PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else have this problem with their xbox...?

zoopy123
10-30-2002, 08:23 PM
I've had my Xbox since last Christmas and recently it has been acting weird when I turn it on. When I press the power button the green light comes on, it makes noise like its working, but it sounds like it's searching for a disk in there over and over when there is a disk in it. Also, the startup Xbox screen doesn't show up. My TV just remains black and the Xbox keeps on shining green. The only way I can get it to startup correctly is if I turn it on, turn if back off and then immediately turn it back on. I've tried taking off the DVD adapter while starting it up, removing the controllers, having no disk in it starting up, hitting the eject button to start it up... but it still does the weird turn on thing but no actual startup action. I'm glad I actually paid for a 2 year warrenty from CompUSA for the box... b/c I'm getting worried I'll have to take it in. Turning it on then off and then back on really fast can't be too good for it...

Any others out there with this problem? Any solutions? Thanks

Markus_Kalarkus
10-30-2002, 09:29 PM
Nope. Get A New Box.:)

Liquid Fury
10-30-2002, 09:38 PM
^
Hes right.

rio2012
10-30-2002, 09:43 PM
Black TV Screen+Flashing Green Light=One Burned Out XBOX:D

P.S. Check Out My OXM Halo 2 Post and Get a free 30mb site at Brinkster.com

EHWfedPres
10-30-2002, 11:16 PM
i only had a few minor freezing problems, but a lens cleaning disc fixed that right away. :)

xSHANKEDx
10-30-2002, 11:28 PM
call 1-800-4-my-xbox they might send you a new xbox.

EHWfedPres
10-30-2002, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by xSHANKEDx
call 1-800-4-my-xbox they might send you a new xbox.

Yeah, they just might also buy you a new car, and clean your house for you and give you 5 million dollars...but they probably wouldnt...worth a shot tho, so call them up and see wtf is wrong. Good call man. :)

l Maximus l
10-31-2002, 12:53 AM
Honestly, I have had this problem a couple times during this entire year...I just flick it off and try it again...hasn't failed me yet. I got mine on launch day.

Highlite23
10-31-2002, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by EHWfedPres
i only had a few minor freezing problems, but a lens cleaning disc fixed that right away. :)

Gotta go with EHWfedPres.......

Slacker
10-31-2002, 02:30 PM
The manual tells you not to leave a Game Disk in the Xbox after playing it, so maybe that was the problem ,

Spaztic
10-31-2002, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by Slacker
The manual tells you not to leave a Game Disk in the Xbox after playing it, so maybe that was the problem ,

thats crap! Mine hasn't done anything like that....worked like a gem since day one! Have had a game freeze here and there but no big deal!

Ninja Scroll
10-31-2002, 03:01 PM
I have had my Xbox since last December and had no problems with it other than a couple game disc showing it was an error, but all I did was reset it and it was fine.

If you ever worried about your console having issues just get a warrantly from M$,.. or you can be cheap like me and not even bother!:D

:)

Discretion
10-31-2002, 07:15 PM
Nope, no problems. I sure hope you have a MS extended warrenty man!! I sure am glad I do

Squidpie
10-31-2002, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by Ninja Scroll
I have had my Xbox since last December and had no problems with it other than a couple game disc showing it was an error, but all I did was reset it and it was fine.

If you ever worried about your console having issues just get a warrantly from M$,.. or you can be cheap like me and not even bother!:D

:)

Whats up with this Ninja...lol... it's in English... did you use that XBA translator thingy for this post? ;)

XBX_Junior_XBX
10-31-2002, 08:48 PM
no man just get another one, since you still have the warranty!

zoopy123
11-01-2002, 09:27 PM
I took my Xbox back to CompUSA today and I was able to replace it b/c I had the 2 year warrenty. No questions asked! I even got the limited edition Xbox with the two Sega games. The only thing I don't care for is the S Controller. It's too small and the buttons are all weird. And I also had to buy a memory card to keep all my saved games from my old Xbox... but for a new working Xbox and two great Sega games it's worth it! YEAH!

El Papa Grande
11-02-2002, 04:46 AM
i think my xbox is slowly dieing, it's been making a grinding noise for about 3 months, it's been getting louder and lasting longer, it happends when it start it up, i've had it since launch

SPARTAN VI
11-02-2002, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by Slacker

I read that too, but can someone please enlighten me as to how this can damage my XBOX. I have been leaving the CDs in there every once in a while, nothing happened yet...

Sartis
11-02-2002, 09:26 PM
actually I believe it said 'Do not leave disc's in Xbox for an extended period of time after playing' Im guessing this is more of a 'if you stop playing for weeks dont leave a disc in' warning unless someone can prove that wrong..

shrew king
11-02-2002, 11:22 PM
if i got my xbox for christmas and my parents didnt get any warranty, does the xbox have a warranty already, like a 1 year warranty or something that comes with the xbox?

Masta Chief
11-03-2002, 07:51 AM
I had my xbox since launch and about 5-6 months after I got it, it broke. It was showing signs of breaking till that day, it wouldn't read a controller. It would say dirty disc, alot of things but I can't remember them all. But then I just took it over to EB and they gave me a brand spaken new one. This one hasn't acted weird once. But the weird thing is that it didn't start acting weird till after I played Munch's odysee....SO of course, I never played it again. :)