PDA

View Full Version : Top Spin

Bakeman
10-30-2002, 04:37 PM
Have you guys seen or heard about this game yet?

Here is a link to an interview about the game at IGN.
Top Spin (http://xbox.ign.com/articles/375/375739p1.html)

The screen shots look pretty nice, and some of the stuff that Matthew Seymour Program Manager for Microsoft Game Studios and Francois Giuntini Producer for Power & Magic Development had to say about the game sounds really nice.

the game will feature a robust Player Creator that will allow complete player customization to the point of actually being able to sculpt your player's face! Our hope here is to have such a powerful player editor that no two players will look alike and you'll be able to recognize an online opponent by his or her face rather than his or her gamertag

and

To us there absolutely has to be online play because tennis begs to be online with its one-on-one fast action competition and inherent ladder system. Users will be able to get into the action quick with matchmaking or customize through Optimatch. Match play will be very heated and competitive with the existence of our real-time worldwide ladder.

and

Finally, it is the ability to exhibit and control your player's emotions in-between points including pumping your fist, arguing calls, throwing your racquet in disgust, or raising your arms in victory.

Doesn't it all sound interesting??? I am now offically eagerly awaiting this game.

Bigwig
11-01-2002, 10:44 PM
This is great news. Segas Tennis games were real fun and they used to brag about how they wanted to have the world compete for rankings online. Now they are locked into contract with the PS2 and VR Tennis 2k3 wont even be online. This games graphics look better then 2k3 and it has Sampras. If it is only for the Xbox the graphics and online features will top 2k3. I just hope the gameplay will. For all you cynics think about how much playing for Rankings online in tournaments would be. I hope people like that idea because my company is working a a similar boxing sim called Xbox Live boxing for mid 2004 << plug plug