are a lucky man!

Xbox Owner
11-22-2002, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by c_duone
I'm a Big Lemans Fan. I went to the Grand Prix of Washington In DC this past summer. Total Immersion Racing will be one of those games that only a few people will truely appreciate because only a few will even know about it. Nascar seems to dominate the American Landscape and that is Unfortunate Because Total Immersion seems to be a very polished game. I will definitely buy my copy on DEC 10.

lol, you're right. I don't really like that kind..but I might check it out..so uh..has it been delayed to the 10TH?